• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Raxus said:
The level 65's really are pushovers. Don't be scared to push ahead.

Ah, that reminds me...
a lot of these trainers have, like, Oddishs, Magikarps and other weak Pokemon. So I don't get very much experience, despite them being level 60+. At this point, I'm pretty sure I've beat every trainer on the East side of the region, and I even beat Cynthia. Elite 4 is still RIDICULOUS, can't beat more than one trainer at a time

Guess it's time to grind against wild pokes. Sigh.

Suairyu

Banned
Motherfucker.

I spend all that time breeding and training a new team of five from scratch because I was worried I'd become overlevelled.

And the sixth gym still sank without an incident. Easiest gym of the game; even easier than the fourth AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING.

Skyla looked like Cammy.

So onto the next area!

I'm presuming the special roaming Pokémon doesn't appear in this area yet, right? It's simply raining, not thundering.

edit -

I have come to the conclusion that repels don't work a lick in tall grass.

I'm a bit confused as to how to use the Dowsing MCHN. I just cleared the second gym and got it as the reward. I'm trying to pick up whatever item is flashing on the little wooden stand where the accordion player is but I pressing "A" or pressing the screen does nothing. How do I pick up an item once it's been found?

Raxus

Anth0ny said:
Ah, that reminds me...
a lot of these trainers have, like, Oddishs, Magikarps and other weak Pokemon. So I don't get very much experience, despite them being level 60+. At this point, I'm pretty sure I've beat every trainer on the East side of the region, and I even beat Cynthia. Elite 4 is still RIDICULOUS, can't beat more than one trainer at a time

Guess it's time to grind against wild pokes. Sigh.
Uhhh...
maybe you'll get lucky like me and trade for a level 100 groundon on GTS :D
but in all seriousness. Big stadium. The riches. All the daily trainers should help you against the
big 5 rematch

Scythian Empire said:
I'm a bit confused as to how to use the Dowsing MCHN. I just cleared the second gym and got it as the reward. I'm trying to pick up whatever item is flashing on the little wooden stand where the accordion player is but I pressing "A" or pressing the screen does nothing. How do I pick up an item once it's been found?
When it says you are right on top of something move one space and look at where you were standing and press A.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
I'm presuming the special roaming Pokémon doesn't appear in this area yet, right? It's simply raining, not thundering.

edit -

It will be made clear as day when he appears.

Also, repels only work if your lead Pokemon is higher level than the indigenous 'mons.

Wiseblade

Suairyu said:
Motherfucker.

I spend all that time breeding and training a new team of five from scratch because I was worried I'd become overlevelled.

And the sixth gym still sank without an incident. Easiest gym of the game; even easier than the fourth AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING.

Skyla looked like Cammy.

So onto the next area!

edit -

You have to be a higher level than the pokemon you would encounter for repel's to actually... repel.

Fewr

Scythian Empire said:
stand next to the spot, but facing it, then press A.

It says so in the computer help at the pokecenter, at least I think there's where I found out.

Suairyu

Banned
Raxus said:
It doesn't work on shaking grass, dust clouds, etc. Which are guaranteed battles/items.
Yeah, I know. I'm talking about the tall grass on Route 7 - the stuff that goes above your head. The repels are doing nothing there.

Blizzard

Banned
Suairyu said:
Yeah, I know. I'm talking about the tall grass on Route 7 - the stuff that goes above your head. The repels are doing nothing there.
As a duck, you should be scared of tall grass due to crocodiles anyway. :mad:

mCACGj

Is it just me or did they make running away from wild Pokemon much harder? I out-level these guys by 10 levels, much faster, etc, and still I find myself not being able to get away.

Suairyu

Banned
UltimateIke said:
Walk across the platforms and it isn't a problem.
When Audino farming, it most certainly is a problem if you want to reach the shaking grass but an encounter stops you. It is sighful.

But I just got
HM Surf
so screw this! I'm heading back home to explore.

mCACGj said:
Is it just me or did they make running away from wild Pokemon much harder? I out-level these guys by 10 levels, much faster, etc, and still I find myself not being able to get away.

If you're running away a lot, try equiping a smoke ball on your leader if you have one.

Suairyu said:
When Audino farming, it most certainly is a problem if you want to reach the shaking grass but an encounter stops you. It is sighful.

But I just got
HM Surf
so screw this! I'm heading back home to explore.

that is by far the last place to go Audino farming.

So I read @ Serebii that there's suppose to be an NPC in Nimbasa City Gear station that will check your IVs for you. Anyone know where that NPC is exactly? I've wandered around and only see 4 of them and none checks IVs. Does he appear after E4 or am I just blind?

W1SSY

Tried trading and it still isn't working correctly. This is kind of disappointing, I was looking forward to getting an evolved boldore.

D-Pad

mCACGj said:

In the previous games, I had trouble running from hooked Magikarps.

Magikarps.

D-Pad

The_Technomancer said:
Is it just me or is the early game significantly harder this time around?

Coming from Heartgold/SoulSilver or Diamond/Pearl/Platinum? Because everything's harder than gold and silver...

Suairyu

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Second gym required two attempts and a spot of Audino levelling. Nothing so bad after that, though.
Harpuia said:
Am I the only one that is left burned by how lame Black City is?
How lame we talking? Make me feel sechsy for playing White!

Though, doesn't the true potential of Black City (and White Forest) only get realised through entralink with a friend anyway?

survivor

Banned
Just beat the Elite Four

That was really cool. The Team Plasma castle showing up out of nowhere was awesome. Didn't really think anything like this will ever happen in a Pokemon game. N's battle was alright and I used Zekrom on purpose just for the heck of it. However the battle against Ghetsis was pure BS. He had that Dark/Dragon that destroyed my team. I had to waste his Focus Blast PPs so my Scrafty can hit him.

The ending was good too. I knew N was being manipulated somehow. So sad to see him go. I was hoping I would get to face him later but looks like he is gone for good.

Raxus

Harpuia said:
Am I the only one that is left burned by how lame Black City is?
It has it's uses, being able to own every evolution stone in the game is sure to come in handy. Plus you get to SEE more pokemon than white forest, meaning options for GTS.

kiryani

Suairyu said:
Second gym required two attempts and a spot of Audino levelling. Nothing so bad after that, though.
How lame we talking? Make me feel sechsy for playing White!

Though, doesn't the true potential of Black City (and White Forest) only get realised through entralink with a friend anyway?

I was swanning round like I owned the place just after the 1st badge. Then some random trainer and his Sandile beat the absolute shit out of me. I was devastated IRL.

Morokh

My Chandelure is amazing for the Battle subway, I just can win the two first series of 7 only with it xD and it's not even with a good nature or correctly EV trained

Woffls

MatthewB92 said:
Well look at that. 80% of my posts are from this thread though lol.
Better here than sunk into some NPD thread ;D

I'm currently playing Pokémon Emerald on my GBA (screw this lack of backlight, seriously) and of course Pokémon White on my DS Lite. I'm just levelling up low level Pokémon to evolve with Exp Share at the moment, so I thought I could use the extra brain cells to play Emerald, which I'm only on the 5th badge with. I want all the Reggies so I can get me a Regigigas in Pearl ^_^

The_Technomancer said:

I think the Pokemon are just more balanced this time around. in previous game I'd train a Garchomp up to my other pokemons current level and steamroll everyone this time my Haxorus is a few levels ahead and Its not as overpowered as I though it was going to be(LV 53, 246 ATK and 145 SPD-with some Carbos)

Glix

razgriz417 said:
So I read @ Serebii that there's suppose to be an NPC in Nimbasa City Gear station that will check your IVs for you. Anyone know where that NPC is exactly? I've wandered around and only see 4 of them and none checks IVs. Does he appear after E4 or am I just blind?

She is on the first floor of the building and checks the lead pokemon...

She says "Your Magicarp... can still try harder" or something like that. Although maybe I'm totally wrong. I just assumed she was checking IV's

Okay, thus far my team is this:

Pignite
Pansage
Drilbur
Sandile
Cubchoo
Solosis

I just got the Solosis which I switched a Gurrdurr out for (With Pignite I figured Gurrdurr was a waste)

Is this team decent at all? The ones I really like the most are Drilbur, Sandile, and Cubchoo, the only problem being Drilbur and Sandile are so close to each other in skills. Pignite I figure I need to keep just because he is my starter, but he's pretty cool anyway.

Here are other Pokemon I am interested in:

Cofagrigus
Hydreigon
Escavalier
Haxorus
Accelgor

Should I switch any of my team for any of those? What would make the best/most well rounded team out of all of these pokemon I like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom