• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calidor

Hi PokeGAF,

what do you think about this team composed of new pokeymans only:

Seismitoad
Emolga
Conkeldurr
Chandelure
Haxorus
Bisharp

Achtius

Calidor said:
Hi PokeGAF,

what do you think about this team composed of new pokeymans only:

Seismitoad
Emolga
Conkeldurr
Chandelure
Haxorus
Bisharp

I rather have Zebstrika then Emogla, unless you need Emogla for flying attack.

So did some tradeson the GTS negotiations and got some good stuff.
Lapras
Crobat
Cranidos
Slakoth
Porygon.

Mostly gave away starters lol.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
Absolutely. You want Tepig and Snivy yeah?

I already have a ton of Oshawotts, so if you have any "trade to evolve" Pokémon you could send instead I'd appreciate that. No worries if you haven't - I'm always happy just to help people out regardless.

Post trade Tepig and Snivy, would you be able to trade a Shelmet for my Karrablast and then back again?

edit - Nevermind, I see you don't have shelmets free. IS OKAY DAWG you still want the starters?
That would be amazing.

I'll see what I have in my box as far as trade to evolve goes. I might have a Gurdurr.

Edit: All I've got is a Karrablast. :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Krookodile is such a beast. I really think Smack Down will come to be a move used on a number of his non-Choice sets. It allows him to threaten Skarmory more than a horrifically weak Fire/Thunder Fang, or Taunt which will land him a couple of large Brave Bird his. The fact that it removes Levitate as well makes it fantastic..

I don't think Stone Edge on Krook is much more than filler, for Smack Down is a decent option.

btkadams said:
so did you catch all of them with your black/white copy and through trading? or did you trade a lot of them from soulsilver/heartgold/plat/diamond/pearl
I had the original 493 from Diamond, Pearl, Emerald, LeafGreen and FireRed already (took ~350 to 400 hours).

I caught all of the Black version Pokemon, and traded for the White version ones.

I think I caught at least 95% of them with my own Poke Balls.

Raxus

UltimateIke said:
I had the original 493 from Diamond, Emerald, LeafGreen and FireRed already (took ~350 to 400 hours).

I caught all of the Black version Pokemon, and traded for the White version ones.
How'd you negotiate for the legendaries?

Gravijah said:
I was just thinking yesterday about how awesome the dowsing machine is. I remembered back to the Itemfinder in RBY. What a piece of shit that was!
Yup it's amazing, I even have it registered instead of the bike and it's on 100% of the time.

Raxus said:
How'd you negotiate for the legendaries?
I remember GAF (Ravidrath in particular) giving me a few event legendaries for free, and the others I just got lucky. Sometimes you can find people giving away rare stuff for next to nothing on the GTS.

EDIT: Any specific legendaries you want to know the stories behind?

Link1110

Wait, I need past legendaries to catch 'em all in this game? If this is my first one since Red, I can't catch 'em all then?

(I finally just bought the US version of the game because apparently Japanese copies are not compatible. Bleh.)

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi said:
That would be amazing.

I'll see what I have in my box as far as trade to evolve goes. I might have a Gurdurr.

Edit: All I've got is a Karrablast. :(
YEAH don't worry about shelmet/karrablast shenanigans, just trade what you want. I've registered you on the PalPad and will be waiting in Waifu Club for you.

Is there anywhere I can go to find out how to change my router to WEP and not lose the internet. I'm using a macbook and whenever I switch to WEP, I try to re-establish my wireless network but it won't accept my PPPoE username and password.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
YEAH don't worry about shelmet/karrablast shenanigans, just trade what you want. I've registered you on the PalPad and will be waiting in Waifu Club for you.
Awesome dude, I really appreciate it.

After we trade I've got to head out for a little while but later tonight I can catch a Shelmet and a Boldore or something. What else would you want?

Also, I'm on White. I see someone highlighting my Black friend code.

thetechkid

Link1110 said:
Wait, I need past legendaries to catch 'em all in this game? If this is my first one since Red, I can't catch 'em all then?

(I finally just bought the US version of the game because apparently Japanese copies are not compatible. Bleh.)

I believe you need R/S/E, DPPt, HG/SS also to catch them all(correct me if I'm wrong).

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi said:
Awesome dude, I really appreciate it.

After we trade I've got to head out for a little while but later tonight I can catch a Shelmet and a Boldore or something. What else would you want?
Later tonight is actually this morning so I'll be asleep, but later tomorrow would be cool. The Vullaby family of Pokémon are the last non-legendary Black Pokémon I need, so just the trade-shenanigan Pokémons are needed for me now.

edit - You're on White so no worries about Vullaby, then! I'll GTS for it.

kiryani

I'm looking for A Charmander, Squirtle or any of the 3 Johto starters. I can trade all 3 B/W starters, a snorlax or an elekid :)

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
Later tonight is actually this morning so I'll be asleep, but later tomorrow would be cool. The Vullaby family of Pokémon are the last non-legendary Black Pokémon I need, so just the trade-shenanigan Pokémons are needed for me now.

edit - You're on White so no worries about Vullaby, then! I'll GTS for it.
I've actually got a Vullaby egg. I'll breed it and trade it to you tomorrow along with Shelmet.

Teknoman

Gravijah said:
Few towns later.

Guess i'll wait then. Dont really like doing trades for stuff that I havent at least seen once. That and its better for the other person since we both get them in our dex.

Speaking of which, is Maractus rare or something?

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi - maybe I'm being blind but I cannot find your White code. Can you just make a post with it?

edit - NEVERMIND I was being blind - White code registered.

Izayoi said:
I've actually got a Vullaby egg. I'll breed it and trade it to you tomorrow along with Shelmet.
You are a sexy person.

edit - in WiFi club.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
Izayoi - maybe I'm being blind but I cannot find your White code. Can you just make a post with it?

edit - NEVERMIND I was being blind - White code registered.

You are a sexy person.

edit - in WiFi club.
I don't see you. One second, re-adding your friend code.

Still don't see you. Hm... You sure you entered it correctly?

2966 7885 3454

Gravijah

Wilsongt said:
So, opinions PokeGAF.

Munna, Solosis, or Sigilyph for a psychic Pokemon?

Well, I came back into the thread to say that I think Reuniclus is my favorite design of this generation so... Solosis!

Wilsongt

Gravijah said:
Well, I came back into the thread to say that I think Reuniclus is my favorite design of this generation so... Solosis!

I'm going to have to agree with that. Taking Sigilyph, though, opens up an option to add an extra Poke by getting rid of Tranquill... Hm...

TheOGB

Banned
Coming this March...

Marcus the Maractus and Clay in...

GIGA DRAIN: MAXIMUM TROLLING

Seriously man. One move. The entire gym.

The entire gym.

Balb

kiryani said:
I'm looking for A Charmander, Squirtle or any of the 3 Johto starters. I can trade all 3 B/W starters, a snorlax or an elekid :)

If you give me a minute or two to transfer a ditto and the Pokemon you want, I'll do this deal for Snivy and Tepig. Which two would you prefer out of the ones you've listed?

Gravijah

Wilsongt said:
I'm going to have to agree with that. Taking Sigilyph, though, opens up an option to add an extra Poke by getting rid of Tranquill... Hm...

If you haven't gotten your fossil yet, you could get the rock/flying one. That's what I did.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
You logged in then left.

edit - Connection errors up the wazoo, captain!
Fucking awesome, thanks so much. I'll have the Vullaby and Shelmet for you tomorrow.

I really appreciate it.

kiryani

Balb said:
If you give me a minute or two to transfer a ditto and the Pokemon you want, I'll do this deal for Snivy and Tepig. Which two would you prefer out of the ones you've listed?

A Charmander and a Squirtle would be awesome if you can manage it!

Suairyu

Banned
So, you know, you guys, don't hold me to this because it's early days, but...

... considering the actual content differences between versions, rather than simply a Pokémon discrepancy, I've been considering getting Black at a later date (before the Victini cutoff, probably) as well.

Izayoi said:
Fucking awesome, thanks so much. I'll have the Vullaby and Shelmet for you tomorrow.

I really appreciate it.
No worries! PokéGAF has been kind to me, I return!

Ryn

Just beat the game at 29:00 on the dot. Definitely a good game overall, I really enjoyed it.

Now to do a zillion other things in this game.

I need a Pansage and a Tepig , can anyone spare some? I have Black. Code on the google doc.

Also, would love if someone could let me borrow their Emboar so I don't have to raise one myself and get its dex entry. I just want to finish the dex soon enough.

Ryn said:
Just beat the game at 29:00 on the dot. Definitely a good game overall, I really enjoyed it.

Now to do a zillion other things in this game.
I always wondered that. Is there any notable post-game content in this game besides catching teh pokemanz.

Suairyu

Banned
Just came first place in a Musical Theatre performance! Highlight of my Poké career right there.
Wilsongt said:
Fuck you, Bianca. I DO NOT want to play dress up.
Yes you fucking do. Get in there and do some THEATRE, boy.

Wilsongt

Suairyu said:
Just came first place in a Musical Theatre performance! Highlight of my Poké career right there.
Yes you fucking do. Get in there and do some THEATRE, boy.

This GayGAFer is not a theater fiend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom