• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lamp

MatthewB92 said:
R/S/E are the weakest when it comes to overall enjoyment IMO. It added a lot of great things but when you compared it to something like G/S/C it just seemed like a downgrade in some parts.

I'm the opposite. I found R/S/E an overwhelming improvement in the series. While G/S/C was longer and had two regions and did have day/night, I feel like everything else in R/S/E (berries, natures, contests, new Pokemon designs, evolution differences, the plot (which I thought was fantastic), double-battles, secret bases, introduction of Battle Frontier, TMs used like HMs, variety in environment/region, new NPC interactions like newscasters, secret areas like Mirage Island and the abandoned ship, new ways to catch Pokemon like diving underwater, and the new Gym Leaders like YOUR FATHER, the twins, etc.) felt really fresh and I loved it. Some of my favorite Pokemon designs (like Milotic, Salamence, Jirachi, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Gardevoir, Swampert, Blaziken, Absol, Duskull, Gorbyss) are in R/S/E too.

To each their own.

In fact, this makes me want to track down Emerald (which I never owned)...

PumpkinPie said:
How far along in the game do you have to be to get this liberty pass Pokemon?
You can get it right away. Just go to the mystery gift option on the main menu. You pick it up at any pokemon center but have to wait to use it.

Suairyu said:
Somewhere on the internet, someone is ready to cut you for that remark. To be honest, I've heard both sides of the opinion coin regarding R/S/E.

But then, a remake would keep whatever made it good whilst updating whatever made it bad, in theory.
lol I know but I believe that a remake will make it the third best pokemon game. Or second.

Gravijah

OK ryan, on the GTS you're gonna have to put up a trade looking for a level 48 female Gigalith from USA. You'll have to tell me the specifics of the Pokemon you put up. Oh and your trainer name.

ryan-ts said:
Yeah, not sure what happened going from SS/HG to B/W. I was trading easy with people day 1 with SS and Black is being a bitch.

BTW I just tried my connection with SS and it was working perfectly.

I think the servers are getting hammered or something... Especially with how the game sold.

ryan-ts

slaughterking said:
Yeah, the Wifi club isn't working great. I don't wanna be left with someone elses Pokemon. You can keep it. :p

Yeah, not sure what happened going from SS/HG to B/W. I was trading easy with people day 1 with SS and Black is being a bitch.

BTW I just tried my connection with SS and it was working perfectly.

Zzoram said:
What is Game Sync? Fennel makes it sound like some kind of Cloud Storage of save files.
For this site.
http://www.pokemon-gl.com/pre/en.html

The Lamp said:
I'm the opposite. I found R/S/E an overwhelming improvement in the series. While G/S/C was longer and had two regions and did have day/night, I feel like everything else in R/S/E (berries, natures, contests, new Pokemon designs, evolution differences, the plot (which I thought was fantastic), double-battles, secret bases, introduction of Battle Frontier, TMs used like HMs, variety in environment/region, new NPC interactions like newscasters, secret areas like Mirage Island and the abandoned ship, new ways to catch Pokemon like diving underwater, and the new Gym Leaders like YOUR FATHER, the twins, etc.) felt really fresh and I loved it. Some of my favorite Pokemon designs (like Milotic, Salamence, Jirachi, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon, Gardevoir, Swampert, Blaziken, Absol, Duskull, Gorbyss) are in R/S/E too.

To each their own.

In fact, this makes me want to track down Emerald (which I never owned)...
See some of those things are nice and add alot. Improving the berries, double battles, natures and the secret bases were nice but most of the other things I didn't care bout that much. Though this is just my opinion and R/S/E will be most debated pokemon game out there. Though I want to make it clear I really enjoyed 3rd gen so don't kill me :p

D-Pad

My sister is home on spring break now and started playing my Black copy yesterday. She chose Tepig, which surprised me because I was almost positive she was going to go with Oshawott. She's gonna find a lot of cool little surprises, even though her last Pokemon game was just SoulSilver. So many cool changes she'll love, and I'll be looming over her shoulder every step of the way.

I had to order a spare AC adapter from Nintendo, as we lost the second one. 15 fucking dollars after shipping and handling. Tried Amazon the first time and got sent this crappy little thing. It works, but the cord it like, 3 feet long, and it never stays locked in the Phat's charge slot. I might have to give in and order a couple of replacement batteries as well before I pass down my phats.

Emitan

Had a dream I ran into a shiny version of some super rare Pokemon and it ran away and then I woke up. This game is getting to me in the way games haven't since playing Red version in my childhood.

Gravijah

Billychu said:
Had a dream I ran into a shiny version of some super rare Pokemon and it ran away and then I woke up. This game is getting to me in the way games haven't since playing Red version in my childhood.

Last night, the MGS3 ending theme somehow made it's way into my dream. Don't ask.

Roto13

Dear Terrakion,

You owe me 60,000 Pokemon Funbucks for all of the Dusk and Timer Balls I had to throw at you to catch you.

Suck my balls,
Roto13

(At least I managed to catch the whole trio before the E4.)

Gravijah

ryan-ts said:
@ Gravijah - Alright Zaza is my trainer name, trading for a female Basculin which is level 5.

Where are you located? So I can narrow down the search, can't seem to find you with these.

zychi

Banned
So I just beat the main storyline in White and the credits are rolling, are there any more adventures or side quests besides catching all the pokemon and filling the pokedex?

Teknoman

Nice that we can transfer info over to other systems.

Oh and there is a new type of evo stone? Shiny Stone?

zychi said:
So I just beat the main storyline in White and the credits are rolling, are there any more adventures or side quests besides catching all the pokemon and filling the pokedex?

Lots apparently.

"Familiar" champions
, Sages, and more.

Delio

zychi said:

Yup you do still have a whole half of the map to explore.

survivor

Banned
I was just looking through random dex entries and found out about Ferrothorn. This thing is a beast. When I was capturing Ferroseed I thought it was a joke Pokemon but boy was I wrong. Time to add him to my team.

ryan-ts

Gravijah said:
Argh, can't seem to get yours to pop up. Hmm. You already put it on the GTS, right?
Do I have to be connected to receive the trade because it's still taking me offline every minute or so.

Which option of the GTS do I want to go to? I went to the GTS option and put Basculin in there. Also went to gts negotiations and went to rendezvous and your name popped up.

Gravijah

ryan-ts said:
Do I have to be connected to receive the trade because it's still taking me offline every minute or so.

Which option of the GTS do I want to go to? I went to the GTS option and put Basculin in there. Also went to gts negotiations and went to rendezvous and your name popped up.

Did it? Hm. Try going to Rendezvous, cause I'm seeking you there right now.

Teknoman

Meier said:
Can anyone explain the Game Synch option to me? Is this going to affect my playing it on the 3DS once it's out?

It shouldnt since I think it only assigns a specific ID to the game itself. We'll probably get a ton of info once it opens on the 30th.

kiryani

Which is the fastest way to encounter a ditto in the white version?

I'm desperate for a ditto so I can progress in my breedathon before I go any further through the game, and I cant get one on the GTS till I've seen one :(

Achtius

kiryani said:

I'm desperate for a ditto so I can progress in my breedathon before I go any further through the game, and I cant get one on the GTS till I've seen one :(

After you beat elite 4

Tonadus you devil! I made it go into red health with one hit of Shadow Ball from my Zoroark, but then it fled. I haven't been able to find it despite reading the billboards.

Gravijah

kiryani said:

You should be able to have someone around here trade you one, but the problem is trading is kind of wonky right now.

ryan-ts

Can't even get into the GTS now, might as well put Gigalith in your Pokemon Box Gravijah and play the game. I cannot get this thing to work.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh and there is a new type of evo stone? Shiny Stone?
No, it was in Diamond and Pearl...you used it to evolve Roselia and Togetic, I believe.

One thing I LOVE though is how they gave all the Stones new evolutions - Fire, Water, Thunder, Leaf, Moon, Sun, Dusk, and Shiny - which is great, as opposed to creating new methods. Did you know Eelectric is the first Pokemon to evolve via Thunder Stone since Jolteon? I also like how they brought back the classic trade evolution method with Gurdurr and Boldore, which fits since Machoke and Graveler evolved that way.

I was kind of disappointed there were no split evolutions though...a new "Physical" Eevee-type Pokemon would've been amazing.

ryan-ts

Gravijah said:
Sorry man. :( We'll have to try again later.
No big deal, you were nice enough to trade with me in the first place and you stuck around to try get the trade finished. One day we will complete the trade.

Murkas

Beat the 2nd Gym leader and got the skull back. It feels to me that the level scaling is just right. In previous gens my starter pokemon was usualy much stronger than anything the game threw at me till the E4 where as here it's quite even.

I bought the limited edition Pokemon White DSi and was wondering what are the DSi features this game uses. I know you can use video chat in game, anything else?

Great game, transfering my Pearl/HeartGold team is going to be fun...

Gravijah

Gillian Seed said:
My copy of White just showed up. If i go online with it on my DS Lite, i can continue going online with this same cart on my 3DS right?

You can transfer the WiFi settings to the 3DS, so yes.

Suairyu

Banned
Murkas said:
Beat the 2nd Gym leader and got the skull back. It feels to me that the level scaling is just right. In previous gens my starter pokemon was usualy much stronger than anything the game threw at me till the E4 where as here it's quite even.
Unfortunately, if you're the OCD "catch every Pokémon possible in each area before moving on type", your team gets ridiculously overlevelled very soon. Red/Blue encouraged you to stick around and catch everything if you wanted to be levelled right for the gym leader. I appreciate that level of streamlining probably suits most players, but for those wanting to catch them all(tm) it's a bit frustrating.

I bought the limited edition Pokemon White DSi and was wondering what are the DSi features this game uses. I know you can use video chat in game, anything else?
Video chat and WPA (the one that provides actual protection) wireless security compatibility.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Murkas said:

Great game, transfering my Pearl/HeartGold team is going to be fun...

feeling that too murkas, feels like I need to have a nice even team rather than just power forward with one pokemon

Andrefpvs

Seriously guys, spoiler some of the shit you're posting on this page.

Why would you write in plain sight that we can battle
familiar champions
after beating the game? That's like saying you can battle
Red
at the end of Gold/Silver back in 2000 to someone who didn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom