• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Cynthia's
theme is a remix! Whee!

Edit: And I was sweeped.
Her Garchomp was 17 levels higher than me. Can't do shit to that.

Pyrokai

Quick question, maybe you guys know the answer so I don't have to through a few game hours to be disappointed if what I'm hoping for doesn't happen:

Would the move Sandstorm hurt Archen (rock/flying) or Golett (ground/ghost)? I know it doesn't normall affect ground or rock, but since they're dual types I don't know....

Pyrokai said:
Quick question, maybe you guys know the answer so I don't have to through a few game hours to be disappointed if what I'm hoping for doesn't happen:

Would the move Sandstorm hurt Archen (rock/flying) or Gollet (ground/ghost)? I know it doesn't normall affect ground or rock, but since they're dual types I don't know....
They're both safe.

Pyrokai said:

Would the move Sandstorm hurt Archen (rock/flying) or Gollet (ground/ghost)? I know it doesn't normall affect ground or rock, but since they're dual types I don't know....
No it won't hurt them.

Pyrokai said:
Awesome, thanks guys!

For future reference, is it only determined mainly by the first type?
No As long as it is rock, ground or steel sandstorm won't damage that pokemon even if it's a dual type. Also don't matter if one of those is the second type.

Suairyu

Banned
ZayneH said:
Top hat

Bow Tie/Tie

Cane

Monocle

Accept no substitutes.
Tie is a cool item, every other item listed was elegant. Basically you're dressed for A Sweet Soirée and you should be wonderful, but the crowd will hate you in every other musical.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wilsongt said:
Ew. Solosis has no actual Psychic attacks until 25, while Munna has 2...

Except Solosis evolves into one of the strongest Pokemon in the game with an incredible movepool, while Munna will be left behind fairly early.

zumphry

Banned
Suairyu said:
Tie is a cool item, every other item listed was elegant. Basically you're dressed for A Sweet Soirée and you should be wonderful, but the crowd will hate you in every other musical.

WELL THE CROWD HAS POOR TASTE THEN HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES?.

:p

Wilsongt

EvilMario said:
Except Solosis evolves into one of the strongest Pokemon in the game with an incredible movepool, while Munna will be left behind fairly early.

It's why I am keeping him. Are flying-types overly necessary?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Any one sitting near a pokecentre and up for a quick trade? just looking to trade my boldore to some one so it can evolve and then to trade back?

1807 1605 8594 is my friend code :) let me know

edit: nvm.. my wireless seems to stop working when i enter the trading room or anything ;_; but works other wise.. shitty ds

Teknoman

500x_grinleaf.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wilsongt said:
It's why I am keeping him. Are flying-types overly necessary?

Definitely not, although Aerobatics is a pretty powerful move in game, and you'll need something for Flying.
There are non-Flying Pokemon that do learn it though!

Gravijah

789shadow said:
Durant is a massive douchebag when you try to run from it.

Don't insult Kevin!

Something re: post game content
Did they redo the Abyssal Ruins? I'm reading the Serebii page on it, and I was getting items on the first floor that are supposedly on the 2nd... Maybe I'm just reading wrong. I dunno.

Balb

kiryani said:
You're a Superstar, would you like your Tepig Bashful/Calm/Naughty/Bold/Careful or Sassy? and your Snivy Lax/Bold or Calm?

Sorry for the delay. Hatching took a bit longer than I thought without Flame Body and I had to log into wifi for the first time on this DS. Everything is set now though. My friend code is: 2623 2124 4632

As for the nature, I don't mind either way but out of those I'd take the Bold Tepig and Calm Snivy.

kiryani

Balb said:
Sorry for the delay. Hatching took a bit longer than I thought without Flame Body and I had to log into wifi for the first time on this DS. Everything is set now though. My friend code is: 2623 2124 4632

As for the nature, I don't mind either way but out of those I'd take the Bold Tepig and Calm Snivy.

Added, going to the Wi-Fi room now.

FC: 3568 - 0959 - 2054

HolyCheck

OK Got my wireless working

Any one sitting near a pokecentre and up for a quick trade? just looking to trade my boldore to some one so it can evolve and then to trade back?

kiryani

HolyCheck said:
OK Got my wireless working

Sure, add my FC from above and meet me in the wifi room

Might as well call me the NeoGaf beggar man. I originally wanted to use the ghost/fire pokemon for my fire guy but then I just found out about larvesta. Does anyone have any spare eggs on hand?

Nvm: It evolves way too late.

kiryani

TheOGB said:
Just barely beaten, but I'm also looking to evolve my Boldore if anyone else is available.

I don't mind if you guys want to do it together, but I'm here if either of you or anyone else needs any help with evolving.

^ - Go to the Palpad in your inventory

HolyCheck

kiryani said:
I don't mind if you guys want to do it together, but I'm here if either of you or anyone else needs any help with evolving.

thanks so much :) i'll see you on there in a sec

Pyrokai

New question time:

So I thought that even if they were genderless if I put them together they would still breed (if they're the same species). No good. Is a Ditto the only way this is possible?

Also, I'm trying to get a Lvl. 1 Archen. What should I do? I tried breeding it with a Ducklett with no luck...

TheOGB

Banned
kiryani said:

Added you both

Gravijah

Pyrokai said:
New question time:

So I thought that even if they were genderless if I put them together they would still breed (if they're the same species). No good. Is a Ditto the only way this is possible?

Also, I'm trying to get a Lvl. 1 Archen. What should I do? I tried breeding it with a Ducklett with no luck...

Yes and breed it with a Woobat or something flying.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pyrokai said:
New question time:

Genderless means Ditto in most cases, unless it's 'unbreedable'.

Archen can breed with Ducklett, but check the link below for more on its breeding groups. Check the man outside the Pokecenter and make sure they 'Get along'. You may just be having bad luck with the Eggs. Just keep running around on your bike with the long path.

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/566.shtml

MidnightScott said:
I need a Pansage and a Tepig , can anyone spare some? I have Black. Code on the google doc.

Also, would love if someone could let me borrow their Emboar so I don't have to raise one myself and get its dex entry. I just want to finish the dex soon enough.

Still need a tepig? I got half a box full

HolyCheck

wow that was relativly painless :O

havent made a pokemon trade since red on the gb pocket with the cords / cables lol

many thanks OGB + kiryani for your assistance :)

farnham

Banned
TheOGB said:
I gotta say, trading in this game is fan-freaking-tastic compared to last gen
last gen ie. diamond pearl Platinum & heart gold soul silver ?

i thought the trading in that game was pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom