• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

I guess once I get a 3DS, i'll have to get a new friend code/game sync id?

Also does C-Gear drain the battery more than usual since it leaves wireless connection on?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
inner-G said:
Grab DQ6 instead! :p
I dunno...

I was super amped to play another DQ after I fell head over heels in love with DQ8. I ended up getting DQ4 immediately and it was boring and ancient as fuck. So I'm kinda scared of DQ remakes after that debacle.

Plus all the little things I loved about 8 are also in 9 and I get to make my own characters!

TheOGB

Banned
Holy shit, almost read that spoiler

That's it, I am removing myself from the internet to play this for a full hour straight

*anticipates coming back in half an hour to ask for a trade*

Oh right, about this program playing on certain TVs:
It's the cartoon, "Pokémon Trainer ______!" It's the success story of the rookie Pokémon Trainer, ______, who set out on a journey to become the Champion a year go!
Is this implying that you're actually 11? Or is it that you didn't set out at 10, and you just started at some age past that?

Other question: Is the PC box easier to use for button-only people? I think that Sixfortyfive was disapponted in HGSS for that reason.

Teknoman

ColtraineGF said:
Oh right, about this program playing on certain TVs:

Is this implying that you're actually 11? Or is it that you didn't set out at 10, and you just started at some age past that?

The main (3 trainer) characters are all at least 15-16+. They just got started late.

Acrylic7

PounchEnvy said:
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! I found an Audino by accident and caught it! AHHHHHHHHHH
me too. Its was totally by accident. I didn't see any grass shaking or whatever they call it. I just heard some weird music playing so I decided not to kill/run from it.

Jinko

I wish Nintendo would update their Pokedex on their homepage, Seribii has some of the ugliest web design and ass backwards UI I have ever seen ;.;

Audino is rare?

I caught one right in the beginning, then ran away from 2 of them later on in the game.

Jinko said:
I wish Nintendo would update their Pokedex on their homepage, Seribii has some of the ugliest web design and ass backwards UI I have ever seen ;.;
I love how you can't right click anywhere on his site. It's so annoying trying to open a link in a new tab.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
balladofwindfishes said:
Audino is rare?

I caught one right in the beginning, then ran away from 2 of them later on in the game.

Audino also dishes tons of Exp, apparently.

balladofwindfishes said:
I love how you can't right click anywhere on his site. It's so annoying trying to open a link in a new tab.

Middle click?

Just use Veekun or Bulbapedia as a Pokedex, Serebii is only useful as a guide for some of the mechanics/events.

Salsa

this guy right here:

whirlipede.png

is a fucking beast

Firestorm

Jinko said:
Why are you using Serebii. It's such a shitty site and purposefully unusable it shouldn't even be on the first post.

Veekun for Pokedex.
Bulbapedia for General Info.
Smogon for Battle.

Done.

Andrex said:
Audino also dishes tons of Exp, apparently.
!!

Right in the beginning some guy says "I hear if you see rustling grass, there's a Pokemon in it that gives you lots of experience!" and I disregarded the advice as just general NPC babbling.

I feel like I might be missing other valuable information because I ignore what the NPCs say, and just talk to them for free stuff.

Lkr

btkadams said:
the last move he learns is at level 43. it's a good (not amazing) attack that i'd say is worth waiting for.
goddamn, he's so worthless right about now. I was just gonna do it after he got fire blast. i'll probably just have to use TMs on Semisear anyway since the moves he learns are weak as Pansear.

BTW, is there somewhere I can catch a Boldore near the city with the 4th gym? I desperately need a rock/ground type

I couldnt wait for my amazon order to ship so I went out to gamestop and bought White and the Collectors Edition Guide.

The Black and White DSI look so good but i"ll just wait and get a 3ds.

Suairyu

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
Audino is rare?

I caught one right in the beginning, then ran away from 2 of them later on in the game
Intended to be rare. The moment you realise the trick to spawning shaking grass patches you'll face more of them in an hour than you ever want to see again and your team of 6 will be five levels ahead of the gym leader.

Lkr

Suairyu said:
Intended to be rare. The moment you realise the trick to spawning shaking grass patches you'll face more of them in an hour than you ever want to see again and your team of 6 will be five levels ahead of the gym leader.
can you find it in any patch of grass? i really need the exp

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Heh, playing the game + using the NeoGAF auto-updater extension = pure PokeGAF bliss.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Suairyu said:

...where might one learn this trick?

KJTB

Just wanted to hop in the thread and say that I'm really enjoying the game.

I'm about 5 hours into the game

survivor

Banned
So far the only 2 guys I'm sure I want on my team are Snivy and Drilblur. I still haven't decided on the Flying Pokemon. Is the water monkey good or are there better Water Pokemon to get later on?

Had an extremely close battle with Lenora. Ended up in a standoff with her Watchog and my Herdier. In the end, Herdier came through for me, waking up from its Hypnosis-induced sleep and crithaxing Watchog with Rock Smash.

A true bro.

Izayoi

Banned
Inferno313 said:
Did they remove the auto-100/auto-50 feature for Wifi battles? I can't find it.
What do you mean?

All levels are automatically reduced to 50 if they're over, I don't think it scales up though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Added my friend code to the list, wow it's really grown!

Speaking of, Teknoman you're missing a digit.

Izayoi said:
What do you mean?

All levels are automatically reduced to 50 if they're over, I don't think it scales up though.

Ah, ok. I thought it might've scaled up. I was trying to battle my friend with my mid 20s and his mid 10s, but we couldn't get it to be fair.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Added my friend code to the list, wow it's really grown!

Speaking of, Teknoman you're missing a digit.

Could you post the link to the list? I assume it's in the OP but I don't wanna uh... "dig" through it, if you know what I mean. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Could you post the link to the list? I assume it's in the OP but I don't wanna uh... "dig" through it, if you know what I mean. :p

It's at the very bottom of the OP, but here it is:

Teknoman

Izayoi said:
What do you mean?

Hmm if it doesnt scale up, that could be a problem for the tournament. Then again, at the rate most of us are going...I guess we should have 50s by then?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Hey, how do I update my White entry?

I meant to put GMT-8, not +8.

I'll do it for you, if that's OK.

Edit- It was GMT-8 already.

Edit 2- Oh you have two copies. They're both GMT-8 now.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What's the soonest I can catch an Emlga?

I've always liked his design since the first I saw him but his stats were ass so I decided to pass him up. Well I've reconsidered that and I want one. Hopefully I don't need more than two badges before he's available...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom