• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
I can breed you one. Would you happen to have a Mawile, Aron (or one of its evolutions) or a Dusk Stone?

EDIT: Actually, especially an Aron, since it looks like that's going to be a total pain in the ass for me to find.
Let me look in my other games for an Aron... I'm missing a lot of Pokemon I swear I carried over to Gen IV.
Andrex said:
Until my flying team swoops in an pecks out their fleshy little bug bodies. <.<
We would have, of course, planned for that, and would have, of course, ways of dealing with your feathered friends.

Teknoman

Is there any benefit to giving a poison type toxic?

Also i'm thinking about switching out Will o wisp for Toxic on my Cofagricus. Trying to go for a curse of the pharaoh style moveset, and while reduced attack and damage over time from will o wisp is nice, it seems to miss at the worst times.

D-Pad

Andrex: I can't tell you, duh!

Roto13: Just found all of my Pokemon I thought I had transferred over, including Flea, my Ninjask. <3 I also have a couple of arons, but I have no way of bringing these Pokemon to Black and White (my sister took my blue phat to school with her). However, if you have the other DS Pokemon games (D/P/Pt/HG/SS), then I think we can do this... And you can help me out as well.

Roto13

D-Pad said:
Andrex: I can't tell you, duh!

Roto13: Just found all of my Pokemon I thought I had transferred over, including Flea, my Ninjask. <3 I also have a couple of arons, but I have no way of bringing these Pokemon to Black and White (my sister took my blue phat to school with her). However, if you have the other DS Pokemon games (D/P/Pt/HG/SS), then I think we can do this... And you can help me out as well.
Ok, do you still want this Nincada? We'll have to trade twice, since it's in my Black version. :p Gimme a few minutes to find a throwaway Pokemon for HeartGold and track down my friend code and I'll nab that Aron.

Teknoman said:

Also i'm thinking about switching out Will o wisp for Toxic on my Cofagricus. Trying to go for a curse of the pharaoh style moveset, and while reduced attack and damage over time from will o wisp is nice, it seems to miss at the worst times.

I'd honestly stick with Wisp...when it does hit, Cofagrigus already has pretty good DEF, so the ATK penalty hurts even worse...unless it's one of their last Pokemon, they can just keep switching out on you if you use Toxic.

Teknoman

drtomoe123 said:
I'd honestly stick with Wisp...when it does hit, Cofagrigus already has pretty good DEF, so the ATK penalty hurts even worse...unless it's one of their last Pokemon, they can just keep switching out on you if you use Toxic.

Thanks, guess i'll just give it an acc boost item.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
Ok, do you still want this Nincada? We'll have to trade twice, since it's in my Black version. :p Gimme a few minutes to find a throwaway Pokemon for HeartGold and track down my friend code and I'll nab that Aron.

I have to do the whole Pal Park thing, so no hurry. :p Loading up HG now. And thank you!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Teknoman said:

There are two levels of poison. The one standard poison does 1/8 damage every turn, not building up. 'Most' secondary effects that cause Poison (ie; Sludge Bomb) does this damage, one layer of Toxic spikes, or Poison Point (ability), etc.

Then there is Badly Poisoned, which does 1/16 and grows an additional 1/16 every turn, taking 2/16 max hit points the second turn, then 3/16 the third turn.. etc This is inflicted with two layers of Toxic Spikes, the move Toxic, or Poison Fang's secondary effect.

As for Toxic vs. Will-O-Wisp.. Will-O-Wisp is really handy, letting you buffer physical hits very well, and it does good damage. It's still not perfect accuracy with Toxic however, being 90%. But it might make you pull your hair out a bit less.

Roto13

D-Pad said:
I have to do the whole Pal Park thing, so no hurry. :p Loading up HG now.
Alright, apparently mine is 5199 4928 1888. What's yours? I hope you like Growlithe, since it's literally the only Pokemon left in my HeartGold game that isn't part of my party. :p

Teknoman said:
Thanks, guess i'll just give it an acc boost item.

If you don't mind me asking, what set are you looking at? I was interested in maybe running a Cofagrigus at some point, too. I know mine is looking like:

@Leftovers
-Will O Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Haze
-Calm Mind

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
Alright, apparently mine is 5199 4928 1888. What's yours? I hope you like Growlithe, since it's literally the only Pokemon left in my HeartGold game that isn't part of my party. :p

Growlithe is cool! 3868 0329 2945 - Going to pal park now... I'm glad I decided to keep a bird pokemon in the game, having brought everything else to White. :p

Teknoman

drtomoe123 said:
If you don't mind me asking, what set are you looking at? I was interested in maybe running a Cofagrigus at some point, too. I know mine is looking like:

@Leftovers
-Will O Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Haze
-Calm Mind

Not sure how well it'll work in an actual fight but:

Mean Look
Hex
Will O Wisp
Curse (in case it's about to get KO'd)

EvilMario said:
There are two levels of poison. The one standard poison does 1/8 damage every turn, not building up. 'Most' secondary effects that cause Poison (ie; Sludge Bomb) does this damage, one layer of Toxic spikes, or Poison Point (ability), etc.

Then there is Badly Poisoned, which does 1/16 and grows an additional 1/16 every turn, taking 2/16 max hit points the second turn, then 3/16 the third turn.. etc This is inflicted with two layers of Toxic Spikes, the move Toxic, or Poison Fang's secondary effect.

As for Toxic vs. Will-O-Wisp.. Will-O-Wisp is really handy, letting you buffer physical hits very well, and it does good damage. It's still not perfect accuracy with Toxic however, being 90%. But it might make you pull your hair out a bit less.

Guess i'll stick with poison attacks for stab+possible poison and put toxic on certain fast pokemon.

Roto13

D-Pad said:
Growlithe is cool! 3868 0329 2945 - Going to pal park now... I'm glad I decided to keep a bird pokemon in the game, having brought everything else to White. :p
Ok, I'm going to head into the wi fi room. Take your time. :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:

Yeah, I keep my starter and a Pokemon that can fly behind in my old games, just in case.

Roto13

Thanks a lot, D-Pad, you saved me a bunch of trouble. Do you still want that Nincada in Black/White? I'm number 53 on the official list.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
Thanks a lot, D-Pad, you saved me a bunch of trouble. Do you still want that Nincada in Black/White?

No problem, and yes please, if it's not too much trouble! :)

Andrex: I think I shall. >:p Should be fun, if not a good experience for me. Let me read up on it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Teknoman said:
Not sure how well it'll work in an actual fight but:

Mean Look
Hex
Will O Wisp
Curse (in case it's about to get KO'd)

Guess i'll stick with poison attacks for stab+possible poison and put toxic on certain fast pokemon.

Wouldn't Destiny Bond be better than Curse? You'd take down the opponent's Pokemon entirely. Otherwise, they will just switch out when Cursed.

Wiseblade said:
EvilMario, you should register too.

I've been thinking about it, but I really don't want to go through the trouble. It's my wife's birthday that week, and then mine the following week, so it's sure to be busy. Also, I don't want to get my butt kicked. ;)

Teknoman

Personally I think as many people as possible should sign up (if you think you'll have the time) for the tournament. Even if you arent that experienced, it's always fun to fight against actual people, see Pokemon preferences, etc.

Roto13

D-Pad said:
No problem, and yes please, if it's not too much trouble! :)

Andrex: I think I shall. >:p Should be fun, if not a good experience for me. Let me read up on it.
Ha ha ha ha ha, ok, apparently I bred you a Nincada, hatched it, and then didn't save. xP So sorry. I'll breed you another one. Gimme a few minutes.

D-Pad

Roto13 said:
Ha ha ha ha ha, ok, apparently I bred you a Nincada, hatched it, and then didn't save. xP So sorry. I'll breed you another one. Gimme a few minutes.

:p

Why are some names in the pal pad appearing red?

Question PokeGAF!

I just evolved my Tynamo into an Elektrik, kind of a pain int he ass btw.

Is there any reason to not thunder stone him right away? With the move re-learner, once the Elektross gets past the levels the previous eve could learn can I just go to him for the moves since the evolution cant learn anything via lvl. Or am I fucked using him for awhile until I get good moves.

Delio

EvilMario said:
I've been thinking about it, but I really don't want to go through the trouble. It's my wife's birthday that week, and then mine the following week, so it's sure to be busy. Also, I don't want to get my butt kicked. ;)

Aw i was looking forward to facing you in the tournament.

I'm only at the 6th gyI wont be far enough along for this tournament. Not to mention I don't get all this Iv stuff, or breeding. I just play and fill my national dex.

Wiseblade

HenryGale said:
Question PokeGAF!

I just evolved my Tynamo into an Elektrik, kind of a pain int he ass btw.

Is there any reason to not thunder stone him right away? With the move re-learner, once the Elektross gets past the levels the previous eve could learn can I just go to him for the moves since the evolution cant learn anything via lvl. Or am I fucked using him for awhile until I get good moves.

Eelektross' movepool actually shrinks when he evolves, so you won't be able to use the move re-learner that was once you evolve it. Best to just keep it as an eelektrik until it learns everything you care about.

Spr_5b_558.png

This guy is my favorite bug Pokemon this gen. It's pokedex entries and the ones for it's unevolved form are pretty funny.

Andrex said:

Well I just had fun looking through all of that. : ) There are so many creative fans of this series.

Glix

Wiseblade said:
Eelektross' movepool actually shrinks when he evolves, so you won't be able to use the move re-learner that was once you evolve it. Best to just keep it as an eelektrik until it learns everything you care about.

You can look at the info on serebii and it shows the moves that you will no longer be able to learn once you evolve. I waited until 44 to get thunderbolt, then I evolved him.

Teknoman

HenryGale said:
I'm only at the 6th gyI wont be far enough along for this tournament. Not to mention I don't get all this Iv stuff, or breeding. I just play and fill my national dex.

No problem, just treat it like a normal link cable battle (if you played back in the link cable days). Your team types might just make you gain that extra edge.

But if you feel like you wont be far enough by then, that cant be helped. Dont think the date is set in stone yet though.

Andrefpvs

I just finished a program to help me count EVs while EV training. It's nothing big, just something to help me keep track without having to pay much attention to stuff and to tell me if I've screwed up somewhere.

Is there any interest here for this? I could share it if you want.

Wiseblade

Andrefpvs said:
I just finished a program to help me count EVs while EV training. It's nothing big, just something to help me keep track without having to pay much attention to stuff and to tell me if I've screwed up somewhere.

YES

Andrefpvs said:

Definitely. I can't see it being any worse than the way I do it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Holy Order Sol said:
Stop tempting me. :<

DO IT

You too EvilMario!

Andrefpvs said:

I'd possibly be interested if I knew more about how it works.

Also thanks for inspiring me to get a new avy. :)

D-Pad

Andrefpvs said:

Awesome! High-five fellow designer! I did the same, and was just planning on upgrading it to automatically account for held items.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Octorockin' said:
Spr_5b_558.png

This guy is my favorite bug Pokemon this gen. It's pokedex entries and the ones for it's unevolved form are pretty funny.
Really? One of the biggest blows for me. I loved his unevolved form a lot and seeing that horrendous cube lump of soil as a shell was truly heart breaking.

D-Pad

BGBW said:
Really? One of the biggest blows for me. I loved his unevolved form a lot and seeing that horrendous cube lump of soil as a shell was truly heart breaking.
That is a pretty weird design, huh? A bug with a perfectly cubed chunk of earth right on top of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom