• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Gravijah said:
-uses super repel-

-runs into grass-

-Pokemon appears, to normal music-

I am confused. :(

I think it only works on only those that are lower level than your lead.
And you still encounter shaking grass pokemon

Gravijah

Achtius said:
I think it only works on only those that are lower level than your lead.
And you still encounter shaking grass pokemon

Well, that would make sense. Of course it makes super repels useless in the area I'm in. :(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ten hours *twitches*

Its sitting here next to me...unopened....but I won't open yet. I will save that pleasure for when I have a working DS in my hands.

The_Technomancer said:
Ten hours *twitches*

Its sitting here next to me...unopened....but I won't open yet. I will save that pleasure for when I have a working DS in my hands.
70 hours :D
Zzoram said:
Why Bold? Bold has lower attack higher defense, when is that ever a good idea?

Milotic

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
MatthewB92 said:
Look at it GAF! Just....look at it!
313mc.jpg

So pristine...begging to be opened....*sobs*

RagnarokX

farnham said:
finally beat the main game. i got zekrom with the master ball was that a mistake ?
Catching anything with the master ball is a mistake! Regular pokeballs ftw! But if you are going to use a master ball on anything it should be on a roaming pokemon since those can run away from battle and can be a pain.

The_Technomancer said:
Look at it GAF! Just....look at it!
http://i.imgur.com/313mc.jpg[/IMG]

So pristine...begging to be opened....*sobs*
Thought you were talking about hours played before lol.
Anyways I'll open it for you :D

How do they expect me to get a Thundurus in Black version? I've never seen one, so I can't search the GTS to trade for one. Grrrrr.

Thundurus and Landorus are the only two Pokemon left for me to catch. (Excluding the 3 unavailable event Pokemon.) I love the new transfer method for the old games' Pokemon. It made getting the first 493 already assembled on Diamond a breeze to move.

Roto13

farnham said:
finally beat the main game. i got zekrom with the master ball was that a mistake ?
I'm not sure where you fight Zekrom because I'm not quite there yet, but if it's a cave, you should have like a 50% chance of catching him with a Dusk Ball at full health. His catch rate is fortysomething, which is the same as Palkia and Dialga from Pearl and Diamon. :p Other legendaries have a catch rate of only 3.

Gravijah

ryan-ts said:
Still not working for me, might as well forget about it Gravijah. I need to figure this shit out.

There is another way, we could use the GTS.

slaughterking said:
Or Gravijah trades your Pokemon with me and I try to give it to you.
Yes, I'm bored. :p

This also works. Whichever way is up to you.

Roto13

UltimateIke said:
How do they expect me to get a Thundurus in Black version? I've never seen one, so I can't search the GTS to trade for one. Grrrrr.

Thundurus and Landorus are the only two Pokemon left for me to catch. (Excluding the 3 unavailable event Pokemon.) I love the new transfer method for the old games' Pokemon. It made getting the first 493 already assembled on Diamond a breeze to move.
I'm wondering the same thing. In Diamond/Pearl, you could see a picture of the legendary you were missing so you could trade for it on the GTS. I have a few spare legendaries I'd probably be able to trade for it. I figure I'm going to have to borrow one from someone.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Sigh, so I found milstratan cove before, then went to get the flash TM and now I can't remember how to get back there :( any advice?

I'm sitting on route 6 wandering about!

Gravijah

HolyCheck said:
Sigh, so I found milstratan cove before, then went to get the flash TM and now I can't remember how to get back there :( any advice?

You see those stones in the water? You can get around them from the top, IIRC.

ryan-ts said:
Fine with me.

MEET ME IN THE CLUB SLAUGHTERKING, IT'S GOING DOWN!

ryan-ts

slaughterking said:
Or Gravijah trades your Pokemon with me and I try to give it to you.
Yes, I'm bored. :p
Fine with me.

I'm going to try Soul Silver to see if there are any issues when trading in that game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HolyCheck said:

Route 6. Get to the house of scientists and surf along the river north of them eastwards.

Suairyu

Banned
Pikachu and Pichu (Pikachu movie from the third film) is surprisingly high-quality animation. Like, much better than the movies themselves and stupidly better than the series. I recommend everyone digging out/borrowing a copy if they can.

re: a new Pokémon every year - seriously? Would that not be total overkill? Also, from the point of view of Nintendo, their biggest fans are kids and a lot probably couldn't afford to keep up with that.

re: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes - yes please! Reading about it, I feel like I missed out by not being a part of that generation. It seems to be held in higher regard than Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I also read it overall had the best soundtrack of the series, but that was just someone's opinion so who knows.

Mr. Sam

More E4 stuff:
Thanks for the advice. Just needed to talk to the Team Plasma guy. Ghetsis was a pushover once I reordered my team.

Zzoram

OMG Why won't a Female Munna show up in Dreamyard? I've been trying for an hour and only seen 3 males. Supposedly gender split is 50/50.

Gravijah

HolyCheck said:
*clap*

why the fuck didn't i see that
thanks man

It's easy not to notice, haha. I didn't at first.

Suairyu said:
re: a new Pokémon every year - seriously? Would that not be total overkill? Also, from the point of view of Nintendo, their biggest fans are kids and a lot probably couldn't afford to keep up with that.

I was kidding. :p

RoboShmup

Banned
Beat the game and was about to start on my breeding escapade. Of course, the power brace and all the other power items cost BP in the Battle Subway, which I despise so far. I almost have enough for one of them but it's such a chore getting BP. I wish I could trade over items from 4th gen :(

Cherubae

I just have general questions to all you Pokemon masters. I just started, finished the first Gym, and got the C-Gear and Pal Pad.

The FC is associated with the DS console, so I am guessing in 2 weeks when the 3DS is out, everyone who switches to the new console will have to get a new FC, correct?

Does the C-Gear pick up Friend Codes from the random people you might walk by? If for example you used the Friend Code option in the C-Gear's IR and went walking around, could you possibly exchange codes, unprompted, with another who has done the same?

Suairyu said:
re: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes - yes please! Reading about it, I feel like I missed out by not being a part of that generation. It seems to be held in higher regard than Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I also read it overall had the best soundtrack of the series, but that was just someone's opinion so who knows.
R/S/E are the weakest when it comes to overall enjoyment IMO. It added a lot of great things but when you compared it to something like G/S/C it just seemed like a downgrade in some parts.

Gravijah

slaughterking said:
Or you there? I don't think I see you. :I

/edit/ That was my code btw: 5114 2635 5085

Rejoined, now I see you.
Cherubae said:
The FC is associated with the DS console, so I am guessing in 2 weeks when the 3DS is out, everyone who switches to the new console will have to get a new FC, correct?

You can transfer the settings over to other DSes, 3DS includded

So I've sent over a bunch of Pokémon and now have 287 in the dex. However, now I want to focus on finishing the Unova Pokédex first since I can't organize my boxes yet.

Suairyu

Banned
MatthewB92 said:
R/S/E are the weakest when it comes to overall enjoyment IMO. It added a lot of great things but when you compared it to something like G/S/C it just seemed like a downgrade in some parts.
Somewhere on the internet, someone is ready to cut you for that remark. To be honest, I've heard both sides of the opinion coin regarding R/S/E.

But then, a remake would keep whatever made it good whilst updating whatever made it bad, in theory.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
PumpkinPie said:
How far along in the game do you have to be to get this liberty pass Pokemon?

its only like after the 2/ 3 badge i reckon

also thanks heaps guys, just caught an Axew he will go nicely into my team :)

RoboShmup

Banned
Jeez, I put two Shellder in the daycare and before I could even walk away the daycare man called me over. Fastest baby making ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom