• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Andrex said:
I'll do it for you, if that's OK.

Edit- It was GMT-8 already.

Edit 2- Oh you have two copies. They're both GMT-8 now.

In that case, my code was: 0647 5085 5917

EDIT: Thats what it was, missing a 5 somehow.

Gravijah

MidnightScott said:
Nimbasa City!

My team is now complete:

Servine 29
Scraggy 27
Darumaka 16
Joltik 27
Tirtouga 25
Zorua 23

Oh, shit! When can I transfer the legendary trio of shiny dudebros into BW?

And argh, forgot to get one of those Celebis at GameStop... Gonna have to get a clone later.

Man, I'm disappointed the PC didn't finally get rid of the Withdrawl Pokemon and Deposit Pokemon options. If I do one, I pretty much always want to do the other. Just make Move the default command, guys.

Izayoi

Banned
MacGurcules said:
Man, I'm disappointed the PC didn't finally get rid of the Withdrawl Pokemon and Deposit Pokemon options. If I do one, I pretty much always want to do the other. Just make Move the default command, guys.
No kidding. I never understood the logic behind keeping those around.

Emitan

Izayoi said:
No kidding. I never understood the logic behind keeping those around.
TMs are multi-use now. Just give them a few generations before they implement such a radical change again, sheesh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is Audino any good? Thinking of shoving it in the PC box. It's single-type and normal (and I already am training up a Lillipup.) It has good TM potential it seems, but its normal moveset seems lame if you're not doing a double or triple battle.

Teknoman said:
In that case, my code was: 0647 5085 5917

EDIT: Thats what it was, missing a 5 somehow.

Fixed then.

Izayoi said:
Thanks dude.

Np.

At this point, Black and White are even, and as for the games' regions: 3% are Japanese, 48% are European, and 50% are American. Dunno how GDocs came up with that math but that's what it says.

Amount of responses:

Qybsf.png

Gravijah said:
Oh, shit! When can I transfer the legendary trio of shiny dudebros into BW?

And argh, forgot to get one of those Celebis at GameStop... Gonna have to get a clone later.

When you get to Castelia City you talk to a certain dude and enter the code words "Everyone Happy Simple Connection" and it unlocks the Relocation program which will appear in the main menu of the game before you select your file. You'll need to have them in a box.

Somnid said:
So what's the final word on region lock?

Only the Japanese version is region locked on DSi/XL & 3DS that aren't from Japan.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Somnid said:
So what's the final word on region lock?

PAL versions can definitely be played on Japanese DSi's and DSi XL's. Probably Japanese 3DS's, too.

The reverse does not seem to be true. Nobody has attempted to bring North American carts into the mix it seems.

Of course, played on a normal DS the games are completely region-free.

Delio

Welp just stepped out of the third gym with

Dozle the Tympole Lv 23

Emma the Swadloon Lv 24

Loran the Herdier Lv 22

And of course Amuro the Pignite Lv 23

Ugh but Swadloon evolves with happiness i hope i'm making it happy.

Izayoi

Banned
I'm not the only one who feels bad when I'm beating the shit out of Audino while it just sits there healing me, right?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Forceatowulf said:
What's the soonest I can catch an Emlga?

I've always liked his design since the first I saw him but his stats were ass so I decided to pass him up. Well I've reconsidered that and I want one. Hopefully I don't need more than two badges before he's available...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
How many actual Pokemon are you guys keeping in your teams? I'm going with 4+fly HM slave+HM slave.

Probably the same, that setup seemed to work fantastic in Platinum when I played last June.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
How many actual Pokemon are you guys keeping in your teams? I'm going with 4+fly HM slave+HM slave.
Since you need each HM literally one time to advance the story, I have six Pokemon. Rotate out one when necessary for the HM.

Teknoman

Personally, I have no idea what im going to want to train/use, since everything that pops up (aside from the few that are on Nintendo's website/ talked about here) is brand new to me.

I'm even finding myself examining the TVs, since that move show is actually pretty helpful.

So GAF, I'm ambivalent. Should I install DD-WRT on my router so I can set up a separate WLAN for my stupid DS and its stupid fifteen year old security limitations. Or should I stay with Tomato and just punch a hole in my security every time I want to get online and trade or whatever?

On the one hand, I like Tomato. I'm not really some network whiz and I like how it's simple but powerful. DD-WRT seems very kitchen sink-y with a pile of extra crap I don't think I'll ever use.

On the other hand, I won't trust my wireless network to just WEP fulltime. And it's a hassle to change my security every time I want to do a little something online.

Somebody make up my mind for me.

Gravijah

Teknoman said:
Personally, I have no idea what im going to want to train/use, since everything that pops up (aside from the few that are on Nintendo's website/ talked about here) is brand new to me.

That's the problem I'm having, since I keep running across new stuff that I like. Like ROGGENROLLA! FUCK YEAH!

I also dunno which Pokemon are "gimmick" Pokemon with no evolutions. :(

Speakin' of, does Pansear have an evolution or should I boot his ass?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MacGurcules said:
So GAF, I'm ambivalent. Should I install DD-WRT on my router so I can set up a separate WLAN for my stupid DS and its stupid fifteen year old security limitations. Or should I stay with Tomato and just punch a hole in my security every time I want to get online and trade or whatever?

On the one hand, I like Tomato. I'm not really some network whiz and I like how it's simple but powerful. DD-WRT seems very kitchen sink-y with a pile of extra crap I don't think I'll ever use.

On the other hand, I won't trust my wireless network to just WEP fulltime. And it's a hassle to change my security every time I want to do a little something online.

Somebody make up my mind for me.

Buy a USB connector off eBay for $15-30?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I had forgot how glacial the walking speed in these games is.

I'm a bit disappointed that the stores are now located inside the Pokémon Center, but I guess it makes sense. How else would they finance all that free healthcare?

789shadow

Banned
Gravijah said:
That's the problem I'm having, since I keep running across new stuff that I like. Like ROGGENROLLA! FUCK YEAH!

I also dunno which Pokemon are "gimmick" Pokemon with no evolutions. :(

Speakin' of, does Pansear have an evolution or should I boot his ass?
I can say for sure Roggenrola has 3 stages.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Buy a USB connector off eBay for $15-30?

If he has Windows 7 the Nintendo WiFi dongle isn't gonna work. Or at least it didn't last I checked.

Regulus Tera said:

I'm a bit disappointed that the stores are now located inside the Pokémon Center, but I guess it makes sense. How else would they finance all that free healthcare?

You'll get Running Shoes soon.

I'm disappointed the stores are in the Pokemon Center because the shops have amazing music. :/

KingK

Izayoi said:
When you get a gym leader down to their last Pokemon, the theme changes and this plays.

So awesome.

I just clicked that link and as soon as the music started playing, an uncontrollable smile appeared on my face.

I'm so ready for this game. Exams need to be over so I can start playing!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
If he has Windows 7 the Nintendo WiFi dongle isn't gonna work. Or at least it didn't last I checked.

Oh yeah. But wouldn't Windows XP mode work?

Hrm I dunno.

789shadow

Banned
Regulus Tera said:

Everything before running shoes = torture.

Izayoi

Banned
Regulus Tera said:

It does make the Running Shoes seem blazingly fast, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom