• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

daffy

Banned
TSAGoodness said:
OK I just ordered this, this will be my first pokemon game, anything i need to know before diving in?
Other than what's in the OP, nope. Just have fun and enjoy the ride.

You don't really need to know any of that stuff though.

beje

Banned
OK, I only did like 4 battles on the random match and I'm already fed up. Can somebody get me a Ditto?

Edit:
joelseph said:
What early pokemon has pickup?

Lillipup, as far as I know.

Poyunch

Just picked White twenty or so minutes ago.

One of the workers was dressed as a Pikachu.
SVX39.jpg

What's happening with the Druddigon offer? :D

TheOGB

Banned
Walked into Target with my friend, turned the corner, and it was right there. Right in front of checkout.

That made my day.

Bankoiia

Suairyu said:
They are dirty cheaters utilising voodoo magics, I swear. I got Victini down to the smallest sliver of HP possible and paralysed him and he still ate through a few ultra balls.
Incidentally, I caught Vicitini with a regular Pokéball.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bankoiia said:
Incidentally, I caught Vicitini with a regular Pokéball.
Same. Ended up relying on the good ol' Pokeball when I caught Ho-Oh in Heart Gold too.

On another note, I just participated in my first Pokemon Musical. What the heck did I just watch?

Lkr

so I just got the fire stone. Is it true that Pansear's evo won't learn any moves by level?
btw, where do I get the bike?

larvi

joelseph said:
What early pokemon has pickup?

Lillipup, but loses it when it evolves so you want to cancel the evolution if you are leveling one. Does anyone know if the pickup items are level based as in previous gens? I'm trying to stay away from strategy guides right now so haven't looked at the pickup list.

Lkr

BGBW said:
Same. Ended up relying on the good ol' Pokeball when I caught Ho-Oh in Heart Gold too.

On another note, I just participated in my first Pokemon Musical. What the heck did I just watch?
I hate you, I just realized I never caught Ho-Oh in Superior Silver

Glix

Firestorm said:
Why does mail not get delivered on Sundays?
What do we pay these people for god

Online shopping has gone up 10000000 percent in the last decade and the post office STILL loses money.

Go figure!

Emitan

Firestorm said:
Why does mail not get delivered on Sundays?
What do we pay these people for god
I got an email from Amazon today saying they shipped it. Weird. But I bet I'm still not getting it until Tuesday. Boo. Where's the mail delivering Dragonite when you need him?

ZZMitch

What is considered the best starter? I was going to get the fire one, but if I am just going to end up geting Victini anyway it would kind of be a waste to have two fire pokemon in my party...

Merovin

ZZMitch said:
What is considered the best starter? I was going to get the fire one, but if I am just going to end up geting Victini anyway it would kind of be a waste to have two fire pokemon in my party...

Oshawott is really good, especially next to the lacking water selection this gen.

Suairyu

Banned
Glix said:
Keep reloading for the shiny!!! ;)
On that note, is picking just one favourite non-legendary Pokémon to find a shiny of within sanity limits, or is even attempting that the road to mental ruin?

Because as a My Little Pony fan, words cannot describe how much I am in love with Blitzle.

Blizzard

Banned
Billychu said:
I got an email from Amazon today saying they shipped it. Weird. But I bet I'm still not getting it until Tuesday. Boo. Where's the mail delivering Dragonite when you need him?
I also ordered from Amazon, and oddly enough got a shipping email too. Of course, the USPS site does not work with the tracking number (it seems it hardly ever works) and it is estimated to be here FRIDAY. Once upon a time, Amazon had fast delivery even with free shipping, but I seem to recall that in recent years if you preorder a new release, it can take 1-2 weeks after the release date before you get it. :p

Jokey665

My roommates and I just got back from picking these up. They both got Black and I got White so I've got the advantage!

Also I got 3 Celebi while we were at gamestop. :D

jman2050

Got my game today, decided to name my awesome fire pig Wilbur!

An hour later I look at his name and suddenly realized I named him Wilber by accident.

When's the first time you can see the Name Rater? :/

D-Pad

This game is hard... :\ Gotta grind for the second gym... And grinding's hard too...

Granted I've been splitting EXP gains to about 4 different Pokemon, but still...

Merovin

jman2050 said:
Got my game today, decided to name my awesome fire pig Wilbur!

An hour later I look at his name and suddenly realized I named him Wilber by accident.

When's the first time you can see the Name Rater? :/

Town with the 3rd gym I'm afraid.

Boogiepop

Just got shipping confirmation, and it estimates it'll be here by tomorrow! Didn't think they shipped on Sundays, but I'm glad they did.

Lkr said:
so I just got the fire stone. Is it true that Pansear's evo won't learn any moves by level?
btw, where do I get the bike?
Yeah, Pansear's evo won't learn anything else by level, so you're better off holding back its evolution till later.
You get the bike after you defeat some Plasma members in either the 3rd or 4th Gym city.

Delio

Ah first gym down with

Amuro the Tepig lv 13
Loran the Lillipup lv 13

Cant wait for that dragon i was getting from here. Shall be the Char of my group :)

UberTag

This question was answered in the last OT, but for those of you still mulling over possible starters there's something of importance to add:

Roto13 said:
So how early can you get a Pokemon that learns False Swipe? This is the only thing I care to plan for ahead of time.
Wiseblade said:
You Get False Swipe in Tm form from Professor Juniper when you have seen 50 Pokémon.
1) I believe the number of Pokemon you have to see is only 30.
2) And more importantly... YOU CAN TEACH FALSE SWIPE TO OSHAWOTT.

That's important. There aren't many Pokemon in the game who can learn it naturally or via TM. So if False Swipe is important to you...

Been playing around with White for an hour or so. Just got my Pansage, and now I'm about to head for the Striaton Gym.

This game is as smooth as fucking butter, I tells ya'.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
PokeGAF, my friends want me to buy this so I could play with them. But I'm in the middle of Radiant Historia, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together and platinuming FF13 and I really don't want to stray too far from RH.

I also have not finished a Pokemon game since Generation 2. I never played the remakes of Gold/Silver. I played Pokemon Platinum, but lost interest around Veilstone City. But my friends have been hyping this to be the best thing since sliced bread. I'm feeling a little intimidated, having only fully completed R/B/Y/G/S/C. I am also afraid that if I don't pick this up immediately I'll miss out on the Liberty Pass. Should I pick this up?

I am also asking because I play games so my little brother can watch. He likes lots of colour and rapid motions (really got a kick out of the Ace Attorney games since the characters are quite animated and move around a lot), so I get the feeling that he might like this. He can't hear the music or play games himself, but from what I've seen, there is a lot of motion and colour. From what people have played, is that true?

In the event that I do pick this up, which version is better (I'll assume White from the lovely chart in the OP) and what qualifies as "Hard Mode" (ie: Charmander Starter Mode)? Thank you in advance to the person who answers!

Woffls

UberTag said:
YOU CAN TEACH FALSE SWIPE TO OSHAWOTT
FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

If I'd known this before it would literally have guaranteed Oshawott a place on my team. That said, he does have a droopy cock drawn on him... can't unsee >_<

Teknoman

Wow...just started and its crazy how modern this game looks compared to HG/SS or D/P/Plat. The battles are fast, and the stadium-esque dynamic camera that kicks in if you dont press anything during battle is great. Lots of story battles early on, the way they changed up the introduction compared to past games, and how the story feels like its going to have lots of twists, feels really refreshing.

All this, and I havent made it to the first gym!

Blueblur1

I ordered White and the Collector's Edition Guide/Pokedex book after I had "convinced" myself that I wasn't going to buy anything at all. Shit, I even came close to buying the DSi bundle even though I have a 3DS pre-order with Amazon. Thank God I didn't; it would have been a waste of money with the 3DS just around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom