• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Green Scar said:
Why exactly is the thread dedicated to Wiseblade?

He did the Japanese thread.

HolyCheck said:
That would be most wonderful :) I'm trying to work out how to add myself to the gaf spreadsheet first lol

At the very bottom of the OP there should be a button to add yourself.

I just started the game today and I have to say, I know the developers generally drag their heels when it comes to implementing changes in the Pokemon games but these ones feel like quite a jump from SS and HG, I love the camera changes.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
kafka rock opera said:
Also to make it a little easier. my FC number is 3353 3338 1227

cheers, 1807 1605 8594 is mine added you, and got myself on the spreadsheet!

how do we go about this?

HolyCheck said:
cheers, 1807 1605 8594 is mine added you, and got myself on the spreadsheet!

how do we go about this?
Go to the middle duder in any pokecenter and connect to the wifi club inside we can trade and if you just need to evolve trade something ill trade you something then trade back!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
well it seems some ones changed my wireless to WAP or the one that the DS doesnt support ;_; and no one told me.

thanks for trying anyway kafka, i'll have to try it again another day as changing it now would wake people :(

HolyCheck said:
well it seems some ones changed my wireless to WAP or the one that the DS doesnt support ;_; and no one told me.

thanks for trying anyway kafka, i'll have to try it again another day as changing it now would wake people :(
Aiight bro no worries. :)

Gravijah

Lkr said:
Whats a good pokedex site? Serebii sucks. Where can i get that ice cream Pokemon too?

I usually use a mixture of Bulbapedia and Serebii. And you can get it at
Cold Storage in Driftveil City

Edit: Huh, music gets slower when you go down a floor in the Dreamyard. Wonder if this happens in the caves too and I never noticed...

Lkr said:
Whats a good pokedex site? Serebii sucks. Where can i get that ice cream Pokemon too?
He is rare until winter. He has a 1-5% chance of showing up on routes. Also use pokeearth not the pokedex on serebii. It's better.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
MatthewB92 said:
He is rare until winter. He has a 1-5% chance of showing up on routes. Also use pokeearth not the pokedex on serebii. It's better.
Vanillites are quite common in the cold storage area of Driftveil, no matter the season.

Red

MatthewB92 said:
The ice cream guy? He's constantly popping up around cold storage, winter or not.

Crunched said:
The ice cream guy? He's constantly popping up around cold storage, winter or not.
What.... how come he never pops up for me >:0 Now I hate him.

Edit: FFFUUUUU I'm talking about the bear lol. My bad.

Almyn

omg. Just got the 8th gym badge and am realising my team is incredibly weak to grass Pokemon.
I'm fighting Cheren on route 10 atm. His Serperior is wiping the floor with my entire team. Leaf blade is taking out pokemon in one hit most of the time, And his coil is making sure that even attacks it's weak to aren't doing the damage :( My entire team is lvl 40+
Dunno what to do now. I'm on my 5th attempt and It just isn't gonna happen. Leaf blade always seems to go first.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Almyn said:
omg. Just got the 8th gym badge and am realising my team is incredibly weak to grass Pokemon.
I'm fighting Cheren on route 10 atm. His Serperior is wiping the floor with my entire team. Leaf blade is taking out pokemon in one hit most of the time, And his coil is making sure that even attacks it's weak to aren't doing the damage :( My entire team is lvl 40+
Dunno what to do now. I'm on my 5th attempt and It just isn't gonna happen. Leaf blade always goes first.
Bianca almost crushed me the last time I fought her late in the game. Was kind of embarrassing since she's supposed to suck so much.

Chargestone cave is the first time I've wanted to murder the encounter designers. As predicted, the new Graveller (Boldore) is quite annoying because of the way sturdy now works.

HiddenWings said:
Chargestone cave is the first time I've wanted to murder the encounter designers. As predicted, the new Graveller (Boldore) is quite annoying because of the way sturdy now works.

hmm i wonder whats worse a pokemon that cant be one hit ko'd or a pokemon that occasionally explodes in your face.

Magnus

Got my Victini last night. That was some decent battle music considering the awful DS audio.

Encountered N in city 4, can't remember the name. Can't tell if it's a lousy original script, or a bad translation, but man, is this dialogue ever terrible. Can't tell what this androgynous loser's motivations are at all. Guess that's par for JRPGs.

Still having a blast. :)

Out of curiousity, what was everyone's Dex at around the time they beat the main game?

HiddenWings said:
I agree on both of those counts. The encounter rate is obviously sky-high earlier in the game but it seems somehow more ridiculous in Chargestone Cave, especially since 90% of the time it's an electric bug popping up. I'm seven badges in and it's just too much for me; now I'm just looking at Serebii to see if there are any interesting Pokes on the route I'm on and using Super Repels after I catch them. It got to the point where I didn't want to go and pick up items half a screen away because I knew I'd get attacked twice on the way there and twice on the way back.

Sturdy is really annoying when you're trying to OHKO Boldores, but it's saved my ass in two Gym Battles now. All my Pokes get knocked out except for my Sawk, who comes in on the last guy and Counters an entire life bar's worth of damage.

farnham said:
so i failed at my first shot at the pokemon league

fight, dark, ghost and psychic
is a horrible combo

I'm just doing it again and again, gaining levels slowly, right now. I can just about beat the
Dark and Ghost ones, and most of the Psychic
... I'll get there eventually :D Just keep trying. Alternatively, get some pokemon traded and benefit from the exp boost!
Might wanna spoiler the types, too.

Achtius

farnham said:
so i failed at my first shot at the pokemon league

fight, dark, ghost and psychic is a horrible combo

also go through your TM list and learn whatever attack that are effective against them!

Also use Rocky Helmet!! And buy lots and lots of potions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom