• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna leave for Walmart soon, hopefully they have it. I have never gone there at midnight before to buy a game, but I have seen advertisements for others games being launched then, so I hope they have it...>_>;

So what are these Dream World Abilities I'm reading about? Is that the ability your pokes only have when they're in this dream world? The pokemon you catch there have it? Because I'm seeing some really cool stuff, if it's not just restricted to some minigame or whatever.

MidnightScott said:
Gonna leave for Walmart soon, hopefully they have it. I have never gone there at midnight before to buy a game, but I have seen advertisements for others games being launched then, so I hope they have it...>_>;
You could call ahead, make sure you don't go over there for nothing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
New Pokemon is mine!

Quiet the line too. Really crappy DSi picture, but this should give you an idea of the line:
Pokeline.JPG

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MacGurcules said:
So what are these Dream World Abilities I'm reading about? Is that the ability your pokes only have when they're in this dream world? The pokemon you catch there have it? Because I'm seeing some really cool stuff, if it's not just restricted to some minigame or whatever.

Pokemon you catch in the Dream World sometimes have a special Dream World-only ability, which you can use when you send them back to your game.

Teknoman

D-Pad said:
^ YAY! Still got a wait nine more hours. :D Time really flew since these games were announced last year. I remember thinking how long a wait it was going to be. I wonder how many wish they got that time back? I sort of do...

If the videos are anything to go by, it's the ID trainer thing. :\

Actually I kinda like it that way. At least it doesnt look like you're fighting clones right? :D

I just hope I dont get a lame looking trainer.

upJTboogie said:
You could call ahead, make sure you don't go over there for nothing.
Yes, but oftentimes a phone call doesn't get them to try as hard than if the customer is actually there in person. They could see that it isn't on the shelves, assume it isn't being sold yet, and tell you they don't have it. Or, you could ask them to check the back for you and they could put you on hold and pretend to do it while not actually checking. When I worked at KMart a lot of employees pulled that exact stunt frequently, but they would always actually go to the back and check if the customer was there in person.

Shakala

Had to pick up a chicken nugget meal for the hours I'm gonna be up tonight

EDIT: My body is ready.

Also 23 here

Teknoman

Funny looking at youtube comments for the official trailer.

"omg i'm 16 and still want to play this game!"

" I admit it, i'm 15 and like pokemon!"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:

Hard to believe they were 7 years old when Ruby and Sapphire came out.

vhfive

Teknoman said:

23 and only slightly ashamed.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Happy Pokemon day motherfuckers. Getting my copy later on tomorrow.

You all better hurry up and beat it too. I can't start my journey until someone can get me a Squirtle.

Tradition is tradition.

20 years old, here. Been a fan since waaaaay back with Blue. Brofists all around!

Only a few hours until I have White in my hands!

daffy

Banned
Izayoi said:
Older than that, and fuck what other people think.

Pokemon is awesome.
Amen. The day I stop doing things I love because of other people, is the day I scatter my ashes around Long Beach.

Styles

So pre-ordering now only yields 3 stylus' without the case while the price still remains unchanged. Never going to take my brother's advice again by waiting a few days before release to pre-order, wtf.
I'm better off buying at JB-Hifi on release day instead of getting ripped off by EBgames by 15NZD. ;;

ReiGun

Just turned 22 (birthday ended an hour ago) and my body couldn't be more ready. Gonna pick mine up first thing in the morning.

Shakala

So what age are the main characters supposed to be in this game? I'd have loved to have a nice big flat screen in my room when I was younger.
and my own Pokemon

It's funny how younger kids playing Call of Duty find Pokemon kiddy but a lot of the pokemon fans are above 20. CoD is for kids, Pokemon is for the grown ups.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shakala said:
So what age are the main characters supposed to be in this game? I'd have loved to have a nice big flat screen in my room when I was younger.
and my own Pokemon

Around 14 I believe.

D-Pad

Drkirby said:
New Pokemon is mine!

Quiet the line too. Really crappy DSi picture, but this should give you an idea of the line:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/Pokeline.JPG[img][/QUOTE]

Shit dude... Where are you located? I hope I don't have any problems getting this thing tomorrow...

Andrex said:
Pokemon you catch in the Dream World sometimes have a special Dream World-only ability, which you can use when you send them back to your game.
Rad. Moxie Heracross, here I come
eventually

Izayoi

Banned
Fantasy Final said:
It's funny how younger kids playing Call of Duty find Pokemon kiddy but a lot of the pokemon fans are above 20. CoD is for kids, Pokemon is for the grown ups.
They're too dark and edgy for Pokemon.

Andrex said:
Around 14 I believe.
Somewhere around there. I think that White in the manga is pushing 18, though. She owns her own company.

In any case, they're much older than the characters that came before them.

Zzoram

Shakala said:
and my own Pokemon

Ash was 10 when he set out on his adventure.

Red

So I'll be getting White on Tuesday and was wondering on thoughts for this all-mustachioed team:

Jellicent
Samurott
Stoutlan
Haxorus
Mienshao
Liepard

You guys think these are a good selection to demonstrate facial hair this latest generation?

NeoForte

Shakala said:
and my own Pokemon

To me they look about 15 or so. Kinda neat them not being preteens in these games :eek:

Zzoram said:
So does your in-game trainer name matter? Is it what people see in multiplayeR?
Yeah, I believe it shows to people you play with. Also, all of your pokemon are marked with the name of who they originally came from. So if you want to trade, don't use anything embarrassing, your real name if you don't want people knowing, etc.

Kintaco

_Alkaline_ said:
Anyone who goes to college can attest to how popular Pokemon is.
Really? I just went back to college after an 8 year hiatus, it will be interesting to see if this is true.

zumphry

Banned
Can't wait until I finally go to bed so I can get up and start training my AMERIHAWK as soon as I start White.

zePuL.png

sogood.gif

why does it take so long to even get rufflet? wtf gamefreak i wanna be all AMERICA FUCK YEAH on people :[

D-Pad

Hanzou said:
How many save slots are there? My wife may want to give this a try
One. My early life with Pokemon games were filled with rage and tears from overwritten save files. I was incredibly happy when my siblings got their own versions.

Why am I still awake?! Tomorrow is Pokemon!

Well I knew my Walmart wouldn't have it. Guess I'll go to GameStop at 9 AM, but I probably won't be awake then anyhow. Might as well buy it at Best Buy lol.

There was no one in site to harass about getting the game from the back as expected. Was looking forward to having a whole day to play the game before I have to return to shitty work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom