• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Grey needs to add:

SECRET BASES (not this dreamworld crap) which also work over the WFC
WFC surveys
WFC Entralink

uhhh some other stuff too

Izayoi

Banned
Starwolf_UK said:
Kind of earlier with what I was saying...I should have just linked to this wikipedia article :(

It does that seem that way. I'll assume you're referring to Highly advanced
if you're referring to GSF decoder...erm, try and earlier version I guess?

Highly Advanced 0.11 is based off visual boy advance (VBA) and is a hackjob of that code at best. That was the standard for years. Set interpolation to none and turn on low pass filter are the closest you get to GBA (the interpolation is a bit of a mess, something like it interpolates the 2 PCM channels the instruments get crammed into rather than the instruments).

A bit more recently (2009), GSF Decoder made by some Japanese guy came up. It uses the VBA-M code instead so given its using newer, improved code it'll work better (apparently Sonic Advance 2 is one game thats particularly noticeable). While these plugins are mainly coded for foobar2000 there are winamp plugins which seem to work even if they're missing a few features.

If that doesn't work it could just be bad rips or something else entirely...
I've got both Highly Advanced for Winamp and the viogsf plugin for foobar2000 - both spit out the same results, unfortunately.

However, with your tweaks, it now seems to work great! Thank you so much, holy shit.

Cromat

So i'm buying the game today.

What's better, Black City or White Forest?
I can't decide :(
The other things like exclusive pokemon are also the same in my eyes.

What's the majority vote?

Izayoi

Banned
Getting them to loop is so time consuming, though. Ugh. I think I'll just upload everything as is first and then go back and do looping tracks for everything.

Mudkip (Relaxed)

HP: 26 - 27
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 31
SpA: 10 - 11
SpD: 24 - 25
Speed: 8 - 9

SOOOOOO CLOSE. I just need a bit higher SpA. Or maybe I can just ignore that. It is just the Subway Battle facility...

The Lamp

Gravijah said:
Black has the superior Opelucid City.

White has the useful addition which is White Forest.

Also WTF Secret Bases are one of the coolest additions to the franchise and 8 years later online base-shenanigans between Pokemon players is STILL not an established feature for Pokemon games? Ugh.

Miutsu

Cromat said:
So i'm buying the game today.

What's better, Black City or White Forest?
I can't decide :(
The other things like exclusive pokemon are also the same in my eyes.

What's the majority vote?

Need to know this as well! I got both of them today but one is for me and one for my partner. Initially we decided that I would get white and he black but now he's kinda undecided and I would like to know which do you prefer/is better :D

I'm sure this question has been asked more than enough times in this thread but I really don't wanna spoil myself more than I have.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Grey needs to add:

SECRET BASES (not this dreamworld crap) which also work over the WFC
WFC surveys
WFC Entralink

uhhh some other stuff too

They need to streamline the overworld so you can bike around the whole thing if you want. Two annoyances that prevent this:

- The giant rock on Route 13 making you surf to get around it.
- The desert between Castelia and Nimbasa; make that road go the whole way! If I wanted to walk into desert patches I'd go to Relic Castle.

Gravijah said:
Black has the superior Opelucid City.

White Forest has one of the best tunes in the game, though. And Iris > Shagohod or whatever his name was.

Boogiepop

So, in the Subway again, and the opponent leads with a Skarmory. Since I have my Starmie out, I figure I'll just Thunderbolt it, and it outspeeds me and Night Slashes. I figure it's a Zoroark, but... it's not. One of the Subway people scarfs their Skarmory. Seems like an odd choice. (I won, but still.... really caught me off guard.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Just pushed out a major update to the OP (if anyone cares.) Probably the biggest update since I made the thing, mostly because I actually know how everything works now and I'm not blindly guessing based on second-hand accounts and Bulbapedia scraps like I was before.

Version 2.5 changelog:
  • Massive rewrite to the Zorua/Zoroark event subsection, with detailed steps on unlocking the Relocator, and where to find each Pokemon
  • Massive rewrite of most of the subsections in the Online section, as well as moving several of them around. Significant updates about the C-Gear, Pokemon Global Link, the Dream World, and the random matchup feature. Minor updates about the Battle Union and Entralink.
  • Minor update to the rivals subsection.

Still to-do:
  • Create a "Minor Changes" section with stuff like the 60fps battles, no bike path/Safari Zone/Game Corner, no L=A, the experience scaling, etc. Maybe move the Pokewalker and TM info to that section, too.
  • Add info about the Poke Transfer... somewhere.
  • Maybe separate the Global Link stuff, C-Gear stuff, and GTS stuff into their own sections?

Would be nice to have some input on any of this. :)

Boogiepop

Bah, Battle Subway. Got to the 4th train, about midway through, and I lost by an INCH. Just one Sawk, and he had a tiny, tiny sliver left. Stupid focus blasting Abomasnow. Oh well, one more Power item and I can start working on the TMs.

Azure J

Trying to work out how I'm raising a Dark Pulse Denio from scratch is damn frustrating right now. Anyone here breeding them? I don't have anything of note I can really offer for it though...

Edit: While I'm doing this, what about Tepigs or Oshawotts? What kind of things do people want for them here? :p

Boogiepop

BTW, has anyone in here even gotten close to the end of the Super Single Subway? I've only gotten about halfway, but I really want to make it to the big guy at the end again and reap his sweet, sweet load of Battle Points.
At least I'm getting PP Ups and Rare Candies from the platform...

Gravijah said:
I'm taking that Zorua back.

Oh you can have him back! I forced him to mate against his will. You can pay for his therapy.

Mank said:
BTW, has anyone in here even gotten close to the end of the Super Single Subway? I've only gotten about halfway, but I really want to make it to the big guy at the end again and reap his sweet, sweet load of Battle Points.
At least I'm getting PP Ups and Rare Candies from the platform...

Curious as to what you are using. I was thinking of going Tyranitar/Excadrill/Swampert. I'm afraid I'll have some problems with things like Skarmory, though Tyranitar can learn Thunderbolt/Flamethrower.

KingK said:
Are you shitting me?! White's Opelucid City theme is one of my favorite tracks in the game.

Perhaps you have an ear infection or something? Idk but you might want to go to a doctor. Something is wrong with your ears.

Holy Order Sol said:

White's Opelucid City theme sucks.

Obsessed said:
Perhaps you have an ear infection or something? Idk but you might want to go to a doctor. Something is wrong with your ears.

hey if I hadn't listened to every other track in the game i'd say it's my favorite track in the game too. to be honest i do like it and it fits the setting of white opelucid city well.

Boogiepop

Obsessed said:
Curious as to what you are using. I was thinking of going Tyranitar/Excadrill/Swampert. I'm afraid I'll have some problems with things like Skarmory, though Tyranitar can learn Thunderbolt/Flamethrower.
Currently I've been running Starmie/Weavile/Garchomp, and it's been doing decently for me, at least getting me up into the mid-high twenties.
Also, I'm no longer a Junior!

Azure J

KingK said:
Are you shitting me?! White's Opelucid City theme is one of my favorite tracks in the game.

Grey version better be a badass fusion game because I seriously can't pick sides in regards to which Opelucid City theme I like better. Neutral fo' lyfe.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm thinking when the next Wi-Fi event is announced, I'll move the "Events" section up towards the top in order for it to be found easier. I figure by then, we'll have settled into a group of regular players with one or two curious newbies every now and then.

Mank said:
Currently I've been running Starmie/Weavile/Garchomp, and it's been doing decently for me, at least getting me up into the mid-high twenties.
Also, I'm no longer a Junior!

Are your guys EV trained/have good IVs?

AzureJericho said:
Trying to work out how I'm raising a Dark Pulse Denio from scratch is damn frustrating right now. Anyone here breeding them? I don't have anything of note I can really offer for it though...

Edit: While I'm doing this, what about Tepigs or Oshawotts? What kind of things do people want for them here? :p
Hmm, still need a DP Deino to start off with?

To anyone else: I have 4 male Dark Pulse Deino right now. I take any pre-Unova Pokémon. But if you don't have any of those, I'll take anything :)

Azure J

ryan-ts said:
Best to not evolve it, plain old Eevee is better than the evolutions.

Yeah, I said it.

Why does Umbreon get to be so awesome looking (especially as a shiny) when it has no attack whatsoever? :(

Edit - Yes please @ above.

Azure J

Andrex said:
Still waiting on the awesome Aireon evo. >_>

Draceon here, but watch it be horribly botched and not learn Dragon Claw/Outrage somehow.

/still salty that Umbreon couldn't Crunch in G/S/C and beyond

AzureJericho said:
Draceon here, but watch it be horribly botched and not learn Dragon Claw/Outrage somehow.

/still salty that Umbreon couldn't Crunch in G/S/C and beyond

You mean like how they never gave Flareon any good fire moves?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now that the dam has been broken through, there's no reason we shouldn't see more pure flying types... I hope...

Next gen is gonna be awesome. I'm thinking since they held off this gen, they'll have tons of evos for old Pokemon next gen (like D/P, which is another reason why Gen 4 is awesome.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom