• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
Gorgeous image.

Here's a random thought: Forest/Jungle Green is an awesome palette of colors. Take HGSS Viridian Forest, for example. Look how much better it looks with its greenish pallete.
No doubt. My favorite is that cool green/blue look (especially present in the full image that your avatar was borrowed from).

Mountains, forests/jungles, and the ocean are my favorite motifs in artwork.

So soothing and pretty.

Gravijah said:
Oh Gamefreak.

Andrefpvs

Izayoi said:
No doubt. My favorite is that cool green/blue look (especially present in the full image that your avatar was borrowed from).

Mountains, forests/jungles, and the ocean are my favorite motifs in artwork.

So soothing and pretty.

Indeed, I think we share the same tastes.

Here's the image you were talking about -- posting this for argumentation purposes, please don't ban me (or is fan art okay in this one thread?)

Gravijah said:

Oh snap, I remember this.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Articalys said:
JD9Bul.jpg

I found this for a HG/SS image; don't really know what you're looking for so not sure what else might fit. Action images, scenic images, whatever?

Missing Leaf. :/

Glix

My buddy has been using the two guys you can get from PBR as part of his online team. How do they stack up, competitively?

Izayoi

Banned
Glix said:
My buddy has been using the two guys you can get from PBR as part of his online team. How do they stack up, competitively?
Magmortar and Electivire, right?

They're not terrible, but there are definitely better Pokemon out there.

Wiseblade

Mush said:
I think you know why.
;_;

On-Topic - I caught this a couple days ago:

638.png

Cobalion - #638 (Naive)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 6 - 8
Def: 23 - 25
SpA: 29
SpD: 9 - 10
Speed: 27 - 29

I'm thinking of trying a calm mind set with it. Thoughts?

Mush

Wiseblade said:
;_;

On-Topic - I caught this a couple days ago:

638.png

Cobalion - #638 (Naive)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 6 - 8
Def: 23 - 25
SpA: 29
SpD: 9 - 10
Speed: 27 - 29

I'm thinking of trying a calm mind set with it. Thoughts?
Doesn't really have the move pool for Special moves imo. Focus Blast and Flash Cannon are it's only 2 STAB Special attacks. Unless you're thinking of a defensive variant?

Articalys

Hilda and Hilbert are absolute abominations of names which is why I named my character Touya.

EDIT: Oh ffs, I just wasted the RNG of a critical capture on an Alomomlolomolomola. It was pretty cool to see it actually happen though!

Wiseblade

Mush said:
Doesn't really have the move pool for Special moves imo. Focus Blast and Flash Cannon are it's only 2 STAB Special attacks. Unless you're thinking of a defensive variant?
I'm not even sure. I was thinking about using Volt Switch to scout until the opportunity to set up came along. and He doesn't get aura sphere? Laaame. And Fighting/Steel is redundant coverage...

Mush

Wiseblade said:
I'm not even sure. I was thinking about using Volt Switch to scout until the opportunity to set up came along. and He doesn't get aura sphere? Laaame. And Fighting/Steel is redundant coverage...
He's like the anti Lucario.

Sort of.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I saw another Pokemon bus advert today, this time with Victini. Nintendo being the sneaky fools that they are made his location, the Underground.

Wiseblade

MatthewB92 said:
What stone do you need? I have almost all of them in my black city.
I don't need any right now, But I was hoping there's be a more practical method than that. I'm going to have to pillage my friend's white forest next time I see him.

Andrefpvs

vall03 said:
wait what? where did both names come from anyway? I dont remember any form of media referring to them with that names

Steps to discover the default name of the B/W Player Characters on your own (By Andre):

- Go to the Battle Subway.

- Attempt to ride the Normal Multi Train. Say no when the man asks if you want to partner up with a friend.

- Get your answer!

beje

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
Steps to discover the default name of the B/W Player Characters on your own (By Andre):

- Go to the Battle Subway.

- Attempt to ride the Normal Multi Train. Say no when the man asks if you want to partner up with a friend.

- Get your answer!

Ugh, I noticed some days ago. The spanish name for the male character is horrible (Lucho). I don't know if I really want to know the default female name.

Wichu

Their Battle Subway names derive from words meaning 'battle' in various languages.
IIRC, in the Black/White tour, the characters were named Blair and Whitlea, which make a lot more sense as 'default names' (being derived from Black/White). Kinda like how in R/S, the default names derived from land/sea related words (Seth, Terra, Landon etc), while the in-game names were unrelated. The third versions usually use parts of the game name in this sense (Emerald had Emy and Rald, Platinum had Plato and Tina).

Would anyone be willing to do a quick trade/tradeback with Tornadus? I just caught Thundurus and I've got tons of GTS fodder, so I just need to get him in my dex.

Please help. :O

FC is

4598 9017 5724

DoomXploder7 said:
is there a better version of this somewhere i can use as a background?

I think we need a seperate thread for Pokémon art, hi res art, good fan art etc.
I would create one, but alas, I'm at work :(

I'll do one later if one doesn't exist.

Nayishiki

drtomoe123 said:
Would anyone be willing to do a quick trade/tradeback with Tornadus? I just caught Thundurus and I've got tons of GTS fodder, so I just need to get him in my dex.

Please help. :O

FC is

4598 9017 5724

I can help you my FC is 2322 5415 4411.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom