• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
:(

Man from now on I should just post in PokeGAF and Android threads, haha, don't want to get banned again.

As long as you aren't insulting someone it's pretty easy not to get banned... Heheh.

Styles

Could some one with Pokemon Black Version be so kind as to trade the version exclusives with me?

That is, Cottonee, Gothita and Vullaby.

The legendaries will be traded right back, just so I can get their poke data, so that's Reshiram and Tornadus.

If you want any of Pokemon White Version exclusives just let me know.

FC: 2580 2540 4444

Firestorm

I might rent / borrow Grey to enter VGC next year at least >.> TPCi / Nintendo are jerks are require the newest version of the game to compete :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
As long as you aren't insulting someone it's pretty easy not to get banned... Heheh.

Sometimes I lose control... and sometimes I get banned for something I didn't even expect. <_<

D-Pad

Gray day one! Platinum was like, week two or something, but it got me back into the game after Diamond left a real meh taste in my mouth.

Vect said:
Could some one with Pokemon Black Version be so kind as to trade the version exclusives with me?

You can get Cottonee through an in-game trade in Nacrene City. There's a trainer who gives you one in exchange for a Petilil.

Styles

Reticent Rhino said:
You can get Cottonee through an in-game trade in Nacrene City. There's a trainer who gives you one in exchange for a Petilil.

Ah okay, thanks. ^^

Oh and also, if any have either a Tepig or Oshawott, I'd like one of those too!

Delio

EvilMario said:
Hydreigon is definitely a threat with the VGC ruleset, thanks to Levitate and its massive power. Protect, Priority moves and Trick Room (and weather in general) have a large impact on Doubles, keep in mind. And those will keep it in check a bit.

I'd keep an eye on Whimsicott in this tournament too, it's Taunt / Encore / Tail Wind with Prankster are devastating.

edit: Like I said before too, Hydreigon's best partner may be Jellicent. It can heal Jellicent with Surf, while Jellicent fires off Water Spouts.

Mmm i forgot about Whimsicott. Tailwind would be really interesting for my team i'm setting up in my head.

Whoa! I didn't know Zorua has the Illusion ability so when it came out as my swampert I jumped up wondering WTF did my game glitch up! Man was I relieved when I found out it was normal

D-Pad

Erm... Oh wow. So I run into a lv
43(!!!) Illumise
on route 3 (!!!). A lv 27 Litwik was the only able Pokemon in my party as I was hatching eggs (and leveling up a smeargle so it wouldn't lose iron tail because daycare lady is dumb). First quickball failed, Litwik avoided the first attack, threw a Net Ball, it breaks out, Litwik avoids ANOTHER attack, and the next Net Ball catches it. Too close.

The grass wasn't even shaking or anything, WTF! This was a completely normal encounter...

Gravijah

D-Pad said:
Erm... Oh wow. So I run into a lv
43(!!!) Illumise
on route 3 (!!!). A lv 27 Litwik was the only able Pokemon in my party as I was hatching eggs. First quickball failed, Litwik avoided the first attack, threw a Net Ball, it breaks out, Litwik avoids ANOTHER attack, and the next Net Ball catches it. Too close.

The grass wasn't even shaking or anything, WTF! This was a completely normal encounter...

Swarm, maybe?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Delio said:
Mmm i forgot about Whimsicott. Tailwind would be really interesting for my team i'm setting up in my head.

Secret:
Whimsicott bred with Beat Up can be paired with Terrakion. Whimsicott will use Beat Up on Terrakion and its ability, Justified, will activate 4 times, giving him +4 Attack before even moving (assuming your other Pokemon are still on your team). This works with all of the legendary trio of course, but Terrakion is definitely the best one suited for competitive play (and STAB Rock Slide in Doubles)

I haven't played with this myself, but I'm looking forward to it. :p

D-Pad

Gravijah said:
Swarm, maybe?
Swarm of death and destruction. Swarms should at least match the levels of surrounding Pokemon because damn. :\

Do you lose money when you fail a wild Pokemon battle?

Delio

EvilMario said:
Secret:
Whimsicott bred with Beat Up can be paired with Terrakion. Whimsicott will use Beat Up on Terrakion and its ability, Justified, will activate 4 times, giving him +4 Attack before even moving (assuming your other Pokemon are still on your team). This works with all of the legendary trio of course, but Terrakion is definitely the best one suited for competitive play (and STAB Rock Slide in Doubles)

I haven't played with this myself, but I'm looking forward to it. :p

Hehe yeah i saw that move used on a battle video. I was impressed by the use of it so maybeee i will play around with it.

Busaiku said:
Would it be possible to get Tail Wind on Whimsicott through the tutor if I evolve Cottonee after Cotton Guard?
Well, since both moves are level up, sure. You'll have to use a Heart Scale to get the Whimsicott move, though.

D-Pad

Articalys said:
Specifically, your highest Pokemon's level times a base amount depending on how many badges you have, capping at $120.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_out

So, the most you would ever have to pay out is $12000. I would guess, on average, during the late/post-game the penalty is around $5000 to $8000.
If the Trainer is currently holding less money than the amount calculated, (s)he will simply lose all his or her money and black out.
Er... Yow...

Mush

Articalys said:
Specifically, your highest Pokemon's level times a base amount depending on how many badges you have, capping at $120.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Black_out

So, the most you would ever have to pay out is $12000. I would guess, on average, during the late/post-game the penalty is around $5000 to $8000.
Hey, at least it's not as bad as R/S/E where you would lose HALF of what you currently had.

Gen III was so hardcore, man.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mush said:
Hey, at least it's not as bad as R/S/E where you would lose HALF of what you currently had.

Gen III was so hardcore, man.

No, Gen 1 was hardcore, they just didn't bother changing it until Gen 4.

Just throwing this out there, but...

Does someone have an extra Power Anklet (Speed) and Power Bracer (Attack) they can give me? I need it for...something.

I can offer...a bunch of Larvesta, Snivy, and male Dark Pulse Deino.

Articalys

Okay, I just took my first look at GTS request trading -- why are there so many impossible requests up there? Doesn't that make it entirely useless?

Articalys said:
Okay, I just took my first look at GTS request trading -- why are there so many impossible requests up there? Doesn't that make it entirely useless?

i have no idea, can you even clone in this game? are people just being dicks?

Vect said:

The legendaries will be traded right back, just so I can get their poke data, so that's Reshiram and Tornadus.

There's a person in Nacrene city that will trade you a Cottonee for a Petilil.

Articalys

DoomXploder7 said:
i have no idea, can you even clone in this game? are people just being dicks?
I mean the things like level 1 legendaries when you can't breed them. Other stuff is legit but basically just one extreme trade for another, like only lvl. 100 starters for lvl. 1 starters and things like that.

Articalys said:
Think of it as people taking all the good trades, leaving the stupid ones behind.

Sometimes, you get lucky. If you want to just get results, it's recommended you breed up rare pokes (like starters, for example), and put it up for stuff you want.

Vect said:

I can trade you those if you want

FC 2365 52887178

zumphry

Banned
Thinking about the ending more,
I doubt we'll see N in any R/S/E remakes. A Plasma grunt references Teams Rocket and Galactic. That (most probably) means Gen V happens after Gen II and IV, with N having no way to time travel to Gens I and III. So anything extra ("Tao Trio" story explanations, Ghetsis/Sages) will probably happen in Gray (..Grey?) or Gen VI

I'll also slap/add an apology to myself for actually sperging out about Pokemon's story above.

Izayoi said:
Just finished uploading the Gen I music, in a playlist for your convenience:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DrewMcDuffy#grid/user/038D374BD6EFB0C5

I'm working on Gen II stuff right now. Gen III tomorrow probably.

Are you going to add more than just the battle tracks from each Gen? What about remakes?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hrm the guy in Opelucid City isn't giving me musical swag anymore, any reason?

ZayneH said:
Thinking about the ending more,
I doubt we'll see N in any R/S/E remakes. A Plasma grunt references Teams Rocket and Galactic. That (most probably) means Gen V happens after Gen II and IV, with N having no way to time travel to Gens I and III. So anything extra ("Tao Trio" story explanations, Ghetsis/Sages) will probably happen in Gray (..Grey?) or Gen VI

I'll also slap/add an apology to myself for actually sperging out about Pokemon's story above.

Yeah, chronologically B/W are the latest. Why did you think anything would be referenced in the R/S remakes?

zumphry

Banned
Andrex said:
Yeah, chronologically B/W are the latest. Why did you think anything would be referenced in the R/S remakes?

I wasn't, personally. A few people were wondering if they'd reference B/W's ending in them, so I kinda added my opinion into other peoples.

Gravijah

Iyazoi, use the tree one for FRLG. Don't like the one above it.
Firestorm said:
Ugh taking some time for me to learn English names. Still refer to them by the nicknames :(

Ice Cream, Pringles, Pants Lizard...

thank god for blackouts

...wait, which one is pringles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom