• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DryvBy

I'm waiting for the 3DS before buying this, but I had some questions about the newer DS titles. Is there a way to transfer my MewTwo from Blue all the way to the DS version? And what about the Mew glitch where you can catch him in the originals... Can I transer those over as well?

Neiteio said:
Guys...

WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE NEW POKEMON?!?

ferrothorn.jpg

Roto13

UberTag said:
This question was answered in the last OT, but for those of you still mulling over possible starters there's something of importance to add:

1) I believe the number of Pokemon you have to see is only 30.
2) And more importantly... YOU CAN TEACH FALSE SWIPE TO OSHAWOTT.

That's important. There aren't many Pokemon in the game who can learn it naturally or via TM. So if False Swipe is important to you...
Oh snaps. So glad I chose Oshawott as my starter. :p

Roto13

DryvBy2 said:
I'm waiting for the 3DS before buying this, but I had some questions about the newer DS titles. Is there a way to transfer my MewTwo from Blue all the way to the DS version? And what about the Mew glitch where you can catch him in the originals... Can I transer those over as well?
Pokemon from Red/Blue can't go any farther than Gold/Silver/Crystal. Everything after that can be transferred up a generation. I'm not sure if you can transfer from the GBA games to Black and White, though. If not, you can transfer from a GBA game to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Emitan

DryvBy2 said:
Ruby and Sapphire are the earliest games you can transfer from.

DryvBy

Roto13 said:
Pokemon from Red/Blue can't go any farther than Gold/Silver/Crystal. Everything after that can be transferred up a generation. I'm not sure if you can transfer from the GBA games to Black and White, though. If not, you can transfer from a GBA game to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver.

MewTwo is sad :(. He was my primary and is maxed out.

eXistor

Dark Schala said:
I also have not finished a Pokemon game since Generation 2. I never played the remakes of Gold/Silver. I played Pokemon Platinum, but lost interest around Veilstone City. But my friends have been hyping this to be the best thing since sliced bread. I'm feeling a little intimidated, having only fully completed R/B/Y/G/S/C. I am also afraid that if I don't pick this up immediately I'll miss out on the Liberty Pass. Should I pick this up?

That's a lot of Pokémon games to have fully completed even if really are just 2 generations. You'll be fine. I do have to say, I've personally played and finished (but nothing more than that) Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl and now well on my way in White and White feels relatively fresh to me. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I know it can be difficult to just play a Pokémon game casually (shit's addicting, I know), but give it a go and try not to get obsessed.

Make sure you keep paying Radiant Historia though, that game is amazing!

Roto13

DryvBy2 said:
MewTwo is sad :(. He was my primary and is maxed out.
You can get a Mewtwo in other games. Or trade for one, probably. I might have a spare you can have after I can transfer it to Black. (Maybe.)

Teknoman

Nice, the piano and drum players in Accumula Town actually seem to add small pieces to the theme once you talk to them.

Or at least I dont remember hearing a piano or light drum section the first time I hit the town.

Woffls

Roto13 said:
I'm not sure if you can transfer from the GBA games to Black and White, though. If not, you can transfer from a GBA game to Diamond/Pearl/Platinum or HeartGold/SoulSilver.
I've just popped my FireRed cart into my DS Lite along with White, and it doesn't recognise it on the menu in the same way that D/P or SS/HG do. So, presumably, you can't transfer directly from the GBA games to Black/White. Via D/P or HG/SS will still work fine though.

DryvBy

Billychu said:
Ruby and Sapphire are the earliest games you can transfer from.
Wait, maybe I can't read (wouldn't be the first time)..

I could transfer my Blue to Ruby to the DS, right? I have Blue/Ruby/Gold/Yellow/Crystal and soon Black. So I could just do a massive transfer from Blue to Ruby and then back to the DS titles, right? I was saying my Blue because I have around 100 Pokemon captured on that one alone. I used to play all the freakin' time whle wearing Pokemon underwear and watching the show with my brother.

Izayoi said:
It's all luck, man. Literally nothing has changed as far as capturing mechanics go except for the addition of the critical capture, which never happens.
I just caught my WhiteRa (Reshiram) in five regular Pokeballs, pretty much every other legendary in every other game has taken my more ultra balls than that >_<.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wiseblade said:
So yeah, I'm breeding off a ton of Zorua. If you happened to miss both the Celebi and Shiny Dog events then hit me up.
Is there much story to the events?

Emitan

DryvBy2 said:

I could transfer my Blue to Ruby to the DS, right? I have Blue/Ruby/Gold/Yellow/Crystal and soon Black. So I could just do a massive transfer from Blue to Ruby and then back to the DS titles, right? I was saying my Blue because I have around 100 Pokemon captured on that one alone. I used to play all the freakin' time whle wearing Pokemon underwear and watching the show with my brother.
No. RBY can go to GSC, but GSC can't go to RSE. You can only use Pokemon caught from a GBA or later.

DryvBy2 said:

No. All pokemon you caught in R/B/Y/G/S/C can't go past 2nd gen.

DryvBy

Billychu said:
No. RBY can go to GSC, but GSC can't go to RSE. You can only use Pokemon caught from a GBA or later.

Oh... so my MewTwo is back to being sad. And from my understanding, Mew and MewTwo are only available in the originals right?

How the $&^* am I suppose to catch them all??

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
eXistor said:
That's a lot of Pokémon games to have fully completed even if really are just 2 generations. You'll be fine. I do have to say, I've personally played and finished (but nothing more than that) Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Pearl and now well on my way in White and White feels relatively fresh to me. I'm having a lot of fun with it.

I know it can be difficult to just play a Pokémon game casually (shit's addicting, I know), but give it a go and try not to get obsessed.

Make sure you keep paying Radiant Historia though, that game is amazing!
Catching 'em all is ridiculously addictive, plus I get lost in grinding to certain levels and attempting to catch most Pokémon in an area before moving on. The games were really hard to put down. Thank you very much for the advice! I'll pick up White after lecture tomorrow. :)

OT: And yeah, Radiant Historia is awesome!

beje

Banned
DryvBy2 said:
Oh... so my MewTwo is back to being sad. And from my understanding, Mew and MewTwo are only available in the originals right?

Protip: most of the Pokémon (Mewtwo included) can be captured in the Gen II remakes

Emitan

DryvBy2 said:

You can get Mewtwo in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

DryvBy2 said:

Mewtwo is in FireRed and LeafGreen and Mew has been giving out in 2 wifi events so far I think. Have one in HG right now. Plus you can get Mewtwo in HG/SS.

DryvBy

Ah. Well that explains it. I always thought he was kind of Gen I exclusive. I'm sorry for the stupid questions, lol. I'm just really wanting to finally transfer my load (lol) to a newer game. I'm sure the game battery for my save is going to die soon. I've had Pokemon Blue since day one. I recaught most of them in Ruby. I just gotta search for my Ruby game to pull them off.

Roto13

It seems to me, you can catch Mewtwo in HeartGold and SoulSilver, too.
Woffls said:
I've just popped my FireRed cart into my DS Lite along with White, and it doesn't recognise it on the menu in the same way that D/P or SS/HG do. So, presumably, you can't transfer directly from the GBA games to Black/White. Via D/P or HG/SS will still work fine though.
Well you can't transfer Pokemon anyway until later in the game, right?

Can someone in the US grab me a celebii? I don't think the deal works up here in Canada.

My copy of Black shipped on Friday, hopefully it's home when I get home today.

Woffls

Roto13 said:
Well you can't transfer Pokemon anyway until later in the game, right?
Yeah but I thought the option was always there for the other games? If that's not the case then I'll check again after beating the Elite 4. Though, I'm sure someone else will have found it by then.

And these Bianca/Cheren/N ambushes are getting ridiculous. I just save whenever I'm about to move to a new area ¬¬

Electivirus said:
Geez, Cheren and Bianca are really giving Gary a run for his money in the "ambushing you at the most inopportune moments" category.

At least Cheren will heal you afterwards. That dumb bitch will just say something retarded and be on her way.

btkadams

Super_Chicken said:
Can someone in the US grab me a celebii? I don't think the deal works up here in Canada.

My copy of Black shipped on Friday, hopefully it's home when I get home today.
it does work in canada! go to EB!
Firestorm said:
Why does mail not get delivered on Sundays?
What do we pay these people for god
hey btw i bought the game from bestbuy today and it was just in shrinkwrap, no stickers. so i'm betting you could go to fs and get it with no stickers and return the online one to that store. if they don't put the stickers ont he store copies i find it extremely unlikely there would be a best buy sticker on your online one.

daffy

Banned
Dead said:
Got the white DSi bundle. Damn, this thing is sexy :eek:
Hello!!! Listen!!!! Pics!

I don't think anyone on the Internet has taken pics of it in the wild aha.

Yaceka said:

Spoke too soon. Alas, that isn't the white one but still...

TheOGB

Banned
>go to Accumula Town
>have to get pianist and drummer every time
>heal monz and leave immediately

I can already tell I'm going to be very OCD about this finishing layer of music thing

MechaX

Might pick this up this evening or tomorrow since I'm pretty close to finishing Radiant Historia (trying to make firm on my self-imposed "buy one game after finishing another" rule) no matter what.

I'm still on the fence about what version to get, however. If it helps, my friend is most likely going to get White. I would like Black, but it doesn't have that vulture pokemon that White has that looks badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom