• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, so Victini learns moves from level 1 meaning it has forgotten them by the time you catch it. Does that mean you somehow have to breed it?

Suairyu

Banned
Negator said:
I just beat an Audino in tall grass

MASSIVE exp.
You can spawn them by creating shaking grass. Shaking grass spawns roughly every 200 steps, so find an open space next to a patch of grass, then walk back and forth until one of the grass spaces starts shaking. Walk in and Audino appears! (or whatever the shaking grass Pokémon of that particular area is). Great way to very quickly level.

Gravijah

BGBW said:
Wait, so Victini learns moves from level 1 meaning it has forgotten them by the time you catch it. Does that mean you somehow have to breed it?

Move relearner guy thing. Teaches you forgotten moves.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Izayoi said:
So nobody knows anything about the artbook?
Their weekly ad says you get a "Pokemon Art Portfolio ($8 value)" with every purchase (While supplies last) and that it is a Target Exclusive.

Wichu

Drkirby said:
Heh, the "Your Pokemon is about to die!" beeping now goes to the rhythm of the music, love it.
Technically, the beeping is part of the music track. It has some effects on it as well (fading in/out, stuttering). Preferable by far to the old beep overlay track :p

Izayoi

Banned
Drkirby said:
Their weekly ad says you get a "Pokemon Art Portfolio ($8 value)" with every purchase (While supplies last) and that it is a Target Exclusive.
Hm... Do you think they'll just have it sitting out for separate purchase?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nope. At best you could buy it and return it the next day, but even then they may have the art book thing packed into the box.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
Doubtful.
Drkirby said:
Nope. At best you could buy it and return it the next day, but even then they may have the art book thing packed into the box.
Why put a value on it and get my hopes up? Fuck me.

Guess I'm changing stores for the third time, then.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
When can I trade pokemons! I want to trade my second Lillipup for something so I can have the XP boost!

Drkirby said:
When can I trade pokemons! I want to trade my second Lillipup for something so I can have the XP boost!

After the first gym. I think you might need the C-Gear too but thats right afterwards.

Mafro

R8vzel.jpg

Love it.

Suairyu

Banned
So what country is everyone from? We could totes trade easy to come by Pokémon amongst countries to unlock floors of the Unity tower, right?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I was just given a free Monkey :D

Now I must breed it so I can trade it for the other 2 monkeys. Where are the dittos!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Drkirby said:

Now I must breed it so I can trade it for the other 2 monkeys. Where are the dittos!
You can just catch the monkeys later on.

Suairyu

Banned
Drkirby said:

They are common Pokémon, not one offs. But you won't see any dittos until after the Elite Four when you get the National Dex.

EDIT - also, I swear these monkies are more useless than Snivy. My Panpour is terrible.

Suairyu

Banned
Holy-! Was Audino farming and in the shaking grass spawned a Sawk instead (Pinwheel Forest, the outside part). Must have a reaaaaally low spawn rate because I've fought about 20 Audinos so far. He looks like a leaner version of Throh. Hopefully he'll be as awesome.

Because seriously, Throh is a ridiculous powerhouse.

JADS

Anyone have a tip for a decent electric Pokémon (I am in Nimbasa City)? Blitzle doesn't seem to cut it it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Suairyu said:
Holy-! Was Audino farming and in the shaking grass spawned a Sawk instead. Must have a reaaaaally low spawn rate because I've fought about 20 Audinos so far. He looks like a leaner version of Throh. Hopefully he'll be as awesome.

Because seriously, Throh is a ridiculous powerhouse.
Oh so that's why I didn't come across one. I thought he was a seasonal critter. Guess I'll run around to catch one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Has anyone tried the Hi-Link System yet, aka the 2-player Local Wireless mode?

I missed out on it (and Black City) in my Japanese version since I had no one to play with but now that I'm getting another version (hopefully I can do a trans-regional local hookup!), I can't wait to try it out. Basically, the Hi-Link have these little missions you can complete in order to unlock special items to help you in the main game. For example, you can actually score an item that gives you more EXP.

9BR

Neo Member
Dammit, I want to play Pokemon again but I barely have the time.
Holiday is starting soon though. I have something to look forward to :)

Gravijah

Watch Da Birdie said:

I missed out on it (and Black City) in my Japanese version since I had no one to play with but now that I'm getting another version (hopefully I can do a trans-regional local hookup!), I can't wait to try it out. Basically, the Hi-Link have these little missions you can complete in order to unlock special items to help you in the main game. For example, you can actually score an item that gives you more EXP.

Aww man, I'm not getting White until the 3DS comes out. Boo!

Arren

Watch Da Birdie said:

I haven't had yet the opportunity to try it out, even though I already unlocked it.

Is it available through Local Wireless only?

Suairyu

Banned
Oh man, the eternal debate - let the Pokémon evolve or see if it'll learn a really damaging move soon? Purrloin just reached level 20. I have postponed the process for now.

Gravijah

The new gates are so fucking good.

Suairyu said:
Oh man, the eternal debate - let the Pokémon evolve or see if it'll learn a really damaging move soon? Purrloin just reached level 20. I have postponed the process for now.

Thanks, I needed that information.

Wiseblade

There's no Trainer ID lottery in this game, is there? So I can just release all of the duplicates I accumulated over the past two generations?

Suairyu

Banned
Gravijah said:
Thanks, I needed that information.
Either you're welcome or apologies for spoiling you? I can never tell your tone.

EDIT - actually, on that note, what are our communal policies regarding what is and what is not a spoiler? People here are putting spoiler tags on Team Plasma, and that's in the goddamn OP.

Gravijah

Suairyu said:
Either you're welcome or apologies for spoiling you? I can never tell your tone.

Haha, no, I really did. I was curious when he evolved cause so far he isn't cutting it but goddamn it it's a cat and I will persevere!

Wiseblade

Blu_LED said:
Should I download the Liberty Pass now, or after I beat the game? I feel like it's kind of cheating to get a Legendary that early.
Download the pass now, and catch Victini later.

Suairyu

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Should I download the Liberty Pass now, or after I beat the game? I feel like it's kind of cheating to get a Legendary that early.
It's only level 15, so by the time you get to it you can just treat it like another member of your party.

Whatever you decide, get the liberty pass as soon as you can; you don't have to go catch Victini. As it's a limited time event, better to get the pass as soon as you can rather than wait on it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Blu_LED said:
Well you should get the pass as soon as possible.
As for using it I'd say there is no harm in doing it now. There are a few trainers on the island so you can benefit by going there early in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom