• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

Andrefpvs said:
Seriously guys, spoiler some of the shit you're posting on this page.

Why would you write in plain sight that we can battle
familiar champions
after beating the game? That's like saying you can battle
Red
at the end of Gold/Silver back in 2000 to someone who didn't know.

kjbss.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Andrefpvs said:

familiar champions
Red

Holy shit!

(I never played gold / silver)

thats fucking awesome :O

So I decided to start breeding the starters to trade for some of the later pokemon (really want an axew and rufflet). I put this male snivy and female tepig that were from japan together, and I'm getting eggs every 30 seconds or so 0.o

edit: Also if anyone wants tepigs, ill have a bunch in a few minutes...

Suairyu

Banned
Andrefpvs said:

familiar champions
Red
More annoying is when
people use a spoiler tag without indicating what topic it will be spoiling, or if even it is not a spoiler at all and just a joke
and then you fight Mew.

Andrefpvs

HolyCheck said:
Holy shit!

(I never played gold / silver)

thats fucking awesome :O

Yeah, it sure blew my young mind at the time.

Anyway, can anyone who's caught the cover legendary tell me, without spoiling anything (a single Yes/No answer should suffice) if you have a chance to
access your box to make changes to your team relatively soon before battling Zekrom/Reshiram, or if you're stuck with a certain team for a significant amount of time?

Because I'm trying to catch it with a good nature and would like to take a low level good-natured Munna with Synchronize with me, but I'm not sure if [I'm going to need a full team before that. Thanks :)

Suairyu said:
More annoying is when
people use a spoiler tag without indicating what topic it will be spoiling, or if even it is not a spoiler at all and just a joke
and then you fight Mew.

rofl, ok that one got me!

Andrefpvs said:

Anyway, can anyone who's caught the cover legendary tell me, without spoiling anything (a single Yes/No answer should suffice) if you have a chance to
access your box to make changes to your team relatively soon before battling Zekrom/Reshiram, or if you're stuck with a certain team for a significant amount of time?

Because I'm trying to catch it with a good nature and would like to take a low level good-natured Munna with Synchronize with me, but I'm not sure if [I'm going to need a full team before that. Thanks :)

You can.

D-Pad

Andrefpvs said:

Before, not after.

Suairyu

Banned
Nitpick:
the zoom on the world map doesn't reveal any more information, it just blows up the low-resolution JPEG.

Extremely lazy, GameFreak. That would have been less than five minutes to implement properly - you would already have had the high resolution version from drawing the damn thing before you scaled it down to DS resolution.

Woffls

farnham said:
finally beat the main game. i got zekrom with the master ball was that a mistake ?
I caught it with 2 Pokéballs. Sorry bro!

92 hours so far. Pokédex is at 249, and Unova Dex is at 147 seen and 81 obtained. I've just found out that one of the entries I'm missing is Volcarona, which requires you to level Larvesta to lvl 59 o_O That's higher than any of the Pokémon on my team :(

D-Pad

Suairyu said:
Nitpick:
the zoom on the world map doesn't reveal any more information, it just blows up the low-resolution JPEG.

Extremely lazy, GameFreak. That would have been less than five minutes to implement properly - you would already have had the high resolution version from drawing the damn thing before you scaled it down to DS resolution.

I hate trying to line up the cursor with the towns. It's like, it snaps, but it doesn't.

That came out wrong. It snaps, but if the cursor's not fully within another area, it'll snap back to the previous area.

Emitan

Suairyu said:
Nitpick:

What happened to at least providing basic maps of towns? The Town Map seems worthless.

Roto13

Can you even trade for those before beating the Elite 4?

EDIT: Remember that you won't be able to get Victini any more after the Mystery Gift event is over next month.

Andrefpvs

DragonKnight said:
I just caught this victini thing here and I am willing to trade it away for a hatched tynamo and a dratini

Yeah man, don't do it.

I'm still a ways from finishing the main story and catching a Ditto so I can't breed you a Tynamo, but I'm sure people here can help you.

You only get one Victini a game, so keep it!

Gravijah

DragonKnight said:
I just caught this victini thing here and I am willing to trade it away for a hatched tynamo and a dratini

Keep the Victini, you can only get one. If you really want those guys, I could always transfer 'em into my game.

Balb

Billychu said:
What happened to at least providing basic maps of towns? The Town Map seems worthless.

I wish you could set the town map to the bottom screen (maybe you can and I just haven't found it). It'd be way more useful than that terrible, battery killing c-gear.

Andrefpvs said:
Yeah man, don't do it.

I'm still a ways from catching a Ditto so I can't breed you one, but I'm sure people here can help you.

You only get one Victini a game, so keep it!

I only keep the pokemon that I will use competitively and I'm not interested in keeping legendaries as trophies.

ryan-ts

Hey Gravijah, I just got in and checked the GTS (miracle I got in there) and Basculin (lvl 5 female) is still there. I forgot to mention your the Original Trainer so does that change anything?

Gravijah

ryan-ts said:
Hey Gravijah, I just got in and checked the GTS (miracle I got in there) and Basculin (lvl 5 female) is still there. I forgot to mention your the Original Trainer so does that change anything?
It shouldn't. I can go check in a sec to see if maybe this time I can find you.

Edit: Argh, still nothing. Could you try adding your location to the big globe if you haven't yet, and re-adding Basculin to the GTS?

Finally got my copy. As always I got the Fire type starter despite initially thinking I'd prefer one of the others. It seems harder to raise a team of 6 this time due to the changed XP system.

Zzoram

The new EXP system seems to make it really hard to overlevel.

Encounter rate is insane though, it's getting annoying but I can't use Repel because I can't miss catching any Pokemon.

Are Throh and Tempole hard to find? I've only spotted them once and knocked them out.

Roto13

Obsessed said:
Finally got my copy. As always I got the Fire type starter despite initially thinking I'd prefer one of the others. It seems harder to raise a team of 6 this time due to the changed XP system.
If anything, it's easier because of the changed XP system.

Suairyu

Banned
FUCK YES

First time the musical performance of my Pokémon has been complimented as having "abundant expression just like a real actor". I'm getting good at this fruity little minigame.

blamite

Suairyu said:
FUCK YES

First time the musical performance of my Pokémon has been complimented as having "abundant expression just like a real actor". I'm getting good at this fruity little minigame.
I've only tried the musical once, and I didn't do that good, so I might be missing something, but what exactly is the purpose of it? Do you get items for doing well, or something?

Morokh

Just finished the story and the presentation of E4 and after is just .. wow ! :D

Did some grinding because I found out Litwick learned Pain Split at level 55, so I went to catch another one, and by the time I got to level 55 with it my team looked like this :

497.png

Lvl 49

503.png

Lvl 50

534.png

Lvl 50

553.png

Lvl 50

628.png

Lvl 54

609.png

Lvl 55

With this, I just rolled over E4 and N,
I just had some trouble with Getthi and his Hydreigon

39H00 playtime exactly :D

Can anyone help me evolve my Karrablast and Shelmet? I'm using the Karrablast in my party and I want to evolve it before it reaches level 37 (since STAB Iron Head > Take Down).

FC is 4598 8769 8112 (#32 on the GoogleDoc list).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
blamite said:
I've only tried the musical once, and I didn't do that good, so I might be missing something, but what exactly is the purpose of it? Do you get items for doing well, or something?
Yes. I got two items from one performance earlier today. Lilligant, both a kick ass fighter and musical performer.

Boogiepop

Just did the
Elite Four Rematch
and wow was that intense. Level 90-93 Samurott (leveled up throughout) and they still put up a decent fight.

survivor

Banned
Billychu said:
It's a pushover that gives massive amounts of EXP.
Does it matter if I'm a higher level than Audino? I'm looking at the locations list and I'm at Route 7 but I'm higher than whatever level Audino will appear at.

Calidor

Reticent Rhino said:
Can anyone help me evolve my Karrablast and Shelmet? I'm using the Karrablast in my party and I want to evolve it before it reaches level 37 (since STAB Iron Head > Take Down).

I need to evolve my Gurdurr. here is my FC 5457 8668 7814

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Reticent Rhino said:

I can help. FC is in the Docs.

Emitan

survivor said:
Does it matter if I'm a higher level than Audino? I'm looking at the locations list and I'm at Route 7 but I'm higher than whatever level Audino will appear at.
Nope. It's still going to give you way more experience than anything else on it's route and so far it's appeared on every route with grass for me (4 badges in).

survivor

Banned
Billychu said:
Nope. It's still going to give you way more experience than anything else on it's route and so far it's appeared on every route with grass for me (4 badges in).
Alright then time for some grinding for Solosis.

Balb

The transfer minigame you play when you want to import Gen 4 Pokemon is pretty fun, except for the fact that it's freaking timed. That kills it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom