• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravijah

Dr. Feel Good said:
Anyone interested in a legit shiny Darumaka? I came across one (first shiny since Gold/Silver!) and I know I'll never use it or care about it, and I know some people here want those things so I would be willing to give it up for a trade. One of the starters maybe? Any offers, honestly I don't care so long as it's someone I can't get in White or is a choice Pokemon (like a starter).

Ooh, it's pink. I kinda want it.

\/\/ Give it to Roto.

Roto13

Dr. Feel Good said:
Anyone interested in a legit shiny Darumaka? I came across one (first shiny since Gold/Silver!) and I know I'll never use it or care about it, and I know some people here want those things so I would be willing to give it up for a trade. One of the starters maybe? Any offers, honestly I don't care so long as it's someone I can't get in White or is a choice Pokemon (like a starter).
I can give you all of the starters for it. :p

Roto13

Dr. Feel Good said:
Don't need Snivy, but would take the other two! I guess I haven't done a trade yet so I'm going to have to PM you in a bit to get you my code.
You can just post it here, if you want, for simplicity's sake. Mine is number 53 in the official list. (Bottom of the first post in this thread.)

yeb

This big thing I miss about the VS. Seeker was fighting the Magikarp trainer over and over for speed EVs. Since I'm accepting anything decent with breeding and pokemon get to 50 or so pretty fast, I think EV training is now the most tedious part of training new pokemon. Even with power items and pokerus.

I never use Audinos for leveling though. I've tried it, I just think it's faster and easier to do the stadium battles or burn through the elite four. Looking for shaking grass requires far too much attention for a mindless task.

Gravijah said:
They're on like every route and pop up in the shaking grass. Just run back and forth near grass (not in glass) until shaking grass pops up.

OK so I found one shaking grass and that helped a lot but haven't seen another one. Do I need to enter a route look for shaking grass and if I don't see any, leave the route and re-enter to hope to see it again or can I just run around the route looking at the grass in hopes of seeing one shake? Sorry for all the questions.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
Well, obviously it's mine since I was the first to ask for it and I would actually use it in my team. :p
Sounds fair. :)
If any one wants them purely for the IV breeding most of the snivy's I hatched should be 31 S.Atk and Speed and a relatively high HP value too. def and S.def might be a little iffy.

Gravijah

Dr. Feel Good said:
OK so I found one shaking grass and that helped a lot but haven't seen another one. Do I need to enter a route look for shaking grass and if I don't see any, leave the route and re-enter to hope to see it again or can I just run around the route looking at the grass in hopes of seeing one shake? Sorry for all the questions.

Just keep running back and forth near grass, they pop up pretty quick. You can also hear 'em. If a minute or two goes by and I haven't seen one, I usually re-enter the route though.

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
Sounds fair. :)
If any one wants them purely for the IV breeding most of the snivy's I hatched should be 31 S.Atk and Speed and a relatively high HP value too. def and S.def might be a little iffy.
Woo hoo! Is there anything you want for it? I have lots of things to breed. Everything up to Sharpedo in the Pokedex, and everything from Unova. :p (I'm number 53 on the list.)

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
Woo hoo! Is there anything you want for it? I have lots of things to breed. Everything up to Sharpedo in the Pokedex, and everything from Unova. :p (I'm number 53 on the list.)
If you have an extra starter laying around that'd be great. Otherwise nothing in particular. :)

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
If you have an extra starter laying around that'd be great. Otherwise nothing in particular. :)
I can give you an Oshawott and a Tepig now, or any of the past starters if you give me a few minutes to breed them. What's your FC?

OMG Aero

Octorockin' said:
Spr_5b_558.png

This guy is my favorite bug Pokemon this gen. It's pokedex entries and the ones for it's unevolved form are pretty funny.
Fuck this guy. I tried the Battle Subway for the first time today to get some of the Power items to help with breeding and my Galvantula was oneshotting every single Pokemon until I got to the Subway boss and that dick showed up. I switched him out for Emboar but the free turn meant it got to kill Emboar before it could finish him off. I managed to beat it with my Lilligant but then Klinklang showed up and Giga Impacted it and Galvantula.
They should at least give you some consolation points for getting to the boss instead of just kicking you out and making you do all the matches again.

Andrefpvs

So yeah.

8Cysi.png

EVcounter is a program that aims to simplify the process of keeping track of the EVs you're training on a Pokémon. Knowledge of how EVs are gained is required (PokéRus, Power Items, etc.).

You basically input the number of EVs you gained after each battle. The program tells you when you're done, and if you've done goofed.

It's basic command line interface, that's all I know how to do:

wOdzD.png

82h3t.png

The program works with the 255 EV limit, and allows you to compare the final result with the intended result, in case you made a mistake while training:

0Mwlj.png

So yeah, pretty simple, but it beats the text file I was previously using.

DOWNLOAD IT!

Know bugs: Don't enter letters where numbers are supposed to go. It'll make me look lazy. This is version 0.3 'cause the others sucked.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrefpvs said:

Hrm now I'm tempted to do a web version. Good job though! Not that it's a problem for me, but I assume it's Windows only, correct?

dangerbyrnes said:
Pokemon Eclipse,

would be an awesome name.

No, Twilight ruined it.

Gray is fine.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Hrm now I'm tempted to do a web version. Good job though! Not that it's a problem for me, but I assume it's Windows only, correct?

No, Twilight ruined it.

Gray is fine.

but if you remove one letter from gray you get
ray

Andrefpvs

Andrex said:
Hrm now I'm tempted to do a web version. Good job though! Not that it's a problem for me, but I assume it's Windows only, correct?.

Yeah, but I can give the source code if anyone wants to compile it on something else. And thanks!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Regulus Tera said:
Andrex
ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Ποκἐμον Πολιός

Roto13

I'm trying to find a Torkoal in Pearl. Holy crap, this game is so slow. I don't think I'll ever be able to play it again. Hell, even before I played HeartGold and Black, I dropped Pearl for a few months because it was getting on my nerves.

Screw the RSE remake. DPP needs it more.

Wiseblade said:
You're pretty lucky, there was a less than 2% chance of that working.
Really? Well I guess that makes up for not having ever found a Shiny in all my Pokemon career.

no it doesn't I want to find a Shiny boo-hoo:(

Gravijah said:
whoa is that spanish
Yeah about that.. what's with all the Greek tag around here?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Roto13 said:
I'm trying to find a Torkoal in Pearl. Holy crap, this game is so slow. I don't think I'll ever be able to play it again. Hell, even before I played HeartGold and Black, I dropped Pearl for a few months because it was getting on my nerves.

Screw the RSE remake. DPP needs it more.
While I probably didn't notice it at first I think the slowness is what killed Diamond for me.
Still need to beat the Elite4 in it.
First time I ever disabled animations as well so I'm usually pretty patient.

Gravijah said:
Zap Cannon kinda sucks. You don't need it.

Haha just noticed it has 50% accuracy. Using the iPad poked app btw it's slick as hell.

Nvm I suppose I'll wait until 59, not too bad. Since I'm at 40 and on my way to the 6th gym.

I do want Wild charge for a good physical attack, so 59 I can deal with.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
I can give you an Oshawott and a Tepig now, or any of the past starters if you give me a few minutes to breed them. What's your FC?
I'm in class till around 8PM. I'll let you know once i get home. :p

Gravijah

HenryGale said:
Haha just noticed it has 50% accuracy. Using the iPad poked app btw it's slick as hell.

Nvm I suppose I'll wait until 59, not too bad. Since I'm at 40 and on my way to the 6th gym.

I do want Wild charge for a good physical attack, so 59 I can deal with.

Not a major spoiler, just tagging it for the spoiler sensitive. It's about a TM:
You can get the TM for Wild Charge on Victory Road. I ended up just evolving my Eelektrik before then since I'd be running into the TM anyway.

Boogiepop

Well, my Stone Edge missing into the opponent's Blizzard hitting my Garchomp just lost me another Battle Subway run. Just... 2... more... BP. Then I shall have all the Power items.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is there any logical reason I can't
rematch Cynthia
? Serebii says it's a daily event. Also, the old guy isn't giving me musical props anymore. All the other daily events work, though.

Mt Heart Attack said:
Jocchan I think? It seems to be written in Greek letters at least.

Oh right of course. I remember RubxQub having one but he's been banned... Dresden has a Latin one... I was tagged in the same thread as them last year by Dragona when she was still a mod.

Andrex said:
rematch Cynthia
? Serebii says it's a daily event.
I remember having read somewhere that you can only do that in Summer and Spring. Not sure though.
I can't do it either btw.

Andrex said:
Oh right of course. I remember RubxQub having one but he's been banned... Dresden has a Latin one... I was tagged in the same thread as them last year by Dragona when she was still a mod.
So no more ancient languages tags now? That sucks:/

Andrefpvs

Andrex said:
rematch Cynthia
? Serebii says it's a daily event. Also, the old guy isn't giving me musical props anymore. All the other daily events work, though.

Summer and Spring, I believe. I do wonder if we're able to see her in a swimsuit, as one trainer suggested.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mt Heart Attack said:
I remember having read somewhere that you can only do that in Summer and Spring. Not sure though.
I can't do it either btw.

I had a little hunch that was the case... thanks for confirming that. What about the musical prop guy?

Mt Heart Attack said:
So no more ancient languages tags now? That sucks:/

Yeah, it's lame.

Andrefpvs said:
Summer and Spring, I believe. I do wonder if we're able to see her in a swimsuit, as one trainer suggested.

That was so unexpected. XD

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mank said:
Well, my Stone Edge missing into the opponent's Blizzard hitting my Garchomp just lost me another Battle Subway run. Just... 2... more... BP. Then I shall have all the Power items.

That's why you never use Stone Edge in Battle Subway. In fact, I don't know if I'd use any of the high power / lower accuracy moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom