• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

blamite said:
Reading this thread makes me realize how horribly slowly I play Pokemon games. >.>I have probably about 12 hours (16 counting time walking around time with C Gear), and I'm just facing Elesa.

I'm really loving he game so far, although I feel like I'm missing out on using a bunch of cool pokemon because I don't like their designs. :/ Plus, I'm finding it harder to tell what type a pokemon is just by looking at it.

Hey you've played more than me. I've clocked in 2 hours and caught 4 Pokemon, one of which is given to you by a NPC. Ah well. I've had a busy week I guess.

For those further in the game, would you say this is the best/most diverse region in a game yet?

Morokh

On my way to victory road, just caught the last pokemon for my team :

497.png

Lvl 45
503.png

Lvl 46
553.png

Lvl 46
533.png

Lvl 46
608.png

Lvl 46
627.png

Lvl 39

30 hrs of playtime.

I'm just searching for someone to do a trade and evolve my Gurdurr into Conkeldurr before reaching E4.

I gave up all hope of keeping up with this thread. But I do have to say Drillbur/Excadrill is ruling the school for me. Good Attack and HP with decent Speed. STAB'd Dig near the beginning wrecks anything not resistant and once he gets Rock Throw, he's got coverage for pretty much everything. Earthquake is just ridiculous overkill.

If anybody is still early-ish, definitely get ahold of one of these guys.

Oxx

I've been trying to get by without grinding too much, but I have already been wiped-out twice in the first 5 hours now. I don't think that has happened to me before.

But overall I'm really enjoying the game. There are certainly more monster designs that I like compared to the early part of Pearl.

Teknoman

About multiplayer avatars:

I know you can choose your avatar now, and I know you show up as that character sprite in the wi-fi/wireless lobby, but when fighting someone online, do you appear as that trainer on the opponents battle screen?

WEGGLES

How long are other people taking at this game? I feel like this time isn't accurate...

KfTVel.jpg

Zzoram said:
How are all of you connecting to internet? Switching your home network to WEP?
Well. My sisters old laptop only has WEP, so my dad insists on using that for Wifi. Woo.

(Ignoring the fact that she NEVER uses her laptop...)

Zzoram said:
How are all of you connecting to internet? Switching your home network to WEP?
I spent several hours trying to get DD-WRT properly configured to allow two segregated WLANs so I could have a slow pipe to the Internet with WEP for the DS and a proper network for the rest of my equipment. After giving up and going back to Tomato, now I just temporarily shut off my security and SSID broadcast while I'm using it.

Not at all ideal, but there are like three other broadcasting, completely open routers with range of mine, so I figure whoever's snooping for a connection will probably just take the low-hanging fruit.

Kusagari

I just beat the game at around 38 hours. I loved the endgame so much. It made the game actually feel epic and like a real RPG. I haven't felt like that at the end of a Pokemon game since R/B/Y when it was revealed Gary/Blue was the champion. I hope they continue this into the next series of games because they definitely benefit from having more of a story.

WEGGLES said:
How long are other people taking at this game? I feel like this time isn't accurate...

KfTVel.jpg

Only took me 8 1/2 hours to get 3 badges, finished the main story in around 30-35 hours. Most likely because I just use the starter exclusively.

D-Pad

WEGGLES said:

Cleared at 99:33 or something. At first I thought it was glitched because no way I spent that long playing this game.

Edit - Oh yeah, closing the DS with Wireless communications going won't stop the play clock. So knowing that, my playtime doesn't seem that far fetched. :p

Max

I am not Max
How is the EV managed when a pokemon levels up by just holding Exp. Share? And does a Lucky Egg affect the way your battling pokemon gains EV?

Max said:
How is the EV managed when a pokemon levels up by just holding Exp. Share? And does a Lucky Egg affect the way your battling pokemon gains EV?

The Exp Share and Lucky Egg have no hand in EV distribution. EVs are only gained when the Pokemon participates in battle, even if only for a second.

Max

I am not Max
Electivirus said:
The Exp Share and Lucky Egg have no hand in EV distribution. EVs are only gained when the Pokemon participates in battle, even if only for a second.
So using either will make your pokemon underdeveloped?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
D-Pad said:
all agree that catching Victini is a no-no, and instead we should use it for gaining EV points?
Ahaha I just decided to do this a few hours ago.

I got no real love for Victini and I never use Legendaries anyway. So in the end.. why give up a Pokemon who can give you 3 HP ev's so quick and easy?

Wiseblade

Electivirus said:
Actually a pokemon holding an Exp. Share will gain EVs as if they had particiapted in the battle.

Fake edit: Victini + Power Weight + Pokérus = 14 HP EVs. yeah, I'm not catching that guy any time soon.

Arren

Electivirus said:
If you don't bother switching them in every so often, yes.

Are you sure about this? I seem to recall that, at least in HG/SS, the mere fact that a Pokémon gains Exp. points automatically nets it the corresponding EV of the monster you fought against, even with Exp. Share.

EDIT: Beaten. :)

Blizzard

Banned
The pokemons were delivered yesterday apparently. Got them out of the mailbox today finally. :) I am planning to play white first. I guess for some reason I didn't realize that pokemon white had the black uber pokemon, and vice versa.

WEGGLES

D-Pad said:
Cleared at 99:33 or something. At first I thought it was glitched because no way I spent that long playing this game.

Edit - Oh yeah, closing the DS with Wireless communications going won't stop the play clock. So knowing that, my playtime doesn't seem that far fetched. :p
I never have my C-gear going. Froze up the first time I tried, never bothered afterwards.
I must just be goin slow. Heh. (Though not THAT slow, so it seems)

Max

I am not Max
Wiseblade said:
Actually a pokemon holding an Exp. Share will gain EVs as if they had particiapted in the battle.

Fake edit: Victini + Power Weight + Pokérus = 14 HP EVs. yeah, I'm not catching that guy any time soon.
Oh thank goodness. Using exp. share is all i've been doing.

Gawd this jacked up encounter rate is burning me out and I'm only at the Celestial Tower. I avoided every bit of information before the game came out so I could play a game with Pokemon I'd never seen before, so I never want to use Repels just in case there's some super rare Pokemon in the area I'm in, but it takes for-fucking-ever to get anywhere. I'm absolutely positive I've been attacked again after only changing direction on the same tile. I literally have to be doing something in the background while I play because every three seconds I have to just pound the part of the touch screen where the RUN button will appear.

In HG/SS you could lower the encounter rate by moving slowly; you'd get loads of dudes jumping out if you were on the bike, fewer if you were running and fewer still if you walked. In Black you just get attacked all the damn time no matter how fast you move.

matrix-cat said:
I'm absolutely positive I've been attacked again after only changing direction on the same tile.

I've been attacked loads while changing direction on the same square. It get's quite tedious, especially if you are turning around to go to a dust cloud/wriggling grass.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
D-Pad, your Shedz just fucking saved my arse against Clay's Excadrill. Respect.

Fifth Gym stats:

Ani496MS.png
Jormungand lv 30

Ani564MS.png
Leonardo lv 29

Ani559MS.png
Shedz lv 28

Ani529MS.png
Simon lv 28

Ani554MS.png
Chiconahui lv 28

Ani523MS.png
Ixion lv 28

Wiseblade

Regulus Tera said:
D-Pad, your Shedz just fucking saved my arse against Clay's Excadrill. Respect.

Fifth Gym stats:

Ani496MS.png
Jormungand lv 30

Ani564MS.png
Leonardo lv 29

Ani559MS.png
Shedz lv 28

Ani529MS.png
Simon lv 28

Ani554MS.png
Chiconahui lv 28

Ani523MS.png
Ixion lv 28

Argh, I was planning to call my Excadrill that! And I hate using a nickname I know someone else is using....

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So I'm training up, checking bulbapedia now on my team, and it seems my boldore can evolved when traded!

is anyone willing to trade with me then trade back?

is that simple? I've kinda not checked it out yet or used a DS properly before..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Regulus Tera said:
Call him Kamina!
I called him that. :|
Now I'm going to have to turn to Drill Dozer for a nickname so I can be a unique butterfly.

So I thought I'd see what all the fuss about competitive Pokemon entails. Jesus there's a lot of work.

Izayoi

Banned
Good fucking god. The entire end of this game. Shit eating grin THE ENTIRE TIME.

I don't see how they'll ever top this shit.

Even the second time through it's so fucking good.

Arren

PokéGAF, I need your assistance. Provided it is still possible to trade unhatched eggs, I would love if someone with the White Version could donate me one of Solosis.

The reason I ask for an egg, and not the baby itself, is that I'm still doing the main quest and I'd rather complete the adventure with monsters that bear my OT.
Just a minor fetish of mine. :)

In return I can provide very little at the moment, but one I'll give is the equally-exclusive Gothita. Thanks in advance!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Arren said:
PokéGAF, I need your assistance. Provided it is still possible to trade unhatched eggs, I would love if someone with the White Version could donate me one of Solosis.

The reason I ask for an egg, and not the baby itself, is that I'm still doing the main quest and I'd rather complete the adventure with monsters that bear my OT.
Just a minor fetish of mine. :)

In return I can provide very little at the moment, but one I'll give is the equally-exclusive Gothita. Thanks in advance!
Well I have a spare female Solosis that you could breed if you want. Didn't even give it a nickname since some people hate those.

Arren

That would be very nice and really appreciated too. What easily obtainable species (before the 6th gym) can breed with Solosis?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Arren said:
That would be very nice and really appreciated too. What easily obtainable species (before the 6th gym) can breed with Solosis?
Yamask or Litwick it seems.

Well I'm off for breakfast so I'm already in the WiFi room. My friend code is in the Google Docs and I've already added you.

Izayoi

Banned
Okay, well, a smile on my face until
Gethis fucking sweeps my entire team with stupid fucking Hydreigon.
What the fuck.

Oh hey, I'll just-
Hydregion used Surf.

Fuck off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom