• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
illadelph said:
so a random chick just gave me a Pansear? who the fuck gives a Pokemon away for no reason? does it have aids or some shit?
The first gym leader using whatever pokemon your starter is weak too and the monkey you get is to help you win.

Neiteio

Gravijah said:
That's the problem I'm having, since I keep running across new stuff that I like. Like ROGGENROLLA! FUCK YEAH!

I also dunno which Pokemon are "gimmick" Pokemon with no evolutions. :(

Speakin' of, does Pansear have an evolution or should I boot his ass?
Pansear evolves. As do his Grass-type and Water-type counterparts. That Roggenrola you just caught evolves twice, and his final form is AWESOME.

I did a quick count and only 12 non-legendaries of the 156 new Pokemon are single forms that don't evolve. And most are useful in their own ways... Some may argue all of them.

illadelph said:
so a random chick just gave me a Pansear? who the fuck gives a Pokemon away for no reason? does it have aids or some shit?
we don't like questions around these parts, take your pokemon and leave if you know whats good for ya.

illadelph

MatthewB92 said:
The first gym leader using whatever pokemon your starter is weak too and the monkey you get is to help you win.

Ohh so I assume there's three different monkeys then? I just thought it was weird that there was this girl handing monkeys out like candy.

Imagine if that girl giving away monkeys wasn't there though, just so the game can mess with people playing.

"Hah, your starter's no good here!"

Izayoi

Banned
Holy FUCK the new trade animation is fucking amazing.

Also, the friend code interface and union room are classy as fuck.

Well played, Gamefreak.

Delio

ColtraineGF said:
Imagine if that girl giving away monkeys wasn't there though, just so the game can mess with people playing.

So you level the puppy and roll all over the gym anyways >_>

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ColtraineGF said:

I would expect the Gym leader to have Troll Face.

survivor

Banned
Ok time to face the 3rd gym leader. The problem is I got nothing to hit him for super effective except for my Timburr's Rock Throw. Let's do this

Emitan

ColtraineGF said:

189289-pokemonyellow_large.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, how does the Wifi trade room work? Two people have each others friend code, and both are online, they will show up in the same room?

Billychu said:
Mankey/Nidoran was my game back then.

In any case, Lenora just ran roughshod over my team with Retaliate. Geez.

I mean, I beat her the second time, but still...

Also, when she put me to sleep with Hypnosis, I had a flashback to me getting Chesto Berries from
Cheren
. "I should have saw this coming", I thought.

People sure like giving you stuff in this game.

Zomba13

So yeah. First gym down, Team all lvl 15 now (yay for shaking grass and Audinos).
Smugleaf the Snivy
Derpy Hoof the Blitzle
Seamonkey the Panpour
Drillbert the Drilbur
Misty the Purrloin
and Reggie the Roggenrola

Will probably change them about a bit in the future. I'm liking most of the new Pokémon designs so far.

Gravijah

Drkirby said:
I don't want to have to input 40+ friend codes though :/

*Gets to entering*

Only put the important ones! :p Or really, only input them when you wanna trade/etc with the other person. I don't think you can do much else anyway.

Emitan

I guess this is really more of a question for people who have the Japanese version but are there less garbage Pokemon in this game? I'm tired of throwing away almost everything I catch in the beginning of the game.

Gravijah

Billychu said:
I guess this is really more of a question for people who have the Japanese version but are there less garbage Pokemon in this game? I'm tired of throwing away almost everything I catch in the beginning of the game.

Someone answered earlier that almost every Pokemon has some use.

Salsa

4169-3745-5031

Lets do this shit

edit: why isnt there an option for "Region: South America" on the googlesheet for the friendcodes ? i feel violated.

Neiteio

TheOGB said:
Oh geez, this one's worse

So did anyone else almost flip their shit when they saw
"Youngster Joey wants to battle!"
?
Oh wow, I didn't know there were different versions of Plasma in Mystical Ninja. Or maybe I did but I had forgotten.

Either way, PURASUMA!

Gravijah

SalsaShark said:
edit: why isnt there an option for "Region: South America" on the googlesheet for the friendcodes ? i feel violated.

south americans are banned cause you might steal our pokemon

D-Pad

On the third gym. I'm so happy I stuck with my Never-Ever-Buy-Super-Potions-Because-You-Know-Fresh-Waters-Are-Right-Around-The-Corner-For-Half-The-Price plan. Never fails. :D

XxCGSxX

I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to get the ground shaking trick to work and it doesn't. What am I dong wrong? I am trying it in route 2 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom