• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

Super_Chicken said:
Elaborate? What EB games/gamestop did you go to?
all the ones i've gone to have been having the deal (i've only gone to two so i don't know if it isn't at all stores). i live in calgary.

Roto13

I was thinking of getting a Celebi from the EB Games in the Eaton Centre (though I'm not 100% sure they have it) but it was too icy to walk that far. :p And now it's over.

Yaceka said:
St. Vital Mall in Winnipeg. Pretty sure that's not going to help you at all though. You probably live in an actual decent city.

Yeah, in Toronto, 10 minute walk from Eaton's Center

Roto13 said:
I was thinking of getting a Celebi from the EB Games in the Eaton Centre (though I'm not 100% sure they have it) but it was too icy to walk that far. :p And now it's over.

When did it end.

Forkball

10 minutes in impressions:

WTF, it's not autumn.
I owned both those Pokemon
Tepig got a crappy nature, but whatever I don't want to restart for an hour trying to get a decent one
Way to fuck up my room

Bankoiia

Forkball said:

WTF, it's not autumn.
Tepig got a crappy nature, but whatever I don't want to restart for an hour trying to get a decent one
Way to fuck up my room
Don't worry, It'll be winter in April.

Glix

Roto13 said:
^^ Apparently one of the starters is Spider-Man and can walk on walls.
Today was the last day and I'm pretty sure it's closed now.

The guy at Gamestop the other day offered to put the "thing" in, that would let me get the last shiny dog, so it may still be possible.

Dead

well not really...yet
Fantasy Final said:
Post Pics!!

FTH said:
Hello!!! Listen!!!! Pics!

I don't think anyone on the Internet has taken pics of it in the wild aha.

Tried my best, but the camera I have on me atm really sucks butt (as do I at taking pictures)

owqLe.jpg

There was also a Pokemon themed DS bag in the box, with an additional pocket to store the games. I was happy that the game itself was included with the original box.

This is the first DS Ive owned since the original DS Fat from launch, and Im pretty happy with it, aesthetically at least.

Forkball said:

WTF, it's not autumn.
Way to fuck up my room
But the Wii is unharmed!

Someone talk up one of the versions to help me decide which one to get. I looked at the differences between Black and White, and it didn't help me choose. The exclusive pokemon are about even in each version as far as what looks cool to me. I like the slight technological touches in some areas of black, but white forest with 32 exclusive pokemon sounds better than black city......someone sell me on one version in particular.... if I have to randomly decide on one I'll probably end up passing on it :/

Mega Man's Electric Sheep said:
Someone talk up one of the versions to help me decide which one to get. I looked at the differences between Black and White, and it didn't help me choose. The exclusive pokemon are about even in each version as far as what looks cool to me. I like the slight technological touches in some areas of black, but white forest with 32 exclusive pokemon sounds better than black city......someone sell me on one version in particular.... if I have to randomly decide on one I'll probably end up passing on it :/
If you want to solo the game all by yourself, White version
If you want to do a lot of trades, Black version

Achtius

Delio said:
Eh since when cant you solo in Black?

I guess he is referring to the fact that Black City allows you to battle rare pokemon that is high level, whereas White city allows you to catch rare pokemon that are low level.

So if you take black, you need to trade more often when compared to white.

Pau

So I've been keeping myself away from spoilers. Consequently I am so very late to the party. Just beat the first Gym Leader and was handed a TM.

And then I was informed that you can use them indefinitely. This was the best surprise.

Delio

Achtius said:
I guess he is referring to the fact that Black City allows you to battle rare pokemon that is high level, whereas White city allows you to catch rare pokemon that are low level.

Is it wrong that i dont see that as a bad thing lol

Achtius said:

yeah basically this.

Suairyu

Banned
kyo_daikun said:
Caught a shiney Patrat 3 hours in on my pokemon black, thats 1 more shiney than my 200+ hours on D/P/P
If you don't care to keep it, you now have a fantastic bargaining chip for the GTS.

Neiteio

Two questions:

- What's the best nature for an Oshawott to have? (Yes, I'm considering restarting until I get it.)

- Is there a way to delete effort points so I can EV train Oshawott properly at a later time? I thought I heard there's a berry that can achieve this effect...

Jinko

Electivirus said:
My god. Cress whipped the everloving piss right out of me. ;_;

Work Up can Die. In. A. Fire.

Heh wait til you battle the electric type gym leader :S, volt switch sucks.

Neiteio said:
Two questions:

- What's the best nature for an Oshawott to have? (Yes, I'm considering restarting until I get it.)

- Is there a way to delete effort points so I can EV train Oshawott properly at a later time? I thought I heard there's a berry that can achieve this effect...
First one IDK but it's highest stat is SpA so Modest? Someone else could give a better opinion.
Second question you would need the EV berries. Those are the only things to delete them.

The Baconator evolved into a pig that is kind of ugly.

I hope his final form doesn't look like an awkward Pokemon that doesn't know if it wants to be cute or powerful looking.

I also caught this badass caterpillar that's ripping Pokemon apart with his combo Bug Bite/Razer Leaf. I don't remember Caterpie or Wurmple ever being this ridiculously useful.

btkadams

balladofwindfishes said:
The Baconator evolved into a pig that is kind of ugly.

I hope his final form doesn't look like an awkward Pokemon that doesn't know if it wants to be cute or powerful looking.

I also caught this badass caterpillar that's ripping Pokemon apart with his combo Bug Bite/Razer Leaf. I don't remember Caterpie or Wurmple ever being this ridiculously useful.
im assuming you havent spoiled yourself on the final forms ;) the final form of the Baconator is really cool looking!

found this on YouTube

Boy: Oooh it's you and me...
Girl: Aww..
Boy: I know you are my destiny...
Girl: AWWWW!
Boy: Oooh Your my Best Friend...
Girl: Aww..So cute..
Boy: In a World We Must Defend...
Girl: What?
Boy: POKEMON GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL!!!
Girl: fuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Glix

I never got any of my 4th gen event pokemon.

Is there any way to still get any of the 3? Like Pokemon Ranger or something?

:(

btkadams

Glix said:
I never got any of my 4th gen event pokemon.

Is there any way to still get any of the 3? Like Pokemon Ranger or something?

:(
wait, what pokemon are you wanting? the three dogs? there's a bunch of people here who have extra so i don't think it will be a problem. maybe ask in the heartgold/soulsilver OT though.

i missed a lot of the events and some nice gaffers traded me pokemon i missed.

1. The Help system in the PC is pretty helpful. With it, I found out that holding L and pressing A on a move in battle acts as a shortcut to the move details page.

2. Koukan Talk is neato. Tanoshinderu?

3. The extra instrument track that plays when you talk to those people seems to only play when you are walking. When you stand still, it has the basic track.

4. Man, Cheren + Belle seem to just love to run up on you everywhere :)

5. I never knew you could use Xtransciever over Wi-Fi. Video chat away? (at 10 fps, maybe).

Glix

btkadams said:
wait, what pokemon are you wanting? the three dogs? there's a bunch of people here who have extra so i don't think it will be a problem. maybe ask in the heartgold/soulsilver OT though.

i missed a lot of the events and some nice gaffers traded me pokemon i missed.

No no, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceaus. I think I spelled them entirely wrong, but you get the idea.

I figure even if I see them on GTS they are hacks or clones, which makes me :(

Suairyu

Banned
So my Pokémon are all roughly level 22. I could reach the 55F of the Battle Company (only had a choice of that or the 47th).

Beating everyone on the 55F:
You get an EXP Share item, so you can power level your weak Pokémon without even needing them to be in the battle for a single turn.

SO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN

Picked it up this morning about 4 hours into it I love this game. I can watch basketball while grinding for hours. The battles seem tougher but this is my 2nd Pokemon game ever besides silver. My goal is to get my team to a respectable level before Pax East and get crushed by some randoms in wifi battles all weekend.

btkadams

Glix said:
No no, Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceaus. I think I spelled them entirely wrong, but you get the idea.

I figure even if I see them on GTS they are hacks or clones, which makes me :(
yeah i got one of each of those from gaffers over the past month so you shouldn't have trouble. post in the gold/silv thread.

Suairyu said:
So my Pokémon are all roughly level 22. I could reach the 55F of the Battlecentre (only had a choice of that or the 47th).

Beating everyone on the 55F:
You get an EXP Share item, so you can power level your weak Pokémon without even needing them to be in the battle for a single turn.

SO I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN
I have an EXP share and I haven't done the Battle Centre, I don't know where I got it though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Off to bed after a nice days work. Beat the forth gym and Pokemon are all around level 25.

Found Solosis so I can catch a few for all you Blackies out there.

survivor

Banned
Played for 6 hours today. Just a few thoughts

1. I love how now you can actually seed up through the text. The game feels so much faster. Even the battles with their new animations feel faster than the older ones.

2. The new menus look pretty neat. Took me a while to get used to the Pokemon page but it's pretty good.

3. The way to battle Drilbur was pretty awesome.

4. Most of the new Pokemon have been pretty good so far. It's just some of the names seem stupid. Like Timburr? Really?

5. Also just went to the city now. So good.

Suairyu

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
I have an EXP share and I haven't done the Battle Centre, I don't know where I got it though.
QUITE POSSIBLE
you got it at the Battle Company, where I did too but I confused it with the battlecentre. Oops.

BGBW said:
Just faced her. Goddamn I couldn't keep track of her Pokemon.

That one had me to 1HP left. No revives, a few potions, but it was all or nothing. And it was a Tackle from a water Pokemon that I had left. That was so painful to play. But so so fun.

I'm finding that B/W are very challenging - but not in a bad way. They've set it up so you know to have a mixed team, give you the heals... I get annoyed when it's like, I WANT TO GO TO A POKECENTER BUT I WALKED IN TO THE TOWN AND NOW I MUST BATTLE - but I squeeze through. It's not a breeze, but it's possible.

I've played 16 hours, 4 badges, Pokedex 50 and my team is:
Blitzle - Level 26
Gurdurr - Level 28
Herdier - Level 26
Munna - Level 26
Smugleaf (Well, Servine) - Level 26
Simipour - Level 25

Possibly keeping the keep a bit -too- equal, which could be holding me back a bit.

And my friend has the Black Pokemon DSi. It's gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom