• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Glix said:
She is on the first floor of the building and checks the lead pokemon...

She says "Your Magicarp... can still try harder" or something like that. Although maybe I'm totally wrong. I just assumed she was checking IV's

She checks if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed.

D-Pad

Glix said:
I don't do IV/EV stuff, so I really have no idea. Thanks for the infos regardless!

Yeah, me either. I just remember from the last games. :p Apparently each Pokemon can only gain a total 255 something EV's. Once you reach that limit, in the previous games at least, she'll give an effort ribbon to your Pokemon.

Boogiepop

Anyone want to trade me a Reshiram or Tornadus? I should be able to offer any breedable pokemon, Celebi, shiny Suicune or Entei, "Ash's Pikachu", Mew, Jirachi, Pikachu colored Pichu, and maaaybe some others (ask and I can check.) Anyone interested?

Raxus

Mank said:
Anyone want to trade me a Reshiram or Tornadus? I should be able to offer any breedable pokemon, Celebi, shiny Suicune or Entei, "Ash's Pikachu", Mew, Jirachi, Pikachu colored Pichu, and maaaybe some others (ask and I can check.) Anyone interested?
Let me test my luck at fishing out another Tornadus/Reshiram in GTS.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Ugghh. Really wish my 3DS would get here. Really want to go online and trade/battle with you guys and get my Victini. Damn DS and not supporting WPA. oh well, just beat nimbasa gym. Cool story swerve. Tried Battle Subway without spoilers and got owned. Need a slightly more rounded team. :p

Izayoi

Banned
Boney said:
Ok I'll try to do it without him.
You will miss out on something awesome.
When used in tandem, Zekrom and Reshiram's signature moves have the longest, most elaborate move animation in the series to date. It's pretty neat, and you'll never get a chance to see it again.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
When used in tandem, Zekrom and Reshiram's signature moves have the longest, most elaborate move animation in the series to date. It's pretty neat, and you'll never get a chance to see it again.

Aw, I played Black with the animations off. I guess I'll play through White with the animations on in a few weeks.

D-Pad

Izayoi said:

Wait what?!

I didn't use Zekrom's move on Reshiram, so I missed out?!
:(

D-Pad said:
Yeah, me either. I just remember from the last games. :p Apparently each Pokemon can only gain a total 255 something EV's. Once you reach that limit, in the previous games at least, she'll give an effort ribbon to your Pokemon.

I burned myself out last night trying to breed a high IV adamant axew, man is that rabbit hole deep...I've given up on it and just decided to sticking with breeding for natures. Never again for IVs lol

Suairyu

Banned
Zzoram said:
Why is Victini impossible to catch? It refuses to stay in a Pokeball after being in red hp and paralyzed.
Play at night and use Dusk Balls. Better than an Ultra Ball!

Or last 30 turns and use a Timer Ball. That shit will sink anything.

You could always try your luck and throw a quick ball in the first turn, too.

edit - Surf theme is as bitchin' as bike theme. This game has knocked it out of the park so much as soundtrack goes.

Neiteio

This game gives me anxiety like mad. I've been reading Smogon, and it feels like no matter how much work I put into a team, there will always be something to make it fold. It's frustrating, wanting to plan an airtight competitive team before commiting to the grind for natures and EVs. But really, it's a compliment to how well-designed the game is that the strategies are virtually limitless.

Btw, is there a straight-forward list anywhere of what Pokemon have been placed in what tiers (I.E. ubers, OUs, UUs, etc) at Smogon?

On another note, namely the designs of the characters themselves... Many I was wholly indifferent to before are really, really growing on me, in particular Unfezant, Throh and Virizion:

521.png

I encountered a wild male Unfezant in shaking grass on Route 6 (encountered a Leavanny this way as well!), and I just love how it feels like something out of real life while still having that distinct Pokemon character. Just the right blend of detail and simplicity. The male's plumage adds a splash of color that makes it stand out from past gens' "early birds," but the female is very elegant in her own right.

538.png

On paper, the idea of a Pokemon in a karate gi sounds generic as a Fighting-type could be, but then you add the egg-like build, the crisscrossing patterns, the unibrow/nose, and flat-tipped fingers, and you have a design that for whatever reason looks cooler everytime I see it. Surely I'm not the only one?

640.png

Up until this point I've been partial to Terrakion, and I still love the Rock/Fighting-type, but now his Grass-type sister is stealing my heart. Sleek, sleek, sleek, with pitch-perfect colors and a sense of "something special" that gives her that "mythical" presence. I may break my rule of not using legendaries on a team to experiment with her... Given how strong many of the regular Pokemon are (Haxorus, Chandelure, etc), the old mindset of avoiding legendaries seems backwards.

Well, just my two cents.

Izayoi

Banned
D-Pad said:
Wait what?!

I didn't use Zekrom's move on Reshiram, so I missed out?!
:(
Yup. First move of the battle is usually the first and last time you see it.

Zzoram said:
I finally caught it but it had a terrible Nature so I reset without saving and am redoing it.
You'll never use him in battle anyway, right? Don't do that to yourself.

Boney

Banned
Izayoi said:
Damn I missed out then :(

But Hydreigon is giving me shit and it's gonna kill me so I could try it with that.

Zzoram

Izayoi said:
You'll never use him in battle anyway, right? Don't do that to yourself.

I want a neutral or Modest nature though. He keeps getting reduced speed natures. Got Relaxed then Sassy. Going to try again.

Izayoi

Banned
Boney said:
Damn I missed out then :(

But Hydreigon is giving me shit and it's gonna kill me so I could try it with that.
As far as Hydregion goes, what do you have on your team as far as Fighting types? He's Dragon/Dark so if you can get a few Bulk Ups off then you're set. Stall on his early Pokemon to boost stats.

Gravijah said:
Am I the only one who looks at the old Gen I designs and feels... I dunno, bored? Maybe I just prefer the newer designs.
Most definitely not. As someone who adores Gen III and V I agree completely. The old designs are boring in comparison to the new stuff.

survivor

Banned
There is a guy in Opelucid City that wanted a Pokmeon with Charge but refused to accept my Blitzle. Does that mean I need one from Black? If so anyone willing to help? I will give you my Blitzle if that will do anything.

Suairyu

Banned
"A girl with everything! Well, everything but a place to put my Pokéballs!"
-a trainer in a bikini, surfing around on Route 17.

Oh. Dear. GameFreak.

Gravijah said:
Am I the only one who looks at the old Gen I designs and feels... I dunno, bored? Maybe I just prefer the newer designs.
Not really, every generation has it's boring designs, but if any one gen does I feel Gen II to be the weakest in that regard.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I like the small touches to make this feel like a new continent and culture, like how the badges are all long and narrow as opposed to the Japane-reigon circular/square style.

Raxus

Raxus said:
I dunno if it is just me, but connecting is a bitch in this game. Can someone help me with my Port Range Forwarding and assigning an IP to the DS via PM? Thanks.
Seriously, help me.

Woffls

borghe said:
Ugghh. Really wish my 3DS would get here. Really want to go online and trade/battle with you guys and get my Victini. Damn DS and not supporting WPA. oh well
Could you just drop your wireless security for enough time to get Victini? Better than risking not getting it in time. I actually dropped my security down to WEP just for my DS Lite. It'll go back up when I get my 3DS in TWELVE DAYS though ^_^

@Raxus - What do you need help with specifically? Have you found these options in your router settings pages yet? What model router do you have? Also, what else is on your network?

Roto13

survivor said:
There is a guy in Opelucid City that wanted a Pokmeon with Charge but refused to accept my Blitzle. Does that mean I need one from Black? If so anyone willing to help? I will give you my Blitzle if that will do anything.
I'll trade you my Blitzle from Black for your Blitzle from White. :p

Teknoman

Glix said:
She is on the first floor of the building and checks the lead pokemon...

She says "Your Magicarp... can still try harder" or something like that. Although maybe I'm totally wrong. I just assumed she was checking IV's

Could be EVs if it's try harder.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Chet Rippo said:
Not really, every generation has it's boring designs, but if any one gen does I feel Gen II to be the weakest in that regard.
Eh, for me it was IV. Waaay to many new evolutions that just looked like ugly "upgrades" to their old forms that didn't need to be made(I'm looking at you Magmortar and Tangela evolution).

Glix

survivor said:

Don't kill yourself trying to do this, you get a
cell battery

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
"A girl with everything! Well, everything but a place to put my Pokéballs!"
-a trainer in a bikini, surfing around on Route 17.

Oh. Dear. GameFreak.
Bahahaha.

Raxus said:
Seriously, help me.
It's a Nintendo problem. If you're having connection issues try again later.

Suairyu

Banned
Zzoram said:
Are there really that many people trolling for wifi networks to hack?
Erm, yes? If you live in a city, there's a high chance someone will be after free internet/extra bandwidth/another wire to commit illegal downloads on.

If you live in the country though, don't sweat it.

Zzoram said:
Are there really that many people trolling for wifi networks to hack?
Not really lol. I mean yea the basic hacker will crack it but unless you live in a big city you shouldn't worry that much, but still WEP sucks.

Woffls

Gravijah said:
I live in the middle of a ghetto, so I don't really think anyone around me is going to be stealing my WiFi.
I live next to a field and a forest, there ain't nobody trollin for wifi round these parts. I usually have static route IP's on my network but it got a bit messy recently so I just opened up DHCP as well. Need to make a table of some kind but there's like 20 devices on it >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom