• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balb

farnham said:
last gen ie. diamond pearl Platinum & heart gold soul silver ?

i thought the trading in that game was pretty good

Yeah I don't think b/w is too much of a step up from HG/SS. D/P/PT however were slow because you always had to "save a lot of data" whenever you deposited/withdrew a Pokemon from your PC, which took forever.

TheOGB

Banned
farnham said:
last gen ie. diamond pearl Platinum & heart gold soul silver ?

i thought the trading in that game was pretty good
PXsi5.png

farnham

Banned
Balb said:
Yeah I don't think b/w is too much of a step up from HG/SS. D/P/PT however were slow because you always had to "save a lot of data" whenever you deposited/withdrew a Pokemon from your PC, which took forever.
yeah that kinda sucked indeed
TheOGB said:
lol that too

JVIDICAN

Finished the main quest this morning. A lot of the Pokemon really grew on me. I'd say its at least my second favorite gen. :)
Final team: Serperior ,Seismitoad, Darmanitan, Scrafty, Reuniclus, and Rufflet.

Boogiepop

Man, I'm already up to 24 hours and I've only had it since Monday. That's... a lot of Pokemon playing. Trying to decide whether or not I want to just say "screw it" and go catch the legendaries, or start filling my Pokedex with random things. I definitely want to get as much as I can before I resort to shifting in stuff from my old games...
Also, anyone willing to trade either of the Black exclusive legendaries for old event legendaries or the shiny beasts or anything? I should have extras of any event that happened after Platinum came out in the US, at least...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Mank said:
Man, I'm already up to 24 hours and I've only had it since Monday. That's... a lot of Pokemon playing. Trying to decide whether or not I want to just say "screw it" and go catch the legendaries, or start filling my Pokedex with random things. I definitely want to get as much as I can before I resort to shifting in stuff from my old games...
Also, anyone willing to trade either of the Black exclusive legendaries for old event legendaries or the shiny beasts or anything? I should have extras of any event that happened after Platinum came out in the US, at least...

lol im up to 38 hours and only had it for.. 72 hours :(

Yay! Just won my first random wfc match. Ratation battles are awsome. Right when I go to use waterfall he switches to his electric fish...thing and its not effective D:

But since all his pokemon are heavy I can use low kick no matter which one he chooses lol.

Boogiepop

BTW, as someone not planning to play Ubers, should I particularly worry about catching any of the legendaries and getting "bad" ones? IE, are any of these guys likely to end up in OU/BL?

Balb

Mank said:
BTW, as someone not planning to play Ubers, should I particularly worry about catching any of the legendaries and getting "bad" ones? IE, are any of these guys likely to end up in OU/BL?

I haven't been keeping up with the b/w metagame but many previous legendary Pokemon are OU.

Oh my god, the endgame is glorious.
Getting hit with Reshiram's Fusion Flare and being forced to hit back with a souped-up Fusion Bolt was just... IMMENSE. ._.

suikodan

How does the Entralink work? I went to the "special world" and tried to go across the bridge and it wouldn't connect to my gf's world.

Her C-Gear was open and we traded Pokemons before trying. Anyone has been successful?

I'm playing English version while she has the Black version in another language. It isn't supposed to be a matter, right?

Teknoman

TheOGB said:
*sigh*If only there was enough space for THUNDERHORSE

Go old school SNES RPG style and drop a few letters out.

You know whos been missing from this topic? Six forty-five. Did he decide against picking up the game?

Articalys

Just finished up the main story and credits for the first time. Absolutely incredible end, ready to start on the postgame now.

I still feel very sad that so much was leaked before the game's launch, especially since Nintendo is usually very secure; this game especially didn't deserve that. As much as they seem beneficial by letting us know more information earlier, I wish they'd stop completely, for games and magazines.

Sorry for the diversion. But yeah, the endgame was seriously epic. I was underleveled as hell (except for
Zekrom, Cobalin, and starter Samurott
) but wanted to finish it off now instead of grinding for more levels so I burned through a half-dozen or so max revives. For some reason I felt like I had to grind more here than in Plat or SS...

Emitan

Articalys said:
I still feel very sad that so much was leaked before the game's launch, especially since Nintendo is usually very secure; this game especially didn't deserve that. As much as they seem beneficial by letting us know more information earlier, I wish they'd stop completely, for games and magazines.
It's pretty hard to keep a game a secret when you release it 6 months earlier in another country ;)

Roto13

Teknoman said:
At least you wont see that many with that name. I know im going to run into alot of em with the name Ixion.
At least one person in this very thread has been posting team updates with a Blitzle named Ixion. :p

Articalys

Billychu said:
It's pretty hard to keep a game a secret when you release it 6 months earlier in another country ;)
I was referring to the leaks from the Japanese version at the time of the Japanese launch; I realize I didn't make that clear. I've had to keep a media/story/plot blackout for six months now, the longest ever for me. But man did it pay off for that final battle.

I got my copy yesterday and I started the game this morning at work. The most unbelievable shit happened right at the beginning that had me shitting bricks. My game froze when I tried to save for the very first time at route 1.

Everything went smoothly afterwards and the saves are coming in fine now. I've managed to get my Dewott to level 34 and I'm wondering when the goddamn thing will evolve. I also managed to level up my blitzle(in the daycare) while running up in down in search of Audino to pit against my Dewott.

I even managed to do the same thing with my Purrloin who is now a liepard. I'm kind of disappointed in them though. It seemed like they could both have awesome third stage evolutions(especially my Zebstrika). I'm already at the fourth gym and my team feels way too strong.

I have to say that I'm certainly having fun with the game so far. I want to catch many of the bug types and flying types since they look the most promising(never been much of a bug fan either). The city design is awesome and refreshing and I like Cheren and Bianca(especially her) a lot more than most of the characters in the previous games.

Looking forward to putting another seven hours into this beautiful game.

Roto13

Greatest thing about the post game:
Singing hobo in the bridge town.
Fantastic.

SolarPowered said:
I've managed to get my Dewott to level 34 and I'm wondering when the goddamn thing will evolve.
Soon. Level 36. :p

Big One

Banned
Articalys said:
I was referring to the leaks from the Japanese version at the time of the Japanese launch; I realize I didn't make that clear. I've had to keep a media/story/plot blackout for six months now, the longest ever for me. But man did it pay off for that final battle.
Ah I remember that, well personally I enjoy being spoiled by all of the Pokemon so whatever. No one believed in the leaks anyway, lol. Remember the starter leaks?

who said gym 4 was hard?

i beat both
emolgas
with my level 28 Krokorok, then beat the
zebstrika
with my level 28 whirlpede.
berg was harder.

(also, whirlpede is a beast. i beat all the pre-leader trainers with just him, best bug pokemon since scyther)

Emitan

Big One said:
Ah I remember that, well personally I enjoy being spoiled by all of the Pokemon so whatever. No one believed in the leaks anyway, lol. Remember the starter leaks?
WTF is that? A retarded clown? These are totally fake! :D
:/

Emitan

I almost saw a random trainer think. They threw out a Psychic Pokemon so I switched in a dark type. And then they switched out their Psychic...for another Psychic. sigh...

Balb

Billychu said:
I almost saw a random trainer think. They threw out a Psychic Pokemon so I switched in a dark type. And then they switched out their Psychic...for another Psychic. sigh...

They really need to fix the AI, at the very least for gym leaders.

btkadams

for the roamer:

i have him down to a sliver of red health and he's paralyzed. it's nighttime. would it be better to use a quick ball, ultra ball, or dusk ball?

EDIT: wow nevermind i caught him with one throw of the quick ball.

Teknoman

Billychu said:
Dewott evolved. He is ugly now. I don't like this game anymore.

Probably could've kept him 2nd stage with the new hold item?

I think Samurott looks cool even though I went with Tepig in the end. Probably would've been better if it somehow remained bipedal with the same shell-samurai armor with it's sword out.

btkadams said:
for the roamer:

i have him down to a sliver of red health and he's paralyzed. it's nighttime. would it be better to use a quick ball, ultra ball, or dusk ball?

EDIT: wow nevermind i caught him with one throw of the quick ball.

dusk ball

4X catching probability at night, as opposed to ultra balls 2X catching probability.

EDIT: ...nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom