• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

beje

Banned
beje said:
Finally at the Elite 4!

Team:
- Hoggy (Swoobat) -> Lv.51 (modest!)
- Zalf (Leavanny) -> Lv.52
- Pantsu (Scrafty) -> Lv.52. Moxie ability
- 3 HM slaves

Quoting myself to say I already beat the game with a 31 hour mark more or less. I didn't rush it (if I did, with a lot of Repels, probably could have been able to do it in under 16 hours more or less), but didn't bother with many optional stuff except backtracking to explore areas blocked by HMs and catch some legendaries available before the Elite 4.

Oh, and during the Elite 4... (spoilers spoilers spoilers!)
- Didn't lose or restart a single time. Scrafty is a fucking steamroller against 75% of the Pokémon you'll face there.
- Caught Reshiram with an Ultra Ball, still have the Master Ball untouched.
- Refused to use Reshiram against N and Ghechis, used my three bros instead
- Fuck Yeah!

Glix

Got the URLAY yesterday and played for 9+ hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got up to being able to bring my specials over!! Woot!

IzOYB.jpg

If anyone wanted confirmation in photo proof, yes, my PAL Pokemon White runs on my Japanese DSiLL.

beje

Banned
vcassano1 said:
31 Hours, seriously? I am at 20 and I just beat the 3rd gym leader.
It depends a lot on your play style. If you know what you're doing and don't waste many time grinding or doing minigames, it's a pretty short game.

That, and because I never battle wild pokémon unless I'm seriously underleveled or planned the party wrong thus getting my ass kicked at a gym.

D-Pad

Excuse me! How are the hell are toddlers able to do battle?! Just got my ass handed to me by a 12 month old and his damn Pansage. :\

Just traded my Victini for another one to get the EXP boost. I'm just glad it didn't have a Japanese nickname like all the other Pokemon I got through GTS so far. :lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
D-Pad said:
Excuse me! How are the hell are toddlers able to do battle?! Just got my ass handed to me by a 12 month old and his damn Pansage. :\
I've never understood how the youngsters have Pokemon and yet from the get go we're told you have to be of a certain age to be a trainer. ಠ_ಠ

BGBW said:
I've never understood how the youngsters have Pokemon and yet from the get go we're told you have to be of a certain age to be a trainer. ಠ_ಠ

maybe you need to be 10+ to leave your home and they are just pokemon school going kids around their home/city with a pokemon or 2. still weird they are allowed to challenge you to battles.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Lkr said:
Ugh, I don't understand this game or which Pokemon are good yet, creating frustration. I have:
Oshawatt lv16
Pansear lv12
Lillipup lv14
Blitzle lv9(just caught)
Patrat lv7(i see it as being useless)

I'm in the town with the second gym. Am I doing good or not? I'd like some feedback from those farther along. My DS has also just got more of a workout than it has in the past year, I need to find a goddamn charger.

Don't be frustrated.

You might be spreading your Experience points a bit thin, because you're leveling up an entire team so early.

I recommend capturing a bunch of Pokemon, and seeing who you like. If you find a few that really seem to fit, use them only. Don't level up something like Patrat if you find it underwhelming. It's just taking experience away from Oshawatt, Lillipup and Pansear.

There will always be more Pokemon later, so don't worry about carrying a full team all the time.

Dystify

Just beat the 2nd Gym. Loving the game so far, it feels so fresh compared to the previous versions. Also loving the music up to this point! 5 hours in.

beje

Banned
EvilMario said:
Don't be frustrated.

You might be spreading your Experience points a bit thin, because you're leveling up an entire team so early.

I recommend capturing a bunch of Pokemon, and seeing who you like. If you find a few that really seem to fit, use them only. Don't level up something like Patrat if you find it underwhelming. It's just taking experience away from Oshawatt, Lillipup and Pansear.

There will always be more Pokemon later, so don't worry about carrying a full team all the time.

Besides, carrying so many pokémon from the beginning is the best way to get your ass stuck grinding for really easy gyms. I usually use only 3 but I've been able to do some runs using just two. Also, don't be OCD about their levels. There's nothing wrong about having something 5 levels above the rest if it's steamrolling the area you're currently playing. That means easy and quick exp!

KingK

Ok GAF, this will be the deciding factor in my choice between Snivy and Oshawott. How early in the game can I get that Water/Ghost jellyfish?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What are the drawbacks of playing this on a DSlite? Just no ability to use WPA2? Or are there other features not supported?

beje

Banned
KingK said:
Ok GAF, this will be the deciding factor in my choice between Snivy and Oshawott. How early in the game can I get that Water/Ghost jellyfish?

It starts appearing late, after you get Surf.

Jtwo said:
What are the drawbacks of playing this on a DSlite? Just no ability to use WPA2? Or are there other features not supported?

Video Chat.

Roto13

The little icon on my DSi menu when selecting this game is animated. I've never seen that happen before. :p
Jtwo said:
No video chat.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ok cool. Think I might pick this up then.
But I still haven't completed soulsilver

Delio

KingK said:

Could always have someone who has played the japanese games get you a egg of one. Well if they want to anyways.

Suairyu

Banned
Left Pinwheel woods and stepped onto the bridge.

Oh my stars.

What an amazing moment. It hit sunset just as I walked across. What a great way to be introduced to the city skyline. And what an incredible statement from Gamefreak. "First two gyms seem like routine? Check this!"

Anyway, headed to Liberty Island. It took five attempts to work out a method to get its HP to the very last sliver without fainting it, but Victini is finally mine! My team is starting to round out quite nicely.

Anybody caught a Sigilyph?
It's supposedly found in the Desert Resort but after spending the last hour and a half walking around not a single one has appeared.

KingK

Android18a said:
Very early, around the 2nd gym area.

Ok, I think I'm going with Snivy then.

Delio said:
Could always have someone who has played the japanese games get you a egg of one. Well if they want to anyways.

I might do that too, if anyone would be so kind.

Suairyu

Banned
Obsessed said:
Amazon, hurry up and deliver me my Pokemon Black!

Also for the people playing, is Snivy useful at all ingame?
Like all starters, he's still above-average and entirely useful. He just isn't so great in the first few gyms, is all. Think of it like picking Charmander in R/B.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Obsessed said:
Amazon, hurry up and deliver me my Pokemon Black!

Also for the people playing, is Snivy useful at all ingame?

Later on when he receives Swords Dance, and levels up to Lead Blade, he can do some good damage. His movepool is pretty limited though, so Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / Rock Smash / Strength. That way he can carry a few HMs, but also be a decent attacker.

Neiteio

Amazon question (in general, not about Pokemon):

If I preordered three 3DS games, then cancelled one, and now want to add that one back using Amazon credit, is there a way to do that so it's part of the same shipment as the other two games? I'd like to have them all arrive at once.

Forkball

Man, I got to remember to pay attention to events. After I stopped playing SoulSilver last year I completely forgot about the WiFi events. I could have Deoxys and Mew!

Delio

TenaciousNorth said:
Anybody caught a Sigilyph?
It's supposedly found in the Desert Resort but after spending the last hour and a half walking around not a single one has appeared.

If i remember correctly he is in the place with the trainers . Just go down one of the pits i never found him on the first floor.

Za23

Neiteio said:
Amazon question (in general, not about Pokemon):

If I preordered three 3DS games, then cancelled one, and now want to add that one back using Amazon credit, is there a way to do that so it's part of the same shipment as the other two games? I'd like to have them all arrive at once.

It will still be 2 different shipments, but you can speak to customer service and see if they will add the credit to the order without you having to cancel and reorder.

Merovin

Fewr said:
I just got the game.

When can I start trading? I'm already at the first gym and can't.

As soon as you beat the first gym, there will be a short series of events and you'll get the Pal Pad, then you're free to trade with the world.

Has anyone noticed with exp, the higher your level, the less exp you get? Is this new? Never noticed this in previous games.

Delio

EvilMario said:
Later on when he receives Swords Dance, and levels up to Lead Blade, he can do some good damage. His movepool is pretty limited though, so Swords Dance / Leaf Blade / Rock Smash / Strength. That way he can carry a few HMs, but also be a decent attacker.

The one time i used him i went with a tankish variant with Leech Seed/Coil/Giga Drain and some filler. Works well enough although i do imagine most would rather straight up blitz stuff and not slow kill lol.

Neiteio

Za23 said:
It will still be 2 different shipments, but you can speak to customer service and see if they will add the credit to the order without you having to cancel and reorder.
Excellent, thank you. :)

Also, anyone know a parent for Ferroseed that could pass on both Spikes and Stealth Rock? And can both Spikes and Stealh Rock be on the field at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom