• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

survivor said:
Ah I see. That's post game I guess then?

Amulet Coin? No, you should get it during the main game. I can't remember where though... Hmm...

Ravidrath said:
So I guess I'm not ready to shit Dittos, after all.

Two of them can breed to make more, can't they? I've tried pairing three of them up so far, and they all "prefer to play with other Pokemon."

I guess it's possible all of these have the same parents, but I'm skeptical.

Edit: Am dumb.

Ravidrath

Two of them can breed to make more, can't they? I've tried pairing three of them up so far, and they all "prefer to play with other Pokemon."

Ravidrath said:

ditto's can't mate.

Balb

CrazyDude said:
Can somebody explain how this game is better then pearl and diamond?

If you're specifically referring to d/p, b/w are much faster games battle-wise, surf-wise etc. If you compare it to Platinum, it's hard for me to say which is better to be honest.

survivor

Banned
Gravijah said:
Amulet Coin? No, you should get it during the main game. I can't remember where though... Hmm...

I don't think it matters if it says that. Just keep going back and forth.
Oh snap you are right. You get it from Castelia City.

thetechkid

Gravijah said:

In the big city by defeating the three dancers and forming a breakdance crew in the park.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Amulet Coin + buying Bottled Water, Soda Pop, etc. instead of potions = Money money, everywhere

I have like 300k and I haven't even faced the Elite Four yet.

ryan-ts

Been trying to trade for a Japanese Axew on GTS for the past 30 minutes, everything works great until I actually try to complete the trade.

Woffls

WHAT.

I've seen every Pokémon in the Unova Dex (Well, 152 of them) and Juniper was just liek "oh, well done, now catch all of them". :( Do I really get nothing for doing that?

Woffls said:
WHAT.

I've seen every Pokémon in the Unova Dex (Well, 152 of them) and Juniper was just liek "oh, well done, now catch all of them". :( Do I really get nothing for doing that?
Well first you are missing one and
yes you get nothing :/

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Woffls said:
WHAT.

Why would you get something for just seeing them? That requires like no effort anyways...

Even for catching all 649 all you get is a plaque or something I think. If you're doing it for in-game loot you're going to be very disappointed.

Gravijah said:
Ah, that reminds me. Gotta bring my Surfing Raichu into BW and maybe use it for my White playthrough!
Funny thing about that. Pokemon that know HM's (Surf) can't be transferred. So I don't think you can delete Surf, transfer Raichu, and reteach it. I was going to move my Surfing Pikachu from Diamond (from Pokemon Battle Revolution), but I don't think I can use the Surf HM on it. :(

Red

MatthewB92 said:
Wait I changed my DS clock because of daylight saving so that means I can't do any daily updates today? WTF!!!!
What are daily updates?

Also, a question on Entralink: one of the missions requires player 1 to talk to player 2 while p2 is in a battle. But p1 can only access main towns, and can't explore routes or get near long grass/trainers. So where is this possible?

UltimateIke said:
Funny thing about that. Pokemon that know HM's (Surf) can't be transferred. So I don't think you can delete Surf, transfer Raichu, and reteach it. I was going to move my Surfing Pikachu from Diamond (from Pokemon Battle Revolution), but I don't think I can use the Surf HM on it. :(
I traded for a Swanna that knew Surf and Dive without any issues. Does the HM rule only apply to previous gens?

Gravijah

UltimateIke said:

Argh, I forgot about that. I am so very sad.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Man this thread is moving fast!

Crunched said:
I traded for a Swanna that knew Surf and Dive without any issues. Does the HM rule only apply to previous gens?

Yes. Not hold items, either.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
Amulet Coin + buying Bottled Water, Soda Pop, etc. instead of potions = Money money, everywhere

I have like 300k and I haven't even faced the Elite Four yet.

Don't waste money on soda pop, btw. Jump straight from fresh water to lemonades.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MatthewB92 said:
swarm pokemon, battling the rich family, battling the guy at the pokemon company and other stuff.

You get a stone from that parasol woman in the Moor of Icirrus, and also the guy in the Castelia gallery asking for a certain type of Pokemon each day.

I guess I should compile a list like I did for HG/SS.

Andrex said:
Man this thread is moving fast!

Yes. Not hold items, either.
This thread (and all Pokemon threads) are the most fun to read. There are so many different things going on. Trades being set up, stories of glorious battles, and so much more. Pokemon is really unique in how many different ways it lets you approach the game. <3

Gravijah

Andrex said:
You get a stone from that parasol woman in the Moor of Icirrus, and also the guy in the Castelia gallery asking for a certain type of Pokemon each day.

I guess I should compile a list like I did for HG/SS.

There's a list of the daily/weekly events on Serebii.

Edit: If you're going to change your clock, do it before the day ends at 10:30 or 11:30 or so.

D-Pad

MatthewB92 said:
swarm pokemon, battling the rich family, battling the guy at the pokemon company and other stuff.

Yeah. Rule: Don't change your DS clock. Stupid overlook by Nintendo that's not exclusive to Pokemon. Animal Crossing doesn't like it either. :\

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyways I know some people don't like fanart being posted here but I thought this was too cool to pass up. I'll link it because it is pretty big.

All the Pokemon and important NPCs in the series forming a heart. And they're all shiny.

Be sure to press the plus magnifying glass.

Also if anyone remembers I had a Picasa album for fanart that some people liked, but I decided to focus on my IRL photography so I deleted it. I've since moved that photography to its own account and will be reposting that fanart with some new stuff I've found since then. What's great is a couple weeks ago, Picasa made it so you can do unlimited uploads if the size is less than 800x800. It'll be here when I upload the rest.

Anyways, enough rambling about stuff nobody cares about. :p

btkadams

BGBW said:
I love the fact that once a rock has been moved it goes down a hole.
i have a question about this. if you push the big boulders into the rock, are they down there forever so that you don't need to bring a pkmn with strength through that area again?

D-Pad said:
Yeah. Rule: Don't change your DS clock. Stupid overlook by Nintendo that's not exclusive to Pokemon. Animal Crossing doesn't like it either. :\
I fixed it. Just change the clock to 11:58 and the date to a random date and that will fix it if you wait until 12 AM.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
btkadams said:
i have a question about this. if you push the big boulders into the rock, are they down there forever so that you don't need to bring a pkmn with strength through that area again?
Yep. Once a rock in down a hole it will always stay there. That's why I love it.

btkadams

BGBW said:
Yep. Once a rock in down a hole it will always stay there. That's why I love it.
that's probably the best thing about this whole game. it sucked having to always bring an hm slave through the previous games' caves/mountains.

farnham

Banned
D-Pad said:
Don't waste money on soda pop, btw. Jump straight from fresh water to lemonades.
moo moo milk bitches

its the best drink ever!

tumblr_kz9avk59091qzzngao1_500.png

TUSR

Banned
Im really digging this generation, the last game I played was HG/SS which I absolutely loved because it was probably the 1st game I ever really went in depth into. (EV training, breeding, etc.)

R/B > HG/SS > B/W
Is how it seems to be for me, nothing will ever beat the feeling when I started my first pokemon game.

Few questions for the regulars,
- No more Lucky Eggs? Best way to grind levels is now what?
- Where do I get the EXP share?

Thanks

Christine

Well, I've put in about 9 hrs so far.

I haven't played any of the games since Blue, so I'm pretty impressed.

I guess I will have to get some of the Gen IV games to catch 'em all?

Squire Felix said:
Im really digging this generation, the last game I played was HG/SS which I absolutely loved because it was probably the 1st game I ever really went in depth into. (EV training, breeding, etc.)

R/B > HG/SS > B/W
Is how it seems to be for me, nothing will ever beat the feeling when I started my first pokemon game.

Few questions for the regulars,
- No more Lucky Eggs? Best way to grind levels is now what?
- Where do I get the EXP share?

Thanks

You get given a Lucky Egg in the story. EXP share... the first is in Castelia City in the battle building I think. Battle your way to the manager.

TUSR

Banned
Android18a said:
You get given a Lucky Egg in the story. EXP share... the first is in Castelia Awesome thanks. So there is only one lucky egg per-game now?

Sucks, in HG I had about 10 lucky eggs and in the last official thread here I gave away a bunch to GAF'ers.

thetechkid

So wait just to clarify, if I catch a surfing pikachu(still need to do that) on the pokewalker, I can or cannot transfer it to B/W after I get the national dex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom