• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Nope.

The Sports Domes in the 4th Gym City are the best rematch locations. Full of trainers each day, and post-game they're up to using Lv. 60 Pokemon. There are a few other locations with rematches as well (The Royal Unova, for example), but no way to rematch normal trainers.

Anyway, parents are picking it up when I'm at work, so when I get home at 8:00 it's Pokemon all night! I'll try to get you folks who asked for the Crimgan too when I get home.

Suairyu

Banned
seady said:
Which one is more fun to play? Black City or White Forest?
Do you have aspirations of catching them all (at least the Unova native Pokémon)?

Do you like the process of raising Pokémon from weaklings or do you prefer fun battles?

Do you prefer a technological aesthetic or a rural one?

White - Access to low level Pokémon not found in Black, rural aesthetic
Black - Access to high-level and challenging fights not found in White, technological aesthetic

Determine what you find more fun, then buy based on that.

Watch Da Birdie said:
Nope.

The Sports Domes in the 4th Gym City are the best rematch locations. Full of trainers each day, and post-game they're up to using Lv. 60 Pokemon. There are a few other locations with rematches as well (The Royal Unova, for example), but no way to rematch normal trainers.

Anyway, parents are picking it up when I'm at work, so when I get home at 8:00 it's Pokemon all night! I'll try to get you folks who asked for the Crimgan too when I get home.
What timezone are you in? I'm Pacific and I have work until 4:30 today, a half-hour commute assuming no accidents, plus I plan on eating dinner before I set up my new DSi (It may be my last meal for a few days) so I need to know when to send you my FC.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
"The Pokemon Global Link is Coming March 30"

D:

At least now I can trade pokemons. Who wants to trade pokemons!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Blu_LED said:
Should I download the Liberty Pass now, or after I beat the game? I feel like it's kind of cheating to get a Legendary that early.

Victini is powerful, but you might opt to use a number of Fire types over him regardless because of the raw power behind something like Darmanitan. He's not Kyogre level powerful, and more in line with Jirachi, Celebi, and Manaphy.

And even if you don't want to use him right now, you can at least obtain him and stuff him in a box. That way you don't forget.

Gravijah said:
Is there an item to re-battle trainers? Probably not... Sigh.

Post Elite 4, just visit the sports hall every day. You'll have around 20 trainers to fight each day. All level 60+ teams too.

Gravijah

If anyone wants to exchange friend codes, please PM me your FC and I'll respond back with mine when I get a chance. Gotta head back to sleep soon.

Calcaneus

Ugh, the only thing keeping me from getting Black is the pokemon exclusive to white forest. Is that really the only way to get a goddamn Ghastly without having to trade?

This decision is going to kill me.

Ive got a sweet system in place that I started since diamond/pearl.

My GF and another firend of mine afe gettng it today. Were each choosing ia diff starter. We all stop ateach gym once we recieve the badge then battle. So we meet up jat the same points in progress, giving us another goal to make us get stronger.

Itslots of fun haveping real life rivals lol. By stoppng and battling at each badge it works really well. Im getting Black and White that way I have something to play inbetween waiting a day or so for them.

Merovin

Calcaneus said:
Ugh, the only thing keeping me from getting Black is the pokemon exclusive to white forest. Is that really the only way to get a goddamn Ghastly without having to trade?

This decision is going to kill me.

If you do get Black, any of us here who have White would be happy to send a Ghastly your way once you've got the National Dex.

HenryGale said:
Ive got a sweet system in place that I started since diamond/pearl.

My GF and another firend of mine afe gettng it today. Were each choosing ia diff starter. We all stop ateach gym once we recieve the badge then battle. So we meet up jat the same points in progress, giving us another goal to make us get stronger.

Itslots of fun haveping real life rivals lol. By stoppng and battling at each badge it works really well. Im getting Black and White that way I have something to play inbetween waiting a day or so for them.

I'm doing the same with one of my mates, shame there's only the two of us though. It really does add to the experience and make it that much more enjoyable. I did the exact same as well, playing White to keep with them, and Black to race off on my own. :p

Mafro said:
R8vzel.jpg

Love it.

Deal with it gentleman style?

OMG Aero

Gravijah said:
...Why the hell doesn't the Pokemon Global Link open until the 30th? Christ...
Because when the Japanese games launched the website had to go down because of how much traffic it was getting. If Global Link was open now there would be too many people using it for it to work properly.

They are also closing Global Link in Japan soon until the 30th to redesign the website for all regions.

Suairyu

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Because when the Japanese games launched the website had to go down because of how much traffic it was getting. If Global Link was open now there would be too many people using it for it to work properly.

They are also closing Global Link in Japan soon until the 30th to redesign the website for all regions.
So now, instead of it crashing on launch day, it'll crash on the 30th of April?

Calcaneus

Merovin said:
If you do get Black, any of us here who have White would be happy to send a Ghastly your way once you've got the National Dex.
Ah cool, yeah I may have to rely on trading, because for the most part Black does look more appealing.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Got mine!

But first, I'm going to do the Celebi event in SoulSilver just so I can say I completed that game before moving on.

Fucking hell...

First I went to Walmart at midnight...no one was in the electronics and the game wasn't on the shelf.

Then I went to GameStop because it said they were opening at 9 AM. It was 9:15 and I called and the guy was like "we are opening at 10." I got there before he even did, bastard.

So I called the other GameStop and was gonna drive there and I forgot there was a Target. Ended up getting a bonus art folio with it:

196825_10150099656941646_685251645_6878785_3322295_n.jpg

199873_10150099667721646_685251645_6878892_133565_n.jpg

I even did a quick video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b7ys3uoyyU

Kind of surprised at the lack of a pre-order bonas at Gamestop. I would have liked a little statue, like I got with Platinum and HG/SS.

Wichu

MidnightScott said:
So I called the other GameStop and was gonna drive there and I forgot there was a Target. Ended up getting a bonus art folio with it:
What's inside? Looks pretty neat.

How come the OP says "you will ONLY encounter the 156 new Pokemon..." and then shows older Pokemon as the main difference between the games lower down?

PumpkinPie said:
How come the OP says "you will ONLY encounter the 156 new Pokemon..." and then shows older Pokemon as the main difference between the games lower down?

Older ones only show up after the main story has been completed.

Lkr

Ugh, I don't understand this game or which Pokemon are good yet, creating frustration. I have:
Oshawatt lv16
Pansear lv12
Lillipup lv14
Blitzle lv9(just caught)
Patrat lv7(i see it as being useless)

I'm in the town with the second gym. Am I doing good or not? I'd like some feedback from those farther along. My DS has also just got more of a workout than it has in the past year, I need to find a goddamn charger.

Plasmid

Snivy son.

Got celebi, but i don't have 2 DS' so i'm fucked. :(

Also, i couldn't get on wifi anywhere (even mcdonalds) so i guess i'm fucked out of victini until spring break at home.

sigh.

Plasmid said:
Snivy son.

Got celebi, but i don't have 2 DS' so i'm fucked. :(

Also, i couldn't get on wifi anywhere (even mcdonalds) so i guess i'm fucked out of victini until spring break at home.

sigh.
Starbucks?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Lkr said:
I'm in the town with the second gym. Am I doing good or not? I'd like some feedback from those farther along. My DS has also just got more of a workout than it has in the past year, I need to find a goddamn charger.
Well I suggest levelling up a bit more before facing the second gym. It's easy to grind just to the west of the town. Run around until you see a shaking patch of grass for easy EXP.

I always go into Pokemon blind and catch them simply by looks. Kind of like my team at the moment but I'm sure a few will get swapped out once I see some newer critters.

Xena

So, ended up getting white version in order to get Zekrom! It's been a while since I last played Pokémon, that's for sure... XD

Boogiepop

:( Amazon hasn't shipped my White yet, despite sending out my friend's Black yesterday (and he preordered notably later than I did). Damn you Amazon.

Suairyu

Banned
Just when I thought a gorgeous-looking electric horse like Blitzle couldn't get any better, he learns a fire attack that does good damage and raises his speed. Pinwheel forest is going down. All of it.

seady

I am always attracted to the Water-starter, but every Pokemon game is also filled with shit ton of Water type Pokemon (and very little grass and fire in comparison), so if I choose the water-starter, that means I won't get to pick from many other awesome water type (unless I want more than one water-type which is not ideal).

So this time I am going to go with Snivy.

Wiseblade

seady said:
I am always attracted to the Water-starter, but every Pokemon game is also filled with shit ton of Water type Pokemon (and very little grass and fire in comparison), so if I choose the water-starter, that means I won't get to pick from many other awesome water type (unless I want more than one water-type which is not ideal).

So this time I am going to go with Snivy.
Funnily enough, I've found this B/W's water selection kind of lackluster, the I was really impressed by the grass layout.

Snivy still rules all though.

Mank said:
:( Amazon hasn't shipped my White yet, despite sending out my friend's Black yesterday (and he preordered notably later than I did). Damn you Amazon.

What I've noticed with Amazon is that if your item is in a warehouse that is physically closer to you, they take longer to start shipping, but they do arrive within their estimated dates (at least for Prime)

JackEtc

I haven't played Pokemon in years, and now I'm getting all hyped up by this thread, can't wait to get it!

I hope Amazon delivers my DSi bundle on Monday, not Tuesday.

backlot

razgriz417 said:
What I've noticed with Amazon is that if your item is in a warehouse that is physically closer to you, they take longer to start shipping, but they do arrive within their estimated dates (at least for Prime)
I ordered Black on Amazon and it had an estimated delivery date of Wednesday but for some reason they shipped it out yesterday and changed the delivery date to Monday. I'm not complaining but it's kinda strange.

This gen specifically seems lighter on water types. Mainly, I guess, due to the much reduced presence of water routes and fishing spots. I didn't really like Oshawott at first, but the anime made me love the little guy.

backlot said:
I ordered Black on Amazon and it had an estimated delivery date of Wednesday but for some reason they shipped it out yesterday and changed the delivery date to Monday. I'm not complaining but it's kinda strange.

Yea actually, that happened to me too, my White version should be coming in tomorrow and I just got the email saying the $10 credit has been posted on my account. Glad I didn't pay the extra $4 for one day shipping :)

Teknoman

Toys R Us has a buy 1 get one 50% off on all DS games. So if you need to get a version for you and someone else (or both for yourself), give it a shot. Hopefully they'll still have the game when I get there.

Delio

Wiseblade said:
Funnily enough, I've found this B/W's water selection kind of lackluster, the I was really impressed by the grass layout.

Snivy still rules all though.

There is a lack of water types in the game for sure. You get at most three i think that arent on a water route. (i might be missing a few)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom