• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zumphry

Banned
Andrex said:
Amulet Coin + buying Bottled Water, Soda Pop, etc. instead of potions = Money money, everywhere

I have like 300k and I haven't even faced the Elite Four yet.

I've gotten better with using Super Repels and not Max Repels, but I guess I'm still bad when purchasing Potions and Super Potions. Though, where's
Moo Moo Milk
? I just got done with
Twist Mountain

Mank said:
Psh, it's clearly time for Mewthree! Make sure to add some incredibly convoluted fake-sounding method of getting him :)

you have to catch all the pokemon including the event pokemon, then you go to silph co where they take the genetics of all the pokemon and use them to make the ultimate pokeman, MEWTHREE, but it's not just given to you , after it is created it goes on a rampage and seeing you it teleports you and itself to a mysterious dimension where you do battle.

Suairyu

Banned
Mank said:
Psh, it's clearly time for Mewthree! Make sure to add some incredibly convoluted fake-sounding method of getting him :)
DoomXploder7 said:
you have to catch all the pokemon including the event pokemon, then you go to silph co where they take the genetics of all the pokemon and use them to make the ultimate pokeman, MEWTHREE, but it's not just given to you , after it is created it goes on a rampage and seeing you it teleports you and itself to a mysterious dimension where you do battle.
Both of you wasted a million man-hours of my childhood friends. I'd feel angry at you but they deserved it for being so gullible.

Balb

Was surprised when I went roaming around at how easy it is to obtain Kangaskhan in this game. It just appears in the wild like every other Pokemon. For my money it's probably been one of the hardest Pokemon to obtain 'til now (not counting r/b where you could give a rare candy to a level 0 Missingno to make it evolve into a Kangaskhan).

zumphry

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:

But you lose all of your Pokemon in the process, but they have babies which you have to catch in the Pal Park which allows you to catch them back.

The only pokemon you keep is a Pikachu.

Izayoi said:
Archeops is one of the best non-Legendary flying type in all of Pokemon.

Also, Scrafty is Dark/Fighting. As far as replacing Zoroark, it looks like you're missing Fire and Electric. For Fire you could go with Volcarona and for Electric Eelektross is definitely not a bad choice.

Good thing I got the archen fossil, guess its time to revive it. And thanks for the correction, that's what I meant lol. Where do you get Larvesta? I forgot I had a tynamo in the box, guess I can evolve it into Eelektross. Also, I do have a Zebstrika in a box that has flame charge would that work?

OK people what do you think of this?
Rate this pokemon setup.

Conkeldurr
item - IDK
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Sheer Force
EV's 252 attack, 124 HP, 124 Defense and the rest speed(I should do speed but I just want him to take hits too.)
Moves
-Mach Punch
-Rock Slide
-earthquake
-Poison jab

Help doing this all in my head so if someone can tell me what I should change tell me.
I would like to know if drain punch is effected by his ability though. Rock slide too?

Edit:Rock slide does work, good.

for new page

i'm in need of vullaby, tepig, oshawott and a tortouga(sp?) . i have ditto , snivy , the white exclusives and a good amount of the new and old pokemon .my friend code is in the spreadsheet(#63 to be exact).

Balb

Gravijah said:
Am I the only one who looks at the old Gen I designs and feels... I dunno, bored? Maybe I just prefer the newer designs.

I was just looking at the FR/LG sprites and they're gorgeous.

oh man... GTS negotiation is working, why not normal trades :(

Is it possible to meet up through that?

Or could I deposit a pokemon in GTS and then you trade for it, anything just to try?

Izayoi

Banned
razgriz417 said:
Good thing I got the archen fossil, guess its time to revive it. And thanks for the correction, that's what I meant lol. Where do you get Larvesta? I forgot I had a tynamo in the box, guess I can evolve it into Eelektross. Also, I do have a Zebstrika in a box that has flame charge would that work?
Larvesta is on Route 18. You can get him once you receive Surf.

Zebstrika is just not very good when compared to Volcarona (with the highest non-Legendary/non-pseudo base stat total in the game) and Eelektross (with no weaknesses and higher base stat totals).

Suairyu

Banned
Izayoi said:
Zebstrika is just not very good when compared to Volcarona (with the highest non-Legendary/non-pseudo base stat total in the game) and Eelektross (with no weaknesses and higher base stat totals).
This completely ignores the fact that an electric zebra is the best thing ever.

edit -

"I'll tell you why I was taking a break. I have trouble with my bikini. It could be washed away..."
-a swimmer on Route 17.

: /

Ravidrath

I really like Blitzle's design, but that line really is a disappointment in battle.

Shinx's line had the looks and the battle performance.

Izayoi said:

Ah ok thanks. Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Suairyu said:

edit -

"I'll tell you why I was taking a break. I have trouble with my bikini. It could be washed away..."
-a swimmer on Route 17.

I still think Blitzle and Zebstrika have the sweetest back animations that I've seen so far.

Forkball

Wow, walking across the Skyarrow Bridge was pretty amazing. A lot of people criticize the franchise for its graphics, but it constantly gives you some awe-inspiring sights.

Izayoi

Banned
Suairyu said:
Don't get me wrong, I think they're great design-wise. It's just that in battle they fall a little short.

Suairyu said:
-a swimmer on Route 17.

Amazing.

Gravijah

Oh my.
Volcarona at level 70 I can catch. Might add that to my team, too. But who would I replace...?

Balb said:
I was just looking at the FR/LG sprites and they're gorgeous.

Oh yeah, they are really good designs and I do like them. Maybe they're just too familiar these days, though.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, okay, when I get to Chargestone I want one of those electric fish. I assume I need a good rod or better? Where do I get a necessary rod?

Mr. Sam

UltimateIke said:
Trade it while it is holding the "Clean Scale" according to Serebii. It says you can find the scale on Route 13 or in Undella Town. http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/cleanscale.shtml

Thanks for the help, man. Appreciated very much.

However, checking Bulbapedia, it turns out I can catch a straight-up Milotoc at fishing spots. Would catching a ready-evolved one be detrimental in any way? I mean, if I want Feebas' pokedex entry I can just breed Milotoc. Also, how do I go about getting a "fishing spot" to appear? Just run up and down along the shore?

I'm doing this because I was going to compose a "coolest pokemon I've never played with", no legendaries, no starters team for a potential Black playthrough. So far I was thinking Milotoc, Tropius and Aggron. Any advice on that front? Basically, if it's Gen III or Gen IV, I probably haven't knowingly played with it.

The_Technomancer said:
Hm, okay, when I get to Chargestone I want one of those electric fish. I assume I need a good rod or better? Where do I get a necessary rod?

nope just need to go to the bottom most floor and it appears on land.
rod isnt til post game btw

Ravidrath

Sutton Dagger said:
Can I test on you mate? 3009 7599 2097

No errors... just seems to time out? But without really saying so. :\

Wonder if this is quake-related? Final Fantasy XI's and XIV's servers have shut down to conserve power, so this might be the same thing.

Or maybe they're patching GTS so you can list Cofagrious. :p

Still a no go, got a feeling it's my DSlite/WEP/Router settings and I don't have a clue what is wrong with it...

Looks like I won't be trading until I get a 3DS :(

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help, really appreciate you giving up your time. Back to the main quest for me.

The Technomancer

Izayoi said:

Eelektross will be great for a post-game team, but by the time I get to the E4 he'll probably still be stage 2, and I wouldn't want to evolve him until he hits 49 or so anyway. Stage 2 has worse base stats then Zebstrika.

Man, what a POS that last fight turns out to be.
How about his one Pokemon does not kill two thirds of my team inlcuding my newly caught legendary with one hit?
>:I

Izayoi

Banned
Okay, so I just wrote everything down, and this is what I need.

Sawk for ANY egg.
Tirtouga for ANY egg.
Tornadus for ANY egg.
Reshiram for ANY egg.

I know people probably don't want to part with Legendaries but I figure it's worth a shot. And by any egg, I mean ANY egg. Any Pokemon other that Tirtouga and Sawk that can breed and produce eggs and I can get it for you.

Let me know if you're interested.

slaughterking said:
Man, what a POS that last fight turns out to be.
How about his one Pokemon does not kill two thirds of my team inlcuding my newly caught legendary with one hit?
>:I
Yeah Hydreigon is a piece of shit.

Ravidrath

Izayoi said:

Sawk for ANY egg.
Tirtouga for ANY egg.
Tornadus for ANY egg.
Reshiram for ANY egg.

I know people probably don't want to part with Legendaries but I figure it's worth a shot. And by any egg, I mean ANY egg. Any Pokemon other that Tirtouga and Sawk that can breed and produce eggs and I can get it for you.

I've got some Tirtouga's handy - have any female starters?

Wilsongt

Right now I have:

Servine
Solosis
Sandile
Blitzle
Tranquill
Darumaka

Servine, Solosis, and Sandile are staying. Blitzle will be replaced by Tynamo when it comes along. Darumaka will most likely stay... I might toss away Tranquill for a Dragon at some point... Decisions, decisions...

Red

Wilsongt said:
I cannot figure out who I want to use... I know I need a water Pokemon at some point...
I'm the same way. My Pokemon Pearl team was based around Tyranitar, Metagross, and Garchomp, and they're great and all but I don't want to stick to the old routine. Tyranitar has been my go-to guy since Silver, but he admittedly causes trouble now that he calls a sandstorm when entered into battle.

In Pearl I also often used Alakazam for special attack and Wailord as a damage sponge.

I want Reuniclus, Musharna, Elektross, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Braviary, Volcarona.... and that's just gen V.

I still remember my R/B/Y team of Starmie, Alakazam, Butterfree, Gengar, Gyarados, and Chansey. I remember occasionally using Charizard and Blastoise to replace Butterfree, oh god the hours wasted raising all of them to level 100...

Izayoi said:

Sawk for ANY egg.
Tirtouga for ANY egg.
Tornadus for ANY egg.
Reshiram for ANY egg.

Yeah Hydreigon is a piece of shit.

i need a tepig and got a sawk laying around. my friend code is 3482 1927 1474

The Technomancer

Well my current plan is to have my story team be Servine, Carracosta, Klingklang, Gothitelle, Chandelure and Zebstrika. Thinking about swapping the Zebstrika out though, just not sure with what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom