• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

BGBW said:
Really? One of the biggest blows for me. I loved his unevolved form a lot and seeing that horrendous cube lump of soil as a shell was truly heart breaking.

Just think of it as Guile hair or something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
D-Pad said:
That is a pretty weird design, huh? A bug with a perfectly cubed chunk of earth right on top of it.
Played too much Minecraft.

Teknoman said:
Just think of it as Guile hair or something.
I can't see it. I am blinded by disappointment.

Boogiepop

Was totally gonna participate in the tournament for the hell of it... till I remembered I can't get WiFi from late Sunday till mid Friday most weeks. Damn college, not allowing a way for DS systems to connect...

Forkball

I have a Gigalith on my team and while Sturdy is a pretty good ability, it is extremely annoying when you have to fight Boldore after Boldore in Twist Mountain.

upandaway

Awww yeah there's that Toxic!! Damn right! Yeah!!

That thing goes straight on... well.. uh..

It seems none of my Pokemon are a good fit for it. Fuck my life.

Poyunch

BGBW said:
Really? One of the biggest blows for me. I loved his unevolved form a lot and seeing that horrendous cube lump of soil as a shell was truly heart breaking.
It gives me Giant Breadbug vibes even though the only similarity is they're both bugs with huge square designs and they're both Nintendo designs. They don't even look the similar. :p

Azure J

Fluctuating between adding a Carracosta or Jellicent as my primary water type and now I've come upon a weird situation:

Carracosta has some awesome Atk/Def./Special stats but it's speed is (was) seriously leaving a lot to be desired. This when coupled with the fact that I have to be extra careful around ground, fighting, and especially grass types who can bring the pain at a moment's notice made me shelf him initially, but after traveling with a somewhat underwhelming Poliwrath and finding it damn near impossible to find a Lapras to start something up with, I'm wondering if I should just breed a new Carra from scratch and get it some speed EVs.

Jellicent then came to mind because Water/Ghost sounds like a fun type match up. Beyond that though, I have no idea what else to expect with this one. What do you all think?

Articalys

Forkball said:
I have a Gigalith on my team and while Sturdy is a pretty good ability, it is extremely annoying when you have to fight Boldore after Boldore in Twist Mountain.
This is why I ended up buying more repels in this game than I have in the last four generations combined.

BGBW said:

I guess there's nothing particularly interesting about a bug carrying around a slice of earth, but it think it looks amusing and slightly cute. = P Not as cute as it's previous form of course. Additionally, hermit crabs are awesome.

Mr. Sam

AzureJericho said:
Carracosta has some awesome Atk/Def./Special stats but it's speed is (was) seriously leaving a lot to be desired. This when coupled with the fact that I have to be extra careful around ground, fighting, and especially grass types who can bring the pain at a moment's notice made me shelf him initially, but after traveling with a somewhat underwhelming Poliwrath and finding it damn near impossible to find a Lapras to start something up with, I'm wondering if I should just breed a new Carra from scratch and get it some speed EVs.

I've found Shell Smash to be pretty useful with Carracosta.

BGBW said:
While I don't share your sentiments on SlabCrab I know how you feel.
I was actually disappointed when my Krokorok evolved into Krookodile, pretty sure i'm in the minority here though.

Is there a time limit for registering for the tournament? I might, but I'd need to come up with a team of 6 and I don't have anything planned. Also if it is double battles why 6 Pokemon instead of the usual 4?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
Is there a time limit for registering for the tournament? I might, but I'd need to come up with a team of 6 and I don't have anything planned. Also if it is double battles why 6 Pokemon instead of the usual 4?

It's six but you can only bring four to each battle. You get to swap them around between battles.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Forkball said:

At least they don't get Explosion that early. Sturdy+Explosion wild Pokemon is rage inducing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At least I can be happy with the knowledge that Mr. Stunfisk will never lose that smile.

akE8M.jpg

Andrefpvs said:
I just finished a program to help me count EVs while EV training. It's nothing big, just something to help me keep track without having to pay much attention to stuff and to tell me if I've screwed up somewhere.

Is there any interest here for this? I could share it if you want.

I'm interested! I hate that there's no counter tool like DPPt.

Magnus

So, playing with Platinum and Heat Gold alternately, and man, are they ever making me appreciate Gen V. Black/White's music and more cinematic (albeit occasionally chunky and pixellated) presentation destroys this stuff!

Magnus said:
So, playing with Platinum and Heat Gold alternately, and man, are they ever making me appreciate Gen V. Black/White's music and more cinematic (albeit occasionally chunky and pixelated presentation) destroys this stuff!

I'm gonna have to go back eventually for Ludicolo. :(

Azure J

Mr. Sam said:
I've found Shell Smash to be pretty useful with Carracosta.

I had this, but stupid me went ahead and removed it for Earthquake thinking that I'd never get chances to use it before getting horrifically dismantled. Currently, it's sitting in the PC with:

Surf
Aqua Tail (to be replaced with Ice Beam)
Rock Slide
Earthquake

But now I'm thinking about giving it another chance to shine on my team.

I'm going to go ahead and assume this game doesn't contain a VS. Seeker? I still do not understand why that item was only included in Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen. It's too god damn hard to grind without it. I like playing the game where I catch every Pokemon and equally raise them all while I progress through the game. Right now I'm on Route 5 trying to get each Pokemon to Level 25 and it literally takes forever. So annoying.

Dr. Feel Good said:
I'm going to go ahead and assume this game doesn't contain a VS. Seeker? I still do not understand why that item was only included in Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen. It's too god damn hard to grind without it. I like playing the game where I catch every Pokemon and equally raise them all while I progress through the game. Right now I'm on Route 5 trying to get each Pokemon to Level 25 and it literally takes forever. So annoying.
Gamefreak solved grinding with Audino, which can be found in shaking grass and give a ton of experience.

Gravijah

Dr. Feel Good said:

Wild Audino are the new versus seeker. Plus the new exp system.

Andrex said:
It's six but you can only bring four to each battle. You get to swap them around between battles.

And the time limit for registering? Any specific date? I don't think I'll have time to breed an awesome team with AP tests coming up.

Delio

Octorockin' said:
Spr_5b_558.png

This guy is my favorite bug Pokemon this gen. It's pokedex entries and the ones for it's unevolved form are pretty funny.

Well I just had fun looking through all of that. : ) There are so many creative fans of this series.

Someone tried to use a Shell Smash version on me in Wifi. Each time it never really killed anything

Gravijah

Dr. Feel Good said:
How does the Audino thing work? I've only seen one, and I caught it.

They're on like every route and pop up in the shaking grass. Just run back and forth near grass (not in glass) until shaking grass pops up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ewww at the new Linoone sprite. So generic.

Obsessed said:
And the time limit for registering? Any specific date? I don't think I'll have time to breed an awesome team with AP tests coming up.

If it's not in the tourney's OP then I would imagine you can register right up until it starts.

Andrefpvs

Wiseblade said:
Holy Order Sol said:
Definitely. I can't see it being any worse than the way I do it.
Awesome, I'll get it done then.

Andrex said:
I'd possibly be interested if I knew more about how it works.

Also thanks for inspiring me to get a new avy. :)
I like you Andrex, you know that?

D-Pad said:
Awesome! High-five fellow designer! I did the same, and was just planning on upgrading it to automatically account for held items.

Oh no, no! Don't get me wrong, it's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm just a beginning programmer, in fact, I only moved to C a month ago (did my learning with Scheme). This is a simple counter with simple checks. I'm interested in what you're doing though. High-five!

drtomoe123 said:
I'm interested! I hate that there's no counter tool like DPPt.
I think what I did kinda works like that.

I'll post it in a few moments.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
<3

Gravijah said:
Huh, why did they make him darker?

They made him... squater, too.

Izayoi said:
Again, I need proper aspect ratio/big enough size - none of which those meet.

If you click on them, and then click Download you can get bigger sizes.

And I might have a bigger version of that first one somewhere...

zumphry

Banned
Dr. Feel Good said:
VS. Seeker

Ideally (AKA in my dreams), Gray/Gen VI will have the VS. Seeker, and gym rematches.

And a combination of the HG/SS touch screen menu (including set run button) and B/W's C-Gear/select items menu. Like, you can switch between just the menu or the C-Gear by "flipping" (moving a horizontal slider) between them. Or something.

Anyone interested in a legit shiny Darumaka? I came across one (first shiny since Gold/Silver!) and I know I'll never use it or care about it, and I know some people here want those things so I would be willing to give it up for a trade. One of the starters maybe? Any offers, honestly I don't care so long as it's someone I can't get in White or is a choice Pokemon (like a starter).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom