• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzoram

Suairyu said:
Erm, yes? If you live in a city, there's a high chance someone will be after free internet/extra bandwidth/another wire to commit illegal downloads on.

If you live in the country though, don't sweat it.

MAC address filtering done, currently in the city and always just barely finish my months under my bandwidth cap

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
If you live in the country though, don't sweat it.
Living in the middle of nowhere is great sometimes.

Unless someone were to drive half an acre into my property there's no way they could steal my wi-fi, and even then they'd have to travel nearly a mile off of the nearest paved road to get to the edge of the lot.

Feels good, man.

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Living in the middle of nowhere is great sometimes.

Unless someone were to drive half an acre into my property there's no way they could steal my wi-fi, and even then they'd have to travel nearly a mile off of the nearest paved road to get to the edge of the lot.

Feels good, man.

I'm sure they'd rather steal your chickens, anyway.

Firestorm

Suairyu said:
HM Waterfall?

What on earth does that do and would I want to teach it to my main Water 'mon?
If you're main Water 'mon has higher attack than Special Attack, use Waterfall. If not, use Surf.

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
HM Waterfall?

Is your main Water Pokemon physical based? If so, yes. If not just toss it on a water Pokemon to use later.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
HM Waterfall?

It's used for post-game stuff, and only if your Water Pokemon is a physical attacker, and even then you probably have better options.

Cranzor said:
Should I have a Swadloon in my party or have an Emolga? And if Swadloon, how should I get it's happiness up?

Leave swadloon in your party, give it a soothe bell, get massages from Castelia City and go back to Nacrene city to ask the girl how the swadloon is doing once in a while. Took a bit for me but once its a leavanny, man does that thing hit like a truck. Only down side is the multiple weaknesses :/

Stubo

I made the mistake of starting Black last night while watching the Preds/Avs game. I have played another hour already today, I'm supposed to be writing an essay.

...and now I'm posting about it here, the time burning is increasing :(

Cranzor

razgriz417 said:
Leave swadloon in your party, give it a soothe bell, get massages from Castelia City and go back to Nacrene city to ask the girl how the swadloon is doing once in a while. Took a bit for me but once its a leavanny, man does that thing hit like a truck. Only down side is the multiple weaknesses :/

Alright, thanks. I love bug types and I need something that is strong against water too so that's what I was probably going to pick anyway. Now I need to decide if I'm going to try to get it to evolve now or wait 'till later... Pokemon decisions are serious business.

Looking back, it's interesting to see how far GF has come in trying to make cries, from composing little sound combos using GB hardware, to (probably) mixing and recording sounds in a studio, and placing them in the game as WAVs. Compare:

Gen 1
Gen 5

In some cases, the original cries are good enough to stand up (with a bit of touching up). In other cases...

Suairyu

Banned
Stumbled across
The P2 Laboratory
on Route 18.

Obtained the item within, but I imagine there is more to do here later, either as post-game or a WiFi event.

Teknoman

Gravijah said:
I live in the middle of a ghetto, so I don't really think anyone around me is going to be stealing my WiFi.

You'd be surprised (possibly by accident, but still).

EDIT: Yeah I really like Gen 5's cries.

Reich

Hey pok-gafers, what are the best :

- water type poke in this game?
- fire type poke in this game?
- grass type poke in this game?

Neiteio

I was reading about Durant, and I see that in the Dream World at some point (most likely Grey version) there will be a Durant with Truant for its ability. To refresh your memory, Truant is the ability Slaking has, where he can only attack every other turn. Thing is, Durant learns Entrainment, which gives the opponent its ability. This seems to have a lot of potential -- making your opponent's team only able to attack every other turn would be crippling indeed -- but I imagine there must be a catch. Do the effects of Entrainment wear off when the target switches or after a set period of time?

Reich said:
Hey pok-gafers, what are the best :

- water type poke in this game?
- fire type poke in this game?
- grass type poke in this game?

including or excluding the starters and legendaries ?

also i'm in need of vullaby, tepig, oshawott and a tortouga(sp?) . i have ditto , snivy , the white exclusives and a good amount of the new and old pokemon .my friend code is in the spreadsheet.

Gravijah

ryan-ts said:
Is there a reason why my Sawk's counter can't hit Reuniclus or is the game just being cheap?

It only counters physical moves.

Schmitty said:
I'm having White shipped from Amazon this week. Is the grass starter still a weak one? I'm choosing between him or the water type

Use who you like, though the water type is "better".

The_Technomancer said:
Once I tie my wi-fi data to a DS, is there any way to reset it to a different DS later? I'd lose my friend code, and everyone would have to re-add me, but I just want to know if it can be done without losing my save file.

Yes.

Schmitty

I'm having White shipped from Amazon this week. Is the grass starter still a weak one? I'm choosing between him or the water type

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Once I tie my wi-fi data to a DS, is there any way to reset it to a different DS later? I'd lose my friend code, and everyone would have to re-add me, but I just want to know if it can be done without losing my save file.

Schmitty said:

it doesn't really matter after the 3/4th gym anyway but yea you'd have a tougher time i suppose with snivy initially.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The_Technomancer said:
You can transfer WiFi settings from one DS to another.

Red

ryan-ts said:
Is there a reason why my Sawk's counter can't hit Reuniclus or is the game just being cheap?
Counter may only work on physical type moves, not sure. Reuniclus has mostly special attacks.

Cranzor said:
Alright, thanks. I love bug types and I need something that is strong against water too so that's what I was probably going to pick anyway. Now I need to decide if I'm going to try to get it to evolve now or wait 'till later... Pokemon decisions are serious business.

Well swadloon doesn't learn any new moves after lvl 20 so I just made it sit in my party until it was happy enough to evolve. And yea I'm trying to tweak my team at the moment. Right now my team consists of:

503.gif
571.gif
610.gif
560.gif
561.gif
542.gif

They're all around lvl 39 (except axew @ lvl 34) and I just got out of Twist mountain. My team seems a bit on the squishy side and I'm thinking about dropping Zoroark. As much as I like it, its become redundant with Scrafty being a dark/fighting. I'm not sure about Sigilyph either, anyone have a suggestion for another flying type and another beefier 'mon to replace Zoroark?

Izayoi

Banned
razgriz417 said:
They're all around lvl 39 (except axew @ lvl 34) and I just got out of Twist mountain. My team seems a bit on the squishy side and I'm thinking about dropping Zoroark. As much as I like it, its become redundant with Scrafty being a dark/steel. I'm not sure about Sigilyph either, anyone have a suggestion for another flying type and another beefier 'mon to replace Zoroark?
Archeops is one of the best non-Legendary flying types in all of Pokemon.

Also, Scrafty is Dark/Fighting. As far as replacing Zoroark, it looks like you're missing Fire and Electric. For Fire you could go with Volcarona and for Electric Eelektross is definitely not a bad choice.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
BGBW said:
You can transfer WiFi settings from one DS to another.
Cool.

Unfortunately whenever I try to connect, even a connection test in the DS firmware, I'm getting a weird 52700 error: "Nintendo WFC Connection Transfer", which makes no sense.

Boogiepop

Suairyu said:
And I want MewTwo restored to his place as most powerful Pokémon ever!
Psh, it's clearly time for Mewthree! Make sure to add some incredibly convoluted fake-sounding method of getting him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom