• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
It just hit me I have 156 new Pokemon to look up the stats and movesets for.

And it gave me such a nerd-on. SO HYPED
Why are the last few Pokemon in the dex the most excruciating?

I'm so close, but fuck these friendship evolutions.

Most retarded thing evolution-wise ever. Holy shit.

UberTag

Izayoi said:

At least if you've got all of the event and legendary pokemon and you're just focusing on the last few evols, it's only a matter of persistence now. The tough part's already done.

Anyhow, 'cause people were asking about it you CAN change your multiplayer avatar in the game. It's initially tied to your Trainer ID but you can modify it anytime you wish. Serebii.net has all the details.

The only catch as far as avatars are concerned is you'll only be able to choose male avatars for the boy trainer and female avatars to represent the girl trainer. At least that's my understanding.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:

Heh I got all the crap done a few months ago so I don't have to worry about it now. :p At least 60 hours spent in the Safari Zone...

All I have to worry about are getting the new 156 Pokemon.

Izayoi

Banned
UberTag said:
At least if you've got all of the event and legendary pokemon and you're just focusing on the last few evols, it's only a matter of persistence now. The tough part's already done.
Andrex said:
Heh I got all the crap done a few months ago so I don't have to worry about it now. :p At least 60 hours spent in the Safari Zone...

All I have to worry about are getting the new 156 Pokemon.
480 captured. Literally all I have left are the happiness evolutions and handful of other easy ones.

I'm going insane here.

Izayoi said:

Yeah, trying to make them evolve just by training them is pretty annoying, since instead of getting happier with each battle, they only get more happiness when they level up. A much quicker way is maxing them out on Vitamins (which have the same effect on happiness as Leveling up) and then just riding around on your bike for a while (every 256 steps is another point of happiness, and it quickly gets quicker to get 256 steps then to level them up) if the Vitamins weren't enough. But really, the happiness from being maxed out on Vitamins followed by doing an Elite Four run with them holding an Experience Share should be enough to get them there.

In my first Platinum run-through, I actually caught a Budew pretty much as soon as I got to Eterna City and once I got to Oreburgh, I pretty much just kept running circles around the town until I had enough steps to make it evolve because I didn't want it to be stuck as a Budew until like the 5th gym or whenever it would have evolved. Boring, yes, but so worth it for the early Roselia. Even with just the Running Shoes and no Vitamins, I don't think it really took more than an hour or two of running around the town though, but that was a while ago so I don't really remember.

Alright! Time for some Black & White Action!
fgN4C.png

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Suairyu

Banned
I'm not complaining, but items keep appearing on my lillipup from nowhere. I just plucked a full heal off him. I mean, dogs always turn up with random items they found places, so maybe that's the case in the game?

Rokam

He has the ability Pickup which gives it a chance after each battle to find an item. The higher the level your pokemon is the better the item.

Suairyu

Banned
Rokam said:
He has the ability Pickup which gives it a chance after each battle to find an item. The higher the level your pokemon is the better the item.
Ah, thanks!

But in other news, screw him! I just found a super sweet looking electric horse called Blitzle and he HAS to be a part of my party. Damn thing is cool looking.

Izayoi

Banned
I now own one of every non Gen V Pokemon, including all alternate forms (even Unown).

I'm going to bed.

Fuck Gen II. Full of horrible stupid fucking evolutions and I want to fly to Japan and punch whoever thought they would be a good idea right in the fucking face.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm gonna feel all dumb when I finish the Elite Four with a Serperior whose moves consist of Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Giga Blade, and SolarBeam.

If it's not doing damage it's not worth it. That's been my mentality since Gen I.

Wiseblade

Regulus Tera said:
I'm gonna feel all dumb when I finish the Elite Four with a Serperior whose moves consist of Leaf Blade, Leaf Storm, Giga Blade, and SolarBeam.

If it's not doing damage it's not worth it. That's been my mentality since Gen I.
Then clearly you've never used Swords Dance before. :p

SoGood.gif

Regulus Tera said:

lol

Wiseblade

Gravijah said:
Best of the
Team battle themes, for sure. Shit is good.
I liked
Team Galactic's theme more, but the victory music for when you beat a team plasma member is amazing.

beje

Banned
Finally at the Elite 4!

Team:
- Hoggy (Swoobat) -> Lv.51 (modest!)
- Zalf (Leavanny) -> Lv.52
- Pantsu (Scrafty) -> Lv.52. Moxie ability
- 3 HM slaves

UberTag said:
Anyhow, 'cause people were asking about it you CAN change your multiplayer avatar in the game. It's initially tied to your Trainer ID but you can modify it anytime you wish. Serebii.net has all the details.

The only catch as far as avatars are concerned is you'll only be able to choose male avatars for the boy trainer and female avatars to represent the girl trainer. At least that's my understanding.

I still hope that when Pokemon goes 3D it'll have a character creator at the start so we can choose how we look through the game and online, with consistent looks and fully customisable. It'd be awesome if you could buy new accessories and outfits for your character to wear in shops too.

Like a more advanced version of the Pokemon Battle Revolution avatar system, really.

Arren

Got my Black Version yesterday and currently I'm at the point where I achieved the first two badges.

So far I'm really impressed. The game is not only enticing, varied and fun as this series has always been. It's also already incredibly smooth and consistent if compared to previous entries, even to HG/SS to a degree.

The battles are really fast, all the animations are so fluid, menus are smartly organised and very convenient, to the extent that it makes every casual encounter in the wild a pleasure to engage and behold.

I'm also appreciating the music and the little touches and nuances it adds to the experience.
Team Plasma's battle theme
is really cool, but even the normal Trainer Battle song sounds nice and perfectly underlines the heat of the duels. Besides, meeting musicians in the game and hearing the ongoing music change dynamically in accordance to their instrument brought more than a smile!

A great start so far. :)

colinp

Banned
Arren said:
Got my Black Version yesterday and currently I'm at the point where I achieved the first two badges.

So far I'm really impressed. The game is not only enticing, varied and fun as this series has always been. It's also already incredibly smooth and consistent if compared to previous entries, even to HG/SS to a degree.

The battles are really fast, all the animations are so fluid, menus are smartly organised and very convenient, to the extent that it makes every casual encounter in the wild a pleasure to engage and behold.

I'm also appreciating the music and the little touches and nuances it adds to the experience.
Team Plasma's battle theme
is really cool, but even the normal Trainer Battle song sounds nice and perfectly underlines the heat of the duels. Besides, meeting musicians in the game and hearing the ongoing music change dynamically in accordance to their instrument brought more than a smile!

A great start so far. :)

Could you double check whether the back of the box or the booklet has a warning about only working with your region's DSi's?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Watch Da Birdie said:
Wanting to Train a Druddigon?
jpoby.gif

I just realized that I have like 30 of these in my Japanese Black because I was breeding to get an Adamant one so, if you'd like to use a Druddigon through your playthrough (you can't get him till Gym 7!), just hit me up. I don't care who you trade for, as I like collecting Pokemon with different OTs.

EDIT: This will also unlock the Unity Tower since it's a WiFi trade for a non-US/EU Pokemon, I believe.
If there are any left at this point I'll take one. About to go to the Liberty Gardens with the temptation to replace my starter with Victini.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
seady said:
Which one has less people playing? White or Black? I want to get the one with less people playing.

According to polls, it looks like Black is slightly unfavored at around 55/45

Arren

colinp said:
Could you double check whether the back of the box or the booklet has a warning about only working with your region's DSi's?
I just carefully checked both the back of the outer box and the instruction booklet and there's no mention whatsoever of any restricted compatibility with a certain region.

Bear in mind though that my copy is an italian (european) version.

Gravijah

So, I found a wiggling grass spot and
the battle music was different, and an Audino popped out. What exactly does that do? Make rarer Pokemon pop out?

Merovin

Gravijah said:
So, I found a wiggling grass spot and
the battle music was different, and an Audino popped out. What exactly does that do? Make rarer Pokemon pop out?

Plus they provide a tonne of exp.

Izayoi

Banned
Somebody should explain to me what exactly this is before I drive to Target at 5:30AM based off of 4chan hearsay.

GUJsR.jpg

Gravijah

Izayoi said:
Somebody should explain to me what exactly this is before I drive to Target at 5:30AM based off of 4chan hearsay.

http://i.imgur.com/GUJsR.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

What the fuck, I want one of those. >:(

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
What the fuck, I want one of those. :mad:
According to several places now you get it at Target free when you buy the game first day.

I was just wondering if somebody more trustworthy than 4chan or gamefaqs could give me the low down before I drive 45 minutes and waste a bunch of gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom