• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

Obsessed said:
You mean like how they never gave Flareon any good fire moves?

The only one of the original 3 that didn't get beaten with the unfortunate stick was Jolteon. As much as I was happy for that the Eeveelutions deserved better. :(

DoomXploder7 said:
sigh you guys will just keep on insisting on eevee evos until there are 17 aren't you?

On the subject of types, I always wondered why sound wasn't a type but rather shoehorned into an offshoot of the normal type.

ryan-ts

DoomXploder7 said:
sigh you guys will just keep on insisting on eevee evos until there are 17 aren't you?

Can you imagine a steel eevee, it would be just like Eevee except it would have a metallic body. Metaleon!!!!

Andrex said:
Now that the dam has been broken through, there's no reason we shouldn't see more pure flying types... I hope...

Next gen is gonna be awesome. I'm thinking since they held off this gen, they'll have tons of evos for old Pokemon next gen (like D/P, which is another reason why Gen 4 is awesome.)
honestly i could do without seeing much pure typings,
flying wise i just want my fight/flying :X

and to play your game if i had to see another eevee i'd want a fighting type.

Delio

Woo been winning doubles pretty nicely now. Time to work on my other members. I will say that sheer cold spam on wifi and hitting everytime is annoying >.<.

Roto13

Someday I'm going to make a team that consists entirely of Eevee evos. Shiny ones.

Andrex said:
This is another pro to if I buy Black too. I get all the survey/Entralink benefits but I don't need any IRL friends with the game! :D

*sobs in the corner*
Are there really any benefits to completing surveys? Those are easy enough to do. I went out for a walk for an hour and got three surveys.
The Lamp said:
White has the useful addition which is White Forest.
What exactly is useful about White Forest? Catching two or three "exclusive" Pokemon and randomly finding Potions on the ground? Neither Black City or White Forest is useful unless you happen to live in Japan where everyone plays their DS in public all the time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
Are there really any benefits to completing surveys? Those are easy enough to do. I went out for a walk for an hour and got three surveys.

I do think you might get something from that place in Castelia, but I'm not sure.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
What exactly is useful about White Forest? Catching two or three "exclusive" Pokemon and randomly finding a Pokeball on the ground? Neither Black City or White Forest is useful unless you happen to live in Japan where everyone plays their DS in public all the time.

Fixed for my experience. :\
Gravijah said:
Hold on a sec let me finish these fusions in Persona 4.
Sweet! Thanks!

Roto13

Fuuuuuuuuck I need a Water Stone to evolve Lombre and there are only two in the damn game and I used them both and if there's one complaint I have about this game its that it's not designed to be played by North Americans. Fuck. Gimme a goddamn store that sells evolution stones that I don't have to build myself and won't fucking collapse if I don't play the game for a week.

Mank said:
Yeah, all IV bred and EV trained (though I could use better items. Damn lack of item transfer!). Battle Subway is rough.

Damn. Sounds like I should just stick with regular singles instead of breeding for supers.

edit:

Meh, I'll still breed. Might as well try before I give up.

Boogiepop

Can egg moves be gotten back with a Heart Scale, or is that only level ups? I'm considering getting rid of Pursuit on my Weavile for the Battle Subway, as it's not proving useful there (same with Swords Dance on my Garchomp, though that's less of an issue) but I don't want to ruin my Weavile in the process.

Roto13 said:
Fuuuuuuuuck I need a Water Stone to evolve Lombre and there are only two in the damn game and I used them both and if there's one complaint I have about this game its that it's not designed to be played by North Americans. Fuck. Gimme a goddamn store that sells evolution stones that I don't have to build myself and won't fucking collapse if I don't play the game for a week.

I can throw a water stone your way.

3353 3473 2590 Peter

Azure J

I'm having the worst luck with online tonight. First endless communication errors, then I try to play some randoms only for it to stay in "searching for opponent" hell, and now I'm missing Zorua again because Grav's code hasn't been registered yet. :(

Gravijah

AzureJericho said:
I'm having the worst luck with online tonight. First endless communication errors, then I try to play some randoms only for it to stay in "searching for opponent" hell, and now I'm missing Zorua again because Grav's code hasn't been registered yet. :(

Huh?

Roto13 said:
That would be great. I'm number 53 on the list. Is there anything you want for it? I have starters.

Got ya added now! Sorry for the wait.

I'd appreciate a Snivy, thanks, but if you have a male Ralts then that would be even better.

Azure J

Gravijah said:

I input your code from last night when you first started the giveaway, but every time I've tried to show up in the WFC room, nothing's happened/didn't catch ya. I wonder if I'm doing it wrong? :lol

Mush

OK friends, I have some freebies to give away.

Zorua(s) with Sucker Punch
Timburr(s) with Drain Punch

Only thing I'm looking for in return are version exclusives (I have Black Version), starters (I chose Snivy), Sawk, and...

a Choice Scarf. :(

Gravijah

AzureJericho said:
I input your code from last night when you first started the giveaway, but every time I've tried to show up in the WFC room, nothing's happened/didn't catch ya. I wonder if I'm doing it wrong? :lol

I might have missed your code because it was kind of crazy last night, what is it?

Roto13

Octorockin' said:
Got ya added now! Sorry for the wait.

I'd appreciate a Snivy, thanks, but if you have a male Ralts then that would be even better.
I don't think I have a Ralts yet (I'm working my way through the Pokedex :p) but I certainly have a Snivy for you.

Mush said:
OK friends, I have some freebies to give away.

Zorua(s) with Sucker Punch
Timburr(s) with Drain Punch

Only thing I'm looking for in return are version exclusives (I have Black Version), starters (I chose Snivy), Sawk, and...

a Choice Scarf. :(

I've got a few white guys, or the other starters if you want for the Zorua?

FC 3267 4477 3002

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:
Grey needs to add:

SECRET BASES (not this dreamworld crap) which also work over the WFC
WFC surveys
WFC Entralink

uhhh some other stuff too

Move tutors.

And Ability tutors.

And online tournaments monthly, hosted by Nintendo in a Pokemon Stadium (as seen in the anime) like setting.

ShikaTheReaper said:
Any tips on raising a Deino like nature and a move set?

Timid, or Modest. He doesn't need to run a mixed set, because he can basically 2HKO anything outside of Blissey/Chansey. I have a Life Orb set with Dark Pulse / Dragon Pulse / Surf / Flamethrower for Battle Subway, but you could replace Dragon Pulse with Draco Meteor. Flamethrower can be replaced with Fire Blast as well for power. It should be noted that Dark Pulse will have to be bred from a 4th Generation Pokemon (like Seviper, or Gyarados), since nothing that learns Dark Pulse in 5th Generation can breed with it.

He does receive a number of good support moves. Taunt, Thunder-Wave, U-Turn. Many sets run Focus Blast, but the accuracy is hugely off putting to me (especially in Battle Subway).. while it gives me little in the way of coverage. While he also receives Earth Power, you can't use it with Dark Pulse, and thusly, Flamethrower/Surf make up for the coverage on Steel.

Awesome. Thanks man. : )

One of the reasons I wanted a Ralts is because I have two dawn stones and I kinda don't know what to do with them. = P

Roto13

Octorockin' said:
Awesome. Thanks man. : )

One of the reasons I wanted a Ralts is because I have two dawn stones and I kinda don't know what to do with them. = P
Clearly, I have the opposite problem. :p I'm trying to scrounge up enough evo stones to evolve every Pokemon that I can't find on the GTS. So far I managed to complete the Johto, Kanto, and Unova pokedexes with only two water stones. :p I've hit a wall in the Hoenn 'dex. It takes forever to find the stupid things in caves. Ugh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Holy Order Sol said:

Even though it's a crap move, it'd be nice if they had Snarl obtainable.

Also it's gonna be interesting to see how they put a whole battle frontier underground. I imagine it'll be like the hive from the RE movie...

Roto13 said:
Clearly, I have the opposite problem. :p I'm trying to scrounge up enough evo stones to evolve every Pokemon that I can't find on the GTS. So far I managed to complete the Johto, Kanto, and Unova pokedexes with only two water stones. :p I've hit a wall in the Hoenn 'dex. It takes forever to find the stupid things in caves. Ugh.

My national Pokedex is full of gaps, but I don't really mind. = P Good luck with those Hoenn Pokemon!

P.S. 999 rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom