• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

I'm ready to start shitting Dittos!

Anyone want one in exchange for a female starter?

Looking for all three, and figure I may as well get them from three different people.

D-Pad

So my sister's friend is being deployed to Iraq (please keep her in your thoughts, btw) and left a big box of things for my sister to watch over. I'm helping her carry this huge box inside and my watch slips off of my wrist and falls to the bottom of the box. WTF, right?

So I'm digging through all of her things trying to find my watch. Lots of cool geeky stuff in there. DragonBall Z set, WOW guide book, Killzone 3, MGS 3, etc... But there was one thing in particular that caught my eye:

photo-1.jpg

(not my picture)

Pokemon Black and White Collector's Edition Official Strategy Guide and Unova Pokedex. I was ecstatic, my sister didn't know it was in there either. I feel it could use a more detailed npc trainer battle guide, another reason I miss Versus guides. They showed you what every trainer in the game was gonna throw out at you, how much money they gave you, etc, as part of the walkthrough. This book seems to be more interested in showing you their sprites than what they're packing. :\ The book is filled with very nice artwork, including one featuring the hero, and the bad guys.

The dex shows all of the monster's forms, evolutions, types, front and back sprites, along with their heights, weight, genders and items that may be found with them. It has both version's dex entries and locations. Level-up moves, move tutor moves, egg moves, TM and HM moves are listed as well, along with the okemon's base stats, abilities, and egg groups. I have no idea why I was expecting more advance stuff like EV give-outs -- I guess I was spoiled by online sources.

Also the pokedex's text is too small. Like Nuts-and-bolts-you-need-a-magnifying-glass-to-read-it, small. The book's cover is really simple, but really nice to look at. Inside flap has a.. What do you call it, when you tilt the page/board to see one picture, and then tilt it to see another? That has alternating pictures of the game's mascots, Zekrom and Reshiram. There is a mini map-poster with type match-ups on the back.

All in all it's a solid guide that I may or may not use (at least until I start another playthrough :p). At least now I know what's in that egg that I always miss, because I never have room on my team. lol

Gravijah said:
L=A is infinitely more useful, since it means you can play the game one handed.

Also, what the hell is the blank spot in the options menu for?! It's taunting me. I bet it was L=A or borders!

It was for changing to katakana/kanji/etc in the Japanese version.

btkadams said:
yes but now there's the more useful "hold L while pressing A on a move in battle to see it's move details (AP/PP/etc"

a lot of times i forget which of my moves is physical/special and what attack power it has so i find this really valuable.

WHAT. I swear I didn't know about this. ._.

Wiseblade said:
Route 1 is soo good. Even Farfetch'd gives Atk EVs so a swarm can't stop your training.

Also: Did GF change the way Feint works?
Yes. It had it's power reduced from 50 to 30, and it hits even if the opponent didn't use Protect/Detect.

It's blocked by Quick Guard, since it's an increased-priority move.
CrazyDude said:
Can somebody explain how this game is better then pearl and diamond?
Off the top of my head, the battles are faster. Much faster.
Trades between people should be easier to get up, on the local side. Wi-Fi trading becomes more interesting with the available options.

btkadams

CrazyDude said:
Can somebody explain how this game is better then pearl and diamond?
• the pokemon are better
• the story is better
• the visuals are much better
• the battle animations are more detailed and they seem to be more fast-paced
• there is less dependency on hm's

Blizzard

Banned
btkadams said:
• the pokemon are better
• the story is better
• the visuals are much better
• the battle animations are more detailed and they seem to be more fast-paced
• there is less dependency on hm's
TMS CAN BE USED OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN

• tackle is 100% accuracy

Magnus

Good or bad idea to be using Exp Share on a secondary Pokemon on a regular basis?

Is the total Exp gained between my two Pokemon less than what the one battling on his own would normally get?

Gravijah

Magnus said:
Good or bad idea to be using Exp Share on a secondary Pokemon on a regular basis?

Is the total Exp gained between my two Pokemon less than what the one battling on his own would normally get?

It's the same, just split in half. Though I'm not sure what effect it has on lower level Pokemon... I wonder if they get more exp from the level difference? Haven't tried it.

Woffls

Uhh, how much money do you guys have? I have 800k :\ I should probably spend some, right? Just one level away from evolving Vullaby! :D

Gravijah

Woffls said:
Uhh, how much money do you guys have? I have 800k :\ I should probably spend some, right? Just one level away from evolving Vullaby! :D

The cap is above 999999 this time. I've got about 949k. Still need to sell all the items from the ruins but I don't see a point.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
:( So you can tell I havent played pokemon since Red...

I got to the elite 4 with pokemon of type: Fire/psychic rock/ground lighting water steel/fighting and dragon

they're all useless against the whackjob elite 4 of nothing but psychic/dark/whatever else crazyness.

:( time to level up a lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom