• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiseblade, that moveset you suggested is actually pretty good for Battle Subway if anything.

I CAN BREAK THESE SUBS

YOU CAN'T BREAK THOSE SUBS

AAAAAAAAAAAH

Okay, so online randoms... 15 battles, 15 losses so far. Woo. Some *really* close matches. I'm using all level 50s, but definitely not a competitive team. No EV training here, nor even particularly strong Pokemon. I'm fighting for the fun of it! It's more fun to nearly win with my Swellow and Jynx than to score an easy win with "upper tier" Pokemon.

Machine

I made it to the E4 last night. Now I'm just suicide grinding against them. Excadrill is a stud as he was able to sweep one of the E4 all by himself. The rest of the team has a ways to go. I still haven't decided on a sixth team member and Swoobat is too fragile so I have train up a new flier for the end-game and post-game stuff.

Wiseblade

Holy Order Sol said:
Wiseblade, that moveset you suggested is actually pretty good for Battle Subway if anything.

I CAN BREAK THESE SUBS

YOU CAN'T BREAK THOSE SUBS

AAAAAAAAAAAH
Nice to see my ramblings are good for something.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Android18a said:
Okay, so online randoms... 15 battles, 15 losses so far. Woo. Some *really* close matches. I'm using all level 50s, but definitely not a competitive team. No EV training here, nor even particularly strong Pokemon. I'm fighting for the fun of it! It's more fun to nearly win with my Swellow and Jynx than to score an easy win with "upper tier" Pokemon.
This is actually something I've been wondering about. How badly is random online dominated by ubers? I'm into competitive play but I've never particularly cared for ubers.

Firestorm

Hell yeah! Got my HTC Desire HD working as a wifi hotspot so I can trade now! Does anyone have an Oshawott or Snivy egg? I like going through my game with all 3 starters. Been doing it since all the way back with Red >.>

Wiseblade

Zerokku said:
This is actually something I've been wondering about. How badly is random online dominated by ubers? I'm into competitive play but I've never particularly cared for ubers.
I think cover legendaries and event only Pokémon are banned from Random matchup. Basically anything you can't use on the battle subway, you can't use online.

Zerokku said:

I think real legends are banned online? I certainly haven't seen any Regis, Kyogre or Lati@s yet. I've seen a lot of really interesting teams so far. Politoed, Magmar, Raichu, Probopass... stuff I wouldn't expect people to use.

Myself, I'm currently on with Zweilous, Scizor, Cacturne, Swellow, Electivire and Jynx.

Firestorm

Android18a said:
I think real legends are banned online? I certainly haven't seen any Regis, Kyogre or Lati@s yet. I've seen a lot of really interesting teams so far. Politoed, Magmar, Raichu, Probopass... stuff I wouldn't expect people to use.

Myself, I'm currently on with Zweilous, Scizor, Cacturne, Swellow, Electivire and Jynx.
I think Regis, and Latis without Soul Dew are both allowed. Just not what Nintendo normally bans in the Battle [building] and official tournaments.

btkadams

im at the elite four and all my pokemon are levels 51-54 so i think i should be fine going through. i have to wait until i get home in a few hours though gahhhh

Ravidrath

UltimateIke said:
Canalave City in DPPt and Blackthorn City in HGSS.

It's really nice that the B/W maps tell you what's in the town, including these NPCs.

However, fuck the PokeTransfer for not automatically removing HMs, or even making you do it at all. HMs aren't abusable at all because of when you get the PokeTransfer and the badges, so I'm not sure what the thinking behind this is.

Firestorm

Gravijah said:
Wow
Kyurem
is awesome looking.

Firestorm, do you still need Wotter?
Nope think I'm good now. Jumped on #smogonwifi on IRC and a nice user on there is sending them to me :) ty anyway!

Ravidrath said:
It's really nice that the B/W maps tell you what's in the town, including these NPCs.

However, fuck the PokeTransfer for not automatically removing HMs, or even making you do it at all. HMs aren't abusable at all because of when you get the PokeTransfer and the badges, so I'm not sure what the thinking behind this is.
They make you delete them in R/S/E/FR/LG before transferring up a gen too. Really weird limitation.

Ravidrath said:

indeed auto deleting the ones that aren't hms anymore and transfering pokemon with hms that are still hms would have been, you know not complicated, but Gamefreak lives to make pokemon transfering difficult in some way.

W1SSY

Firestorm said:
Hell yeah! Got my HTC Desire HD working as a wifi hotspot so I can trade now! Does anyone have an Oshawott or Snivy egg? I like going through my game with all 3 starters. Been doing it since all the way back with Red >.>
Wait I only have snivy eggs right now but do have a couple level 1 oshawotts.

Also I really love how I can use my captivate as a wifi hotspot so I can get on GTS.

Gravijah

Argh, it really bothers me that
Landorus, Tornadus and Thundurus aren't next to eachother in the Pokedex. Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem, too but less so.

Raxus

Gravijah said:
Landorus, Tornadus and Thundurus aren't next to eachother in the Pokedex. Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem, too but less so.
Pokemon #000

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
They did it just to piss you off.

Blizzard

Banned
Machine said:
I made it to the E4 last night. Now I'm just suicide grinding against them. Excadrill is a stud as he was able to sweep one of the E4 all by himself. The rest of the team has a ways to go. I still haven't decided on a sixth team member and Swoobat is too fragile so I have train up a new flier for the end-game and post-game stuff.
How much money do you lose when you die to the elite four, and is there any way to drop your money in a bank or something to avoid that?

Gravijah

Blizzard said:
How much money do you lose when you die to the elite four, and is there any way to drop your money in a bank or something to avoid that?

You lose a really negligible amount. Like 8k or something.

Anth0ny

Round 2 of elite 4 is FUCKED. Where am I supposed to train my Pokemon to get on their level?

The part of the map that I can go to now that I've beat the elite 4 just has a couple of trainers with primarily level 60s. Not nearly enough to prepare my primarily level 50 team to face PRIMARILY LEVEL 70S ELITE 4

Raxus

Anth0ny said:
Round 2 of elite 4 is FUCKED. Where am I supposed to train my Pokemon to get on their level?

The part of the map that I can go to now that I've beat the elite 4 just has a couple of trainers with primarily level 60s. Not nearly enough to prepare my primarily level 50 team to face PRIMARILY LEVEL 70S ELITE 4
The level 65's really are pushovers. Don't be scared to push ahead.

Anth0ny said:

Most of the double grass has 60+ wild pokemon in them

Gravijah

Anth0ny said:

That place is filled with trainers. Filled. Also, go to Big Stadium and Small Court every day.
Also, Audinos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom