• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forceatowulf said:
I've never bought this many repels this early in any pokemon game I've ever played.

Lemonades and pokeballs usually ate up my money. Not this time around though...

What I've been doing is just going into every trainer battle with the amulet coin equipped. It definitely helps my compulsive need to catch ~3 of everything...

blamite

Reading this thread makes me realize how horribly slowly I play Pokemon games. >.>I have probably about 12 hours (16 counting time walking around time with C Gear), and I'm just facing Elesa.

I'm really loving he game so far, although I feel like I'm missing out on using a bunch of cool pokemon because I don't like their designs. :/ Plus, I'm finding it harder to tell what type a pokemon is just by looking at it.

Red

blamite said:
Reading this thread makes me realize how horribly slowly I play Pokemon games. >.>I have probably about 12 hours (16 counting time walking around time with C Gear), and I'm just facing Elesa.

I'm really loving he game so far, although I feel like I'm missing out on using a bunch of cool pokemon because I don't like their designs. :/ Plus, I'm finding it harder to tell what type a pokemon is just by looking at it.
I notice this occasionally, but they're still largely color-coded. My main issue with this gen is that a few of the Pokemon appear to be over-designed, especially compared to the simple characters from gens 1+2. Check out Hydreigon on this comparison list for example. Doesn't apply to everything, but it's something that's been sticking out to me. Maybe it's due to the increased capabilities of the hardware, I don't know. They're not bad by themselves, but they really stand out against the older designs.

Teknoman

I dunno, Tyranitar really doesnt look like it would be Dark. I usually associate dark blue with dragon and black with dark, so Hydre works for me. Actually same with associating Dragonite with dragon type (aside from being called Dragonite).

blamite said:

Alot of them will grow on you. I used to think Swampert looked stupid, but now I want to train one.

Boogiepop

Anyone have a list of which dual types we're still missing as of this gen? I know B/W filled in a lot, so I'm curious as to what still remains unused...

Machine

I got an adamant female Snivy thru GTS. I think I will start a breeding program. Should she hold an Everstone to pass on the adamant trait? I'm still a bit of a newb on the wholel breeding thing. Basically I just want to trade baby Snivys to help fill out my pokedex.

blamite

Crunched said:
I notice this occasionally, but they're still largely color-coded. My main issue with this gen is that a few of the Pokemon appear to be over-designed, especially compared to the simple characters from gens 1+2. Check out Hydreigon on this comparison list for example. Doesn't apply to everything, but it's something that's been sticking out to me. Maybe it's due to the increased capabilities of the hardware, I don't know. They're not bad by themselves, but they really stand out against the older designs.
Looking at the list of all the new pokemon on Bulbapedia, it doesn't seem like much of a problem, but the two that really confused me when I first realized their types were Scraggy, ehich really never struck me as a fighting type at all, and Darumanka, which has no physical indication of being a fire-type other than it's red color, which is orange enough that I was sure it was another ground-type until it pulled out Incinerate and Fire Fang.

My problem right now is that all the guys I really want to train don't show up until later, like Axew, Braviary, and Litwick. I'm having trouble finding a temporary team to roll with until I get to them.

Anyway, back to the game!

Emitan

Mank said:
Anyone have a list of which dual types we're still missing as of this gen? I know B/W filled in a lot, so I'm curious as to what still remains unused...
Fire/Water is still missing.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Not sure where to post this but there is a rumor on twitter trending worldwide that Satoshi Tajiri had died in the Tsunami today but there is no credible source listed

Emitan

JohnTinker said:
Not sure where to post this but there is a rumor on twitter trending worldwide that Satoshi Tajiri had died in the Tsunami today but there is no credible source listed
I'm not believing anything like that from Twitter.

Balb

Just beat the game.
Your enemies sure were nice enough to heal your Pokemon for you

The endgame should be fun.

Emitan

MrCookiepants said:
Just caught a Darumaka and, well...

"Darumaka's droppings are hot, so people used to put them in their clothes to keep themselves warm."

Um.
I'm sort of happy I've been ignoring the Pokedex descriptions now.

zumphry

Banned
Billychu said:
Satoshi Tajiri didn't die; he fainted.

EDIT: Not that this has any real source either. Just pointing out how dumb these rumors are.

air mauritius alcohol chelsea earthquake facebook health jobs kissing lady gaga liverpool lotto maha shivaratri mauritius miss mauritius 2010 sex sexy stress tourists uom women

Yeah, I'm betting (and hoping) this is just a stupid rumor for somebody's morbid (and completely stupid) 15 seconds of fame.

Kintaco

Is there any streetpass type of feature? I think I read that there was something, and if so is there any kind of reward for using it?

Zzoram

when restarting to get a female starter, can I load a save from just before picking the starter, or do I have to start a new game every time and go through the intro?

Emitan

Zzoram said:
when restarting to get a female starter, can I load a save from just before picking the starter, or do I have to start a new game every time and go through the intro?
You can reload before picking.

Would anyone be willing at all to trade me a CUBCHOO? All I want is to use this pokemon throughout the main game, but supposedly you cannot get it until late.

The best I can offer is Pelilil, I haven't gotten far enough to get anything better/exclusive

Teknoman

Billychu said:
I'm sort of happy I've been ignoring the Pokedex descriptions now.

Well people use cow patties for certain functions so...

Also is there anything special about the Lostlorn forest Zoroark? The Zorua I caught back in Castelia has a better nature.

Looks like im getting weather in game now as well...it's been raining near Driftveil for an hour now.

Zzoram

I just saw read that Pokemon White/Black has a guy in the Battle Subway that actually checks your Pokemon IVs, so you don't need to use that shitty HTML IV calculator with rare candy use.

Teknoman said:
Well people use cow patties for certain functions so...

Also is there anything special about the Lostlorn forest Zoroark? The Zorua I caught back in Castelia has a better nature.

Looks like im getting weather in game now as well...it's been raining near Driftveil for an hour now.

Its female :p You can breed a ton more with the male Zorua you got w/ Celebi and get the nature you want

Styles

Forceatowulf said:
Oh wow. I no longer have to move the cursor to select Lemonade from vendors anymore!

Nicely done, Gamefreak. Nicely done indeed. :)

You should see what they've done with Moomoo milk later on. ;)

Zzoram

Took FOREVER, 20+ resets to get a Female Snivy. It's crappy though, 20HP, and I think it has worse Attack stat since it takes more hits to take out Tepig than the 21HP male I played around with originally. At least it's not a 19HP I've seen on occasion.

Teknoman

razgriz417 said:
Really? Huh, never thought of that...

Wait the movies been out since February?!

Yup.

Now I have to admit to checking out the movie on Cartoon Network :p

I'll keep that in mind though, just in case I want a Zorua with an egg move.

Zzoram said:
Took FOREVER, 20+ resets to get a Female Snivy. It's crappy though, 20HP, and I think it has worse Attack stat since it takes more hits to take out Tepig than the 21HP male I played around with originally. At least it's not a 19HP I've seen on occasion.

Once you journey down the IV path you will never return

D-Pad

End game spoilers:

This is some shit Zelda would pull. Three fucking boss battles in a row, with no saving in between. :/

Zzoram

DragonKnight said:
Once you journey down the IV path you will never return

EW it's got Gentle nature, ugh ugh ugh

I won't bother to EV train this female Snivy, just use it to breed better ones

Zzoram said:
EW it's got Gentle nature, ugh ugh ugh

I won't bother to EV train this female Snivy, just use it to breed better ones

AndHereWeGo.gif

Zzoram

njean777 said:
I got a female snivy with lax nature my first time starting is this any good?

Female is great since it's super hard to get, and now that you have a female you can always breed better ones later.

Lax nature is bad though, it's much like Gentle.

njean777

Zzoram said:
Female is great since it's super hard to get, and now that you have a female you can always breed better ones later.

Lax nature is bad though, it's much like Gentle.

I never really got the whole point of natures or any of the IV stuff, can anybody explain this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom