• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravidrath said:
From the Icirrus side?

I've been here like 30 already... nothing but Boldores and the occasional Cubchoo or Gurdurr.
You shouldn't go that deep in the cave really just stay one the first floor and you should find one.

Suairyu

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
lies nothing can be easier than a gym filled with pure ice types, i had to add artificial challenge and it still was easy.
Haven't got that far yet. I'm just saying I'm amazed how many people struggle with the fourth when (strategy spoiler)
the game lets you catch a Pokémon IMMUNE (not resistant to, immune) to electric attacks on Route 3. Not only immune, every electric attack sent its way either boosts its special attack or speed depending on which ability it has, OH AND ALSO IT HAS FLAME CHARGE so it can do actual damage to the electric Pokémon.

Ravidrath

MatthewB92 said:
You shouldn't go that deep in the cave really just stay one the first floor and you should find one.

OK, I'll enter from the other side.

Went in the Icirrus side just 'cause I was already in that town.

farnham

Banned
Vect said:
Why do I have this fondness for Munna? Never ever considered it to be on my team, but now it is, and it's not even that strong.
i hear you

i used munna (or rather musharna) for the endgame and its a really meh pokemon

i try to find dream eater for it now. maybe its at least half decent then.

If in Grey, they bring back trainer rematches, Youngster Joey needs a lv. 70 Rattata in his postgame team. THEY MUST DO THIS.

Current progress: thinking of catching a
Ditto
in
Giant Chasm
, so I can get to breeding for many little Tepig.

survivor said:
Any good soul out there willing to help me evolve Boldore? I'm last on the FC list.
I'll go for it. My FC is on the list as well.

Dartastic

Suairyu said:
Haven't got that far yet. I'm just saying I'm amazed how many people struggle with the fourth when (strategy spoiler)
the game lets you catch a Pokémon IMMUNE (not resistant to, immune) to electric attacks on Route 3. Not only immune, every electric attack sent its way either boosts its special attack or speed depending on which ability it has, OH AND ALSO IT HAS FLAME CHARGE so it can do actual damage to the electric Pokémon.
Which Pokemon was that? I must have missed that shit. o.o

Suairyu

Banned
The more I play this game, the more I'm noticing very slight frame slowdowns in areas like Nimbasa city. They last just a second as you blitz around on a bike.

Not that I care. Jus' saying.
Dartastic said:
Which Pokemon was that? I must have missed that shit. o.o
I can guarantee you didn't miss it.
Blitzle.

survivor

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
If in Grey, they bring back trainer rematches, Youngster Joey needs a lv. 70 Rattata in his postgame team. THEY MUST DO THIS.

Current progress: thinking of catching a
Ditto
in
Giant Chasm
, so I can get to breeding for many little Tepig.

I'll go for it. My FC is on the list as well.
I'm trying to add your FC but it's saying it's wrong.

Gravijah

DoomXploder7 said:
i'm a fool battling Cynthia with pokemon 15 levels under but i really wanted to hear that music

Is it the same as the
DPPt version? Does it have the awesome introductory music?

DoomXploder7 said:
i'm a fool battling Cynthia with pokemon 15 levels under but i really wanted to hear that music
It sucks you can only battle her daily in the spring. :( We have to wait 2 more months.

Gravijah said:
Is it the same as the
Yes :D

Dartastic

Suairyu said:
The more I play this game, the more I'm noticing very slight frame slowdowns in areas like Nimbasa city. They last just a second as you blitz around on a bike.

Not that I care. Jus' saying.
I can guarantee you didn't miss it.
Blitzle.
Now I'm just irritated at myself. Thats the only Pokemon I DIDNT catch back there. Whatever, 4 is down. I need to prepare for gym leader 5 now...

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
Throh - #538 (Careful)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 31
Def: 23 - 26
SpA: 10 - 13
SpD: 31
Speed: 26 - 29

Yeah, not letting that sit in a box.
Noice.

Have you thought about running something like:

Throh @ Leftovers
- Toxic
- Payback
- Substitue
- Circle Throw

You come in, create a really bulky sub and spread Toxic across the opposing party. If they try to switch in a counter or set up on you, then Circle throw them back out. Payback hit those pesky Ghosts for Super Effective. The sub protects you from status and gives you a chance to CT anything that really threatens you and you get to make another one when they try to switch back in.

As you can probably tell, I just thought this up in the last five minutes. ¬.¬

Gravijah said:
Is it the same as the

yes its the DPPt version and when i first walked into her house the introductory music played not sure if it will be the same for later visits

also does anyone know if you can purchase bitter herb or what ever it was called that functioned like max revive?

blamite

Suairyu said:
My Blitzle's terrible. super low defense, so any time it got hit with Aerial Ace, it was an OHKO. And I didn't like it enough to raise a second, better one. >.>

survivor

Banned
Alright thank you ColtraineGF for the trade. These new trade menus took me a while to absorb so I was just getting used to them.

Teknoman

Suairyu said:
O SHIT JUST REMEMBERED

It's the weekend.

Everyone hop on a train to Anville Town!

edit - haha, trainspotters!

Thanks for the heads up.

farnham said:
where is anville town ?

Jump on a train from Nimbasa. Its not really a main city, so its a small spot on the map.

Raxus said:
Thanks game for springing the
champion from the last game on me with her level 75 pokemon
I was completely freaking out because
her piano music was playing and I was like I CAN'T BATTLE YOU NOW FFFUUU-.
Luckily, I said 'no', so I got out of that one *phew*

Andrefpvs

dangerbyrnes said:
ok, who at gamefreak decided to give audinos attract? why is there no attract healer? love should be considered a status effect, considering it's the most infuriating one.

If anything that's a life lesson. There's no cure for true love! Gamefreak are visionaries! That has to be it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ive been a bit busy this week,( my grandfather died on the 6th. fucked up day) and havent had much time to put into black, but ive enjoyed the amount ive played. after catching all the elemental monkeys, ive come to the conclusion that the grass one is the best, and scraggy is an absolute beast. i have to hold back from letting him level up(especially with moxie. what a skill!) one question i have though, zebrstrika is my first electric type, and while im happy with him, i just acquired a joltik. should i trade up, or should i keep him in my lineup?

Suairyu

Banned
Item trades in Anville Town!

2 escape ropes ($1100) for 1 Revive ($1500)
Profit to you - $400

1 Star Piece for 1 PP Up
(They are both worth the same amount, so your call)

20 pokéballs ($4000) for 1 Full Restore ($3000)
Bad deal! Negative profit

I wonder if the available deals change every weekend?

Izayoi

Banned
Man, listening to the final
N battle
theme again and it's just so good. The whole end of the game sounds like something ripped out of Final Fantasy or Golden Sun. I fucking love it.

ALSO.

For trade:

Solosis for Gothita.
Rufflet for Vullaby.

Need:

Snivy for Oshawott.
Tepig for Oshawott.

TheOGB

Banned
Izayoi said:
For trade:

Solosis for Gothita.
I'll trade you in just a second.

coldflame23, I don't know if that was on your end or mine, but I'll just go back and not touch anything this time. :p

EDIT: Guess it was me. Looks like my internet just crapped itself for a second there

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
I can hook you up with both, unless you're looking for females.
That would be fucking awesome. Do you need Oshawott? I'll have to breed him first.

TheOGB said:
I'll trade you in just a second.

coldflame23, I don't know if that was on your end or mine, but I'll just go back and not touch anything this thime. :p
I'm on White version in the Google Docs list.

btkadams

Billychu said:
Found a PP Up in a trash can. Now I have to check every one...
i check every trashcan and i think that's the only one that's had anything in it (at least where I am so far - 7 badges).

Suairyu

Banned
ffffuuuu you can make item trades multiple times in Anville Town. MAXIMUM PROFIT.

edit - Scored my first ultra ball in a trash can on the island you catch Victini on. Useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom