• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a max number of friend codes you can have in pokemon? I want to add everyone, but I don't want to end up capping out before I reach the Es.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
are there any good places to look at.. what are the best attacks for your pokemon?

like say I'm set on having so and so in my team at the end, these are the 4 best attacks you can get? or options of best (offensive, defensive)

Nayishiki

razgriz417 said:
Anyone free to help me evolve my Boldore as well?

FC: 3181 5433 4444

ryan do you want to try trading?

I can help you. My FC is 2322 5415 4411.

Anslon said:
Is there a max number of friend codes you can have in pokemon? I want to add everyone, but I don't want to end up capping out before I reach the Es.

You can add 32 friend codes.

survivor

Banned
HolyCheck said:
are there any good places to look at.. what are the best attacks for your pokemon?

like say I'm set on having so and so in my team at the end, these are the 4 best attacks you can get? or options of best (offensive, defensive)
Well there is Smogon but they are mostly competitive, rely on egg moves and TMs a lot. So I don't know how much help they will give you. But generally if you just use attacks with different types and ones that rely on the Pokemon's best attacking stat then you should be fine.

So I got the game and is it just me or was the first Gym leader pretty difficult? I actually had to grind for a good while before I beat him.

I picked Oshawott first btw.

Dissonance said:
So I got the game and is it just me or was the first Gym leader pretty difficult? I actually had to grind for a good while before I beat him.

Did you get your free monkey?

survivor

Banned
Dissonance said:

Did you get the monkey? He should have made the battle easier.

MatthewB92 said:
That's the reason you are giving the monkey lol.
Yeah, true. :(

Lilipup kept abusing Work Up and then OHKOed my Purloin and every other subsequent Pokemon. :lol

I'm enjoying the game very much so far though.

Teknoman

What the...it's still raining? lol it started raining in game around midnight, just turned it back on and finished a gym leader battle (no sleep mode, saved in front) and its still raining outside.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Teknoman said:
What the...it's still raining? lol it started raining in game around midnight, just turned it back on and finished a gym leader battle (no sleep mode, saved in front) and its still raining outside.
Architecture based on America, weather based on Britain.

Zzoram

Man, there is a bit of a grind. Trying to level up my lvl10 panpour before taking on the first gym leader is taking forever. The only wilds are lvl4-6 and give almost no experience.

Teknoman

Zzoram said:
Man, there is a bit of a grind. Trying to level up my lvl10 panpour before taking on the first gym leader is taking forever. The only wilds are lvl4-6 and give almost no experience.

Try looking for other trainers on the next route.

this guy

Am I late to the party on this? The names Deino, Zweilous, and Hydreigon are based on the numbers 1, 2, and 3 in German. Mind blown

Suairyu

Banned
I'm just gonna ask for the new page:

Training a new team now, what level should I get them to if I want the sixth gym to remain challenging?

Suairyu

Banned
Zzoram said:
Whenever you need to grind: Audinos. That early in the game, killing one is an instant level up. Find them in shaking grass.

The Lamp

If a third version in this series would release (Let's say, Pokemon Chrome), it would come out next year, right? With a Japanese announcement due to follow sometime this year?

I ask because I'm thinking about whether to buy Black or White, or hold out another year for possibly new features like a Safari Zone, or gym leader rematches, or Pokemon freaking FOLLOWING YOU like before.

The Lamp said:
If a third version in this series would release (Let's say, Pokemon Chrome), it would come out next year, right? With a Japanese announcement due to follow sometime this year?

I ask because I'm thinking about whether to buy Black or White, or hold out another year for possibly new features like a Safari Zone, or gym leader rematches, or Pokemon freaking FOLLOWING YOU like before.
Most likely won't come out for another 2 years or so.

Gravijah

The Lamp said:

It takes around 2 years to release a third version in Japan.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The Lamp said:

The next one, if there is one, definitely won't be out a year from now even in Japan.

Zzoram

The Lamp said:

3rd versions have taken 2 years to come out for the past few generations so that's likely to happen again

Gravijah

-fingers crossed- Here's hoping we get Pokemon ULTRA RUBY and MEGA SAPPHIRE on the 3DS before Grey.

Zzoram said:
Traditionally remakes come only AFTER the 3rd version of a gen is released.

Yeah, I know. I'm just hoping. :(

Zzoram

Gravijah said:
-fingers crossed- Here's hoping we get Pokemon ULTRA RUBY and MEGA SAPPHIRE on the 3DS before Grey.

Traditionally remakes come only AFTER the 3rd version of a gen is released.

I'd always much rather take a new game with new Pokemon than another remake or third iteration of an existing game, personally.

I hope Game Freak is concentrating on the first gen for 3DS. Preferably with a nice easy way to transfer our gen 3/4/5 Pokemon over quickly.

Gravijah

Android18a said:
I'd always much rather take a new game with new Pokemon than another remake or third iteration of an existing game, personally.

I hope Game Freak is concentrating on the first gen for 3DS. Preferably with a nice easy way to transfer our gen 3/4/5 Pokemon over quickly.

I'd like a new Pokemon mainline series every year but we gotta be realistic! :p We absolutely know for certain Grey is coming, and RS remakes are almost guaranteed.

Roto13

Android18a said:

There won't be an easy way to transfer Gen 3 Pokemon over to a 3DS game. It's kind of impossible, unless there's a Virtual Console version that they tinker with. :p

Gravijah said:
I'd like a new Pokemon mainline series every year but we gotta be realistic! :p We absolutely know for certain Grey is coming, and RS remakes are almost guaranteed.
Much needed remake IMO. Emerald did a lot of good things to improve the 3rd gen but a remake would make that gen seem soooo much better.

Zzoram

Roto13 said:
There won't be an easy way to transfer Gen 3 Pokemon over to a 3DS game. It's kind of impossible, unless there's a Virtual Console version that they tinker with. :p

So we should aim to fill out our Pokedex in B/W so we can more easily move from B/W to a 3DS game.

I used pretty much every Max Revive I had in that final fight, but I just about scraped through with one Pokemon alive at a time, reviving whichever was needed to defeat the next foe. It was tough but I did it. ^^ Couldn't do it again without finding a bunch of Max Revives though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom