• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit. I was just exploring
Undella Town
where I randomly encountered
Cynthia inside one of the houses
and accidentally accepted to battle. I hadn't saved in a while, so I just said, "fuck it, let's do this." My Pokemon were around lvl 58, while
her Pokemon were all lvl 75
(For those that don't want to be spoiled, let's just say those Pokemon were way out of my league). And somehow I managed to pull of a win, sure I was almost dead, but I pulled through in the end.
I managed to fell her Garchomp without it hurting me which really helped out there. I love my Archeops!
iirate said:
I'm not seeing nearly enough love for Whimsicott, who has easily been my MVP ever since I caught him as a Cottonee at the start.
Yeah, my Whimsicott single-handedly took down a Hydreigon. He's a beast.
Izayoi said:
Eh? I was under the impression that pretty much everyone loved her.

I mean, I dunno. She's one of my favorite new Pokemon this Gen.
Her?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
About half an hour in. Is it just me, or is there a subtle current of self parody running under this one?
"Alright, I want you guys to..." "fill out the Pokedex, we know!"

"Professor Jupiter asked you to fill out the pokedex? Thats great! Well, I thought she would.."

Articalys

Man, though, reading over this thread now I feel like I was playing the game completely the wrong way, making somewhat haphazard choices for team members without thinking about the consequences. The fact that I only survived the endgame by the skin of my teeth doesn't help matters. At least I had fun along the way though!

Harpuia

Just took a look at Black Citys' AMAZING selection. oh, a green shard..fresh water..star piece, heart scale..a thunderstone. Never have I experienced a bigger disappointment. GAF, tell me it gets better. :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Elesa > Skyla

Short hair > Pacifier Hair

Electric > Flying

Seriously Flying Gyms are always wee-easy.

Ani496MS.png
Jormungand lv 35

Ani530MS.png
Simon lv 35

Ani564MS.png
Leonardo lv 35

Ani602MS.png
Izanami lv 35

Ani559MS.png
Shedz lv 34

Ani607MS.png
Maestro Bu lv 33

I think my team is ready. All their evolutions are freaking cool.

Izayoi

Banned
Chet Rippo said:
I just class Pokemon into genders without really thinking about it. Kind of a subconscious thing, I guess. You don't? All of my friends and I do it. I dunno.

iirate said:
I don't know about the competitive scene (I'm not looking into the metagame for this gen until I beat the main story), but I just searched the entire thread, and two teams mentioned in over 6000 posts actually are using one. I think the stigma of how bad a lot of early grass types normally are have kept people away from this gem.
A lot of people don't post their teams, though.

I'm using one in my Black playthrough (used a Lilligant for my White one).

It's annoying that you can't see nicknames on random matchup GTS battles. That's part of the fun. Can you see nicknames in battles between friends?

Raxus

Anyone want to trade? I have some spare black exclusive pokemon, a quiet ditto, and I want to evolve a couple pokemon via trade.

If you want some stones too I can manage to trade a few.

N4Us

Kinda disappointed to see they took out GBA transfers, still have a few Fire Red/Ruby guys I wanna send over, oh well.

Also Archen is so damn fun to play with.

Zzoram

I feel like an idiot but I'm stuck on Gym 2 lol. I can't figure out what to do with the last clue.

Nevermind I didn't notice I forgot to talk to the girl again.

DeVeAn

N4Us said:
Kinda disappointed to see they took out GBA transfers, still have a few Fire Red/Ruby guys I wanna send over, oh well.

Also Archen is so damn fun to play with.
You can transfer them to silver than from silver to black. Yea I just name the versions I play. Anyway thats my plan.

If anyone wants to see me winning my first wifi battle go to bttle videos and enter 99-85554-47926

Its a rotation battle. I'm proud consideeing I do not ev train (yet planning to try soon.

The battle videos are cool. You can even see those who live near you! Theres 4 other videos in Mississippi :O

ARGH i didnt realize this poke transfer game was gonna be played on the dload ds, my old ds's touch screen is crap , might have to switch this around.
ok this minigame is gonna get on my nerves really quick.

Jinko

Populating Black City/White Forest by local connection at this point in gaming is such a stupid idea.

I'll give Game Freak a thumbs up for the dreamworld idea, too bad its not up til the 30th though, hopefully it means future games will be easy to transfer pokemon this way.

N4Us

DeVeAn said:
You can transfer them to silver than from silver to black. Yea I just name the versions I play. Anyway thats my plan.

Yeah, I don't have a second DS around here though. I may have to borrow a friend's at some point.

Styles

Raxus said:
Anyone want to trade? I have some spare black exclusive pokemon, a quiet ditto, and I want to evolve a couple pokemon via trade.

If you want some stones too I can manage to trade a few.

Definitely, do you need any white exclusives?

Seems I'm late. ;D

Articalys

I am just wondering something, so if people could give some feedback it would be appreciated:

What percentage of people in this thread do you think used a guide of any sort, physical or online, during their first playthrough? Because all of a sudden I'm starting to think that it was a really dumb idea to let my pride get in the way and not look at any move lists, stat comparisons, etc. for the entire main quest. Sure, I won in the end and had a bunch of fun, but now I feel like my team completely and utterly sucks and is underleveled for the postgame. Almost makes me want to just start over, but I got lucky with the few legendary captures I made and would hate to put that to waste.

Also, could someone tell me how much plot there is in the postgame that continues off of the main story, similar to the Stark Mountain stuff from Platinum? I want to know how much I'd be postponing that isn't just "super high level trainer battles and rematches" if I just decided to reroll and play from scratch. I figure if I could clear it by rushing with dumb decisions in a week, I can take my time being smart and still get back to the postgame relatively soon.

Or I could just transfer over my level 90+ team from Platinum and clean house, though I guess there's no honor in that.

Raxus

I am waiting in the Wi-fi Room now. My friend code is 4555 9433 2002

Add me, and then PM me your code if you wanna trade.

Raxus

DarkStar said:
Does anybody have a spare ditto and is willing to trade with me so I can start breeding?
PM me plz
Thanks!
Yo, what you breeding? If you promise a starter egg that isn't Tepig in return I will gladly hand you a ditto. I can wait for him to breed and grab the egg tomorrow.

Morokh

The more the series goes on, the more I'm lost after E4 xD
There is so much to do, and at the same time it's like wandering the rest of the world without purpose ...

DarkStar

Raxus said:
Yo, what you breeding? If you promise a starter egg that isn't Tepig in return I will gladly hand you a ditto. I can wait for him to breed and grab the egg tomorrow.

How about a Osshawott? or however u spell it lol

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom