• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wow.

Apparently Cofagrigus can't be placed on the GTS unless it's nicknamed, due to the fact it has a censored word in its name.

I hear "pine" is apparently on the list as well (???), so I wonder if this goes for Pineco as well?

Ravidrath

Roto13 said:
You do need the badges, but it never tells you that. You get the HMs after you get the badges required to use them.

Was wondering about that.

What about EV boosts? They used to always say "improves the Speed of your Pokemon," but I guess they got rid of that, as well? Or is it just hidden?

Izayoi

Banned
Delio said:
I have two Vullaby eggs if anyone wants them. The Daddy was a Fearow with Roost so the babies should have it.
This guy would like one. White version.

You need anything in return or is a derp fine?

Roto13

Ravidrath said:

What about EV boosts? They used to always say "improves the Speed of your Pokemon," but I guess they got rid of that, as well? Or is it just hidden?
Man, I forgot they ever did that. I don't think they've done that since the GB games.

Gravijah

Ravidrath said:

The badges increasing stats was removed in RSE or DPPt I think, but the HGSS remake had them which was weird.

Ravidrath

Gravijah said:
The badges increasing stats was removed in RSE or DPPt I think, but the HGSS remake had them which was weird.

OK, I thought I remembered it still being around, and I guess that's because I just played HG/SS. :p

Roto13

Billychu said:
This made my life 100x easier.
Actually, after I got the dowsing machine, I checked a garbage can for an item and forgot to turn the dowsing machine on so I wasn't sure if it would show up on it. Then I checked every damn garbage can manually until my dowsing machine picked up the next hidden garbage can item, like 20 hours later. :p Then I never found anything else in a garbage can.

SlickVic

Ravidrath said:
The C-Gear is a weird thing, in general.

I wish they had taken the Poketch concept and merged it with the C-Gear, because right now the C-Gear feels like a big step backwards.

In general, Gamefreak seems to have typically Japanese code-sharing/redoing problems.

For example, there are overworld sprites for every Pokemon in the game, yet they didn't keep the following from HG/SS.

There isn't a smooth progression of new features... every generation sacrifices something from the previous remake or whatever because they just seem... disorganized?

Yeah, sure seems that way. Wouldn't be surprised though if they bring back Pokemon overworld sprites for their next gen or even Gray.

So excited that I got it! I have no idea what's up with the dream world stuff though--is that explained in game? I've been on blackout from that stuff.

TheOGB

Banned
FINALLY

Watch Da Birdie said:
Wow.

Apparently Cofagrigus can't be placed on the GTS unless it's nicknamed, due to the fact it has a censored word in its name.

I hear "pine" is apparently on the list as well (???), so I wonder if this goes for Pineco as well?
Bwahahahahaha

Ondore

storafötter said:
I don't get some of the exclusive pokemon stuff, I still got a Petilil in Black. What an amazing pokemon! So I am guessing some pokemons are in both games, just not available wild.

Yeah, there's an ingame trade for the other version's Grass-type. And it comes with the highest possible Special Attack.

blamite

Watch Da Birdie said:
Wow.

:lol :lol :lol
I always thought that name was a little strange for Nintendo.

Roto13

Etrian Oddity said:
So excited that I got it! I have no idea what's up with the dream world stuff though--is that explained in game? I've been on blackout from that stuff.
It's kind of explained but I don't really understand it. It won't be available until the 30th anyway.

Ravidrath

SlickVic said:
Yeah, sure seems that way. Wouldn't be surprised though if they bring back Pokemon overworld sprites for their next gen or even Gray.

I'd imagine it'll be in Grey or Infinite Nothingness or whatever they end up calling it.

Another thing I'd love to see? The berry pods - it's ridiculous that the only way to grow berries is through the Dream World now.

Gravijah

Ravidrath said:
Another thing I'd love to see? The berry pods - it's ridiculous that the only way to grow berries is through the Dream World now.

Even though HGSS INTRODUCED AN ITEM THAT LET YOU PLANT BERRIES ON THE GO!

Man, it's such bullshit that you can't access the Dream World yet. I want to decorate the house thing. :(

Izayoi

Banned
Vect said:
Can someone trade a Shelmet with my Karrablast? Really want an Escavalier. Thank-you in advance. :3
If you could provide the Shelmet I would do it. Don't have one on me right now.

Ravidrath

Gravijah said:
Even though HGSS INTRODUCED AN ITEM THAT LET YOU PLANT BERRIES ON THE GO!

Man, it's such bullshit that you can't access the Dream World yet. I want to decorate the house thing. :(

Eh, don't get too excited... I played with it on the Japanese version, and it's just a massive grind.

Good items require like 250 berries and whatnot, meaning you'll have to log into the site every day for like a month just to get a useless piece of furniture.

Roto13

upJTboogie said:
Ah boy, I have no Ice type or dragon type moves on me. This
8th gym
is going to own me.
I didn't find it nearly as tough as the Dragon gym in HeartGold. Don't worry about it too much.

Teknoman

Watch Da Birdie said:
Wow.

Seriously?

Delio

Vect said:
Can someone trade a Shelmet with my Karrablast? Really want an Escavalier. Thank-you in advance. :3

Well i just went and caught a Shelmet. If you dont mind the nature we can do the trade.

At 70 hours and 14 minutes, I have completed the PokéDex! My PC boxes are filled to the brim!
The guy in the Game Freak office gives you a plaque to put in your bedroom.
And yes, that averages to about 10 hours of playtime per day since it came out last Sunday.

I'm not counting the 3 event Pokémon. The professors and Game Freak guy don't. And it isn't possible to get them yet. So 646/649 really.

P.S. To the people talking about not allowing a Pokémon to follow behind you, don't you think that has to do with emphasizing Team Plasma's message?

upJTboogie said:
Ah boy, I have no Ice type or dragon type moves on me. This
8th gym
is going to own me.

So long as you have a way to take care of FRAXURE. FRAXURE EVERYWHERE., you should be fine.

Watch out for
Dragon Dance
, though.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ravidrath said:
What are some good HM slaves, this time around?

Seems like Skarmory and Poliwrath are still the kings.

Mew.

I carry around a Mew with Fly / Surf / Dive / Waterfall, and an Ambipom (mostly for Pickup) with Strength / Cut / Rock Smash. Breloom with False Swipe / Spore comes in handy as well.

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi said:
You still up for the trade Suairyu?
Absolutely. You want Tepig and Snivy yeah?

I already have a ton of Oshawotts, so if you have any "trade to evolve" Pokémon you could send instead I'd appreciate that. No worries if you haven't - I'm always happy just to help people out regardless.

Post trade Tepig and Snivy, would you be able to trade a Shelmet for my Karrablast and then back again?

edit - Nevermind, I see you don't have shelmets free. IS OKAY DAWG you still want the starters?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:
Stuff you find with the dowsing machine? You just go next to it and click on it.

It should be noted you have to be looking at the spot on the ground where the item is, not standing on top of it.

kiryani

Balb said:
Looking for a Snivy and/or Tepig. I don't have many of the new Pokemon but I have just about every Pokemon from Gens 1-4 that I can trade. Let me know what you need (I don't want to use GTS).

I can help, if you still need them.

Gravijah

I was just thinking yesterday about how awesome the dowsing machine is. I remembered back to the Itemfinder in RBY. What a piece of shit that was!

Andrefpvs

HELL YEAH CAUGHT TIMID MUNNA WITH SYNCHRONIZE! Now to get those awesome fast special sweepers!

EDIT: Realized I still need an Adamant one. fml

btkadams

UltimateIke said:
At 70 hours and 14 minutes, I have completed the PokéDex! My PC boxes are filled to the brim!
The guy in the Game Freak office gives you a plaque to put in your bedroom.
And yes, that averages to about 10 hours of playtime per day since it came out last Sunday.

I'm not counting the 3 event Pokémon. The professors and Game Freak guy don't. And it isn't possible to get them yet. So 646/649 really.

P.S. To the people talking about not allowing a Pokémon to follow behind you, don't you think that has to do with emphasizing Team Plasma's message?
so did you catch all of them with your black/white copy and through trading? or did you trade a lot of them from soulsilver/heartgold/plat/diamond/pearl

Emitan

Gravijah said:
I was just thinking yesterday about how awesome the dowsing machine is. I remembered back to the Itemfinder in RBY. What a piece of shit that was!
Never used it. Threw it into my PC and forgot it existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom