• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woffls

balladofwindfishes said:
I was under the impression you only needed one of the dogs or celebi
There's two to get in BW. Sending a shiny dog will get you Zoroark. Separately, sending over Celebi will get you Zorua. This is how I understand it from what I've read in places including Serebii, so I assume I've not misunderstood? :s

Nayishiki said:
I can give you Celebi and Raikou.
Really!? Do you have a bunch of spares then? All I need is Celebi, so that's all I'd ask. In terms of spares, all I have is Shiny Entei, Shiny Suicune and uhhh, a Pikachu that knows Fly xD Didn't pick up Raikou :(

[edit]Wait, what are these Zorua eggs? Sounds interesting.

Nayishiki

Woffls said:
There's two to get in BW. Sending a shiny dog will get you Zoroark. Separately, sending over Celebi will get you Zorua. This is how I understand it from what I've read in places including Serebii, so I assume I've not misunderstood? :s

Really!? Do you have a bunch of spares then? All I need is Celebi, so that's all I'd ask. In terms of spares, all I have is Shiny Entei, Shiny Suicune and uhhh, a Pikachu that knows Fly xD Didn't pick up Raikou :(

Yeah got two Celebis today. My platinum FC is 1849 9311 0004. I'll take anything.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
So what's the deal with the Battle Box in the PC?
You can put six pokemon in the box, and whenver you battle online or on the battle subway, the game gives you the option of using then or you current party (but not a mix of both).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Woffls said:

[edit]Wait, what are these Zorua eggs? Sounds interesting.

Zorua/Zoroark are breedable, so better than passing around people's cherished Celebi/Beast would just be to give us some eggs if someone is breeding.

btkadams

wow. i've played about a half hour of the game now. i gotta say, the intro to this game is probably the best in the series for actually helping new players. i'm certainly not fresh, but they really do a good job of sucking you in and explaining everything.

Woffls

EvilMario said:
Zorua/Zoroark are breedable, so better than passing around people's cherished Celebi/Beast would just be to give us some eggs if someone is breeding.
Ah cool. If I get both then I'll breed them constantly and give out as many eggs as I can!

Nayishiki - pm

Suairyu

Banned
upJTboogie said:
Is it me or is Pokemon easier to catch? I've caught every Pokemon in one throw, except for Darumaka which only took 2 balls.
If Victini is any indication, legendaries will have you pulling your hair out in a rage.
EvilMario said:
Well thank Nihm for that! I thought it was incredibly unfair to make two of the new 156 require a previous game to unlock. Or, as is realistic now, previous games+an R4 card to use an event Pokémon distribution ROM.

Izayoi

Banned
upJTboogie said:
Is it me or is Pokemon easier to catch? I've caught every Pokemon in one throw, except for Darumaka which only took 2 balls.
Nah, wasted five Pokeballs on the zebra when it had one health left. It's all luck, nothing has changed.

Shiggie said:
I registered everyone (except seastars) on the friend code list.
Wasn't easy I tells ya.
I'll have my Black version code for you in a little bit.

For those who have played the game, how long until I get some running boots or a bike? I feel like I'm walking ridiculously slow in the intro area.

upJTboogie said:
I think so, two of my friends caught the cover legendary with a Pokeball -- one of them doing it on their second Pokeball.

btkadams

VGChampion said:
For those who have played the game, how long until I get some running boots or a bike? I feel like I'm walking ridiculously slow in the intro area.
really soon. and the running seems to be faster than the previous games so you'll feel better ha.

Suairyu

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
I think so, two of my friends caught the cover legendary with a Pokeball -- one of them doing it on their second Pokeball.
They are dirty cheaters utilising voodoo magics, I swear. I got Victini down to the smallest sliver of HP possible and paralysed him and he still ate through a few ultra balls.

Suairyu said:
They are dirty cheaters utilising voodoo magics, I swear. I got Victini down to the smallest sliver of HP possible and he still ate through a few ultra balls.
Victini did take me a few ultras, and one of the karate frog things took me about 20. Maybe my friends just got lucky, I'll see soon when I catch my cover legendary with a Pokeball.

Mr. Sam

upJTboogie said:
Tell that to Throh. Hate that dick. Well, love him now but I had to catch him with a goddamn ultra ball. An ultra ball! Christ.

Merovin

I'm kind of disappointed that Wi-Fi battles, free unrestricted ones, you see each others pokémon before the battle begins. Takes away all the fun. Anyone know of a way round this?
(Me and my mate are battling after each gym)

Izayoi

Banned
darkpaladinmfc said:
It's all luck, man. Literally nothing has changed as far as capturing mechanics go except for the addition of the critical capture, which never happens.

btkadams

Mr. Sam said:
Yeah, dittos are genderless, aren't they?
the reason i'm asking is that i read earlier int he thread that a poster recommended restarting the game over and over until your starter is female because having a female is better. i wasn't sure why so i thought maybe you couldn't breed a male of it for some reason. i've bred my males in other games before so i guess it was a stupid question lol.

Suairyu

Banned
Anyone with Black online right now who would like to trade the Pinwheel Forest exclusives?

I have a Lilligant and Petilil and would like a Whimsicott and Cottonee.

Woffls

Suairyu said:
If Victini is any indication, legendaries will have you pulling your hair out in a rage.
Really? I've not had trouble with any so far, even Victini was super easy. Maybe I'm just a pro ;D Naww, that's not it.

Nayishiki

Suairyu said:
Anyone with Black online right now who would like to trade the Pinwheel Forest exclusives?

I have a Lilligant and Petilil and would like a Whimsicott and Cottonee.

I can give you Cottonee.

Izayoi said:
It's all luck, man. Literally nothing has changed as far as capturing mechanics go except for the addition of the critical capture, which never happens.
Well then I'm loving my luck so far :) Hopefully Sandile goes down easy too.

btkadams said:
the reason i'm asking is that i read earlier int he thread that a poster recommended restarting the game over and over until your starter is female because having a female is better. i wasn't sure why so i thought maybe you couldn't breed a male of it for some reason. i've bred my males in other games before so i guess it was a stupid question lol.
It'll just likely be a while until you find a Ditto. If you're interested in breeding a bunch of replacement starters for early trade purposes, a female starter is a nice thing to have.

Woffls

Many thanks to Nayishiki for sending a Celebi my way. Unfortunately I just realised I can't trade it up until I get my 3DS on March 25th! After that I shall breed Zorua and Zoroark until they pass out ;D

I think I'll be trading all my Pokémon from FireRed, Emerald, Pearl and SoulSilver up to White at some point. But not before I do absolutely everything in all of those games. Might take a while, but they're not really doing much just sitting there!

KingK

I love the fact that I'm seeing the names of all of these Pokemon mentioned in this thread and I don't know what they are. I looked at the pictures of all the new Pokemon back before the English names were announced, and other than the starters I haven't really looked at base stats/moves for any of them. I'm getting super hyped.

My amazon order arrives tomorrow, but I need to fight the urge to play until Thursday. I'm not sure that's gonna happen though lol. I should be doing homework right now but instead I'm reading this thread.

beje

Banned
Urgh, japanese peeps are kicking my ass in the random online matches. Guess my party was cool for the storyline, not so much for competitive purposes.

And ranked matches are not available until they open the Global Link T__T

colinp

Banned
Arren said:
I just carefully checked both the back of the outer box and the instruction booklet and there's no mention whatsoever of any restricted compatibility with a certain region.

Bear in mind though that my copy is an italian (european) version.

Thank you! Hopefully good news that should bare well for the US version.

Much appreciated!

Nayishiki

Woffls said:
Many thanks to Nayishiki for sending a Celebi my way. Unfortunately I just realised I can't trade it up until I get my 3DS on March 25th! After that I shall breed Zorua and Zoroark until they pass out ;D

No problem! i'll also have to wait for my 3DS to transfer celebi and the beast.

Thanks for Petilil Suairyu.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've read that Timburr's final evolution requires a trade. Is it like previous version where it can still learn all its moves if you evolve it straight away or should I wait?

colinp

Banned
Android18a said:
IzOYB.jpg

If anyone wanted confirmation in photo proof, yes, my PAL Pokemon White runs on my Japanese DSiLL.

Yessssssss! Thanks! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom