• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVIDICAN

Hmm.. I might end up trading that shiny snivy.
Another one from the batch looks to have better all around stats, and ice as its hidden power.
So what looks better?
Shiny snivy or Regular snivy?
Rltvly Sup.------Outstanding
Hp: 31 -----------HP:30
Atk: 19 --------- Atk:31
Def: 2 -----------Def:14
S.Atk:31---------S.Atk:29
S.Def:15---------S.Def:21
Spd:31-----------Spd: 31
Hpwr: Dragon---Hpwr: Ice

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The one with Hidden Power Ice is far superior right now. Serperior is a very defensive Pokemon, and you need good defenses and speed with it. HP Ice is actually good as well (depending on the power behind it) for coverage.

xSL4INx

Thanks to anyone that offered to trade with me last night, I just got a new router after the old one kicked the bucket a few days ago, and it turned out that I actually didn't need to trade to get an everstone.

That said, I'm breeding like a madman. After I get through with all my breeding shenanigans, everything not used is fair game for anyone that wants it.

Andrefpvs

DoomXploder7 said:
is there a better version of this somewhere i can use as a background?

Sorry, I wouldn't know, I got that exact image from lurking GAF a few months ago.

I think there was a fan art thread around here some time ago, but I'm not sure...

JVIDICAN

EvilMario said:
The one with Hidden Power Ice is far superior right now. Serperior is a very defensive Pokemon, and you need good defenses and speed with it. HP Ice is actually good as well (depending on the power behind it) for coverage.
Alright cool, looks like shinys destined for trade sometime in the near future. Anyone wanna claim him?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
JVIDICAN said:
Alright cool, looks like shinys destined for trade sometime in the near future. Anyone wanna claim him?

With 31 in three stats though, I wouldn't trade it for nothing. Make sure you get something decent. :p

Man, trading on the GTS got so easy after I transferred all my legendaries form Diamond over...traded one of my extra 10 ANNIV Celebi and got a Tornadus in literally 2 minutes. :O

Wiseblade

Serperior's movepool is so depressing. Offensively shallow, and not enough support moves to stand out. If only he learned a few better attacks, or Synthesis...

EDIT: Serperior's in the Ground and Plant groups? I'll take that shiny Snivy!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
drtomoe123 said:
Man, trading on the GTS got so easy after I transferred all my legendaries form Diamond over...traded one of my extra 10 ANNIV Celebi and got a Tornadus in literally 2 minutes. :O
Is it cheating if I download more event Celebis and put them on the GTS?

BGBW said:
Is it cheating if I download more event Celebis and put them on the GTS?

I thought about doing that, but I just used one of my legit ones...not saying the GTS151 ones aren't exactly "legit," but I didn't like the idea of putting up one that was sorta fake, you know?

JVIDICAN

I'll accept nothing less than 50 Magikarp eggs!
Lol. Argue amongst yourselves for who gets it. I'll probably trade it tonight or tomorrow.
For now, I'm off to class. :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
drtomoe123 said:
I thought about doing that, but I just used one of my legit ones...not saying the GTS151 ones aren't exactly "legit," but I didn't like the idea of putting up one that was sorta fake, you know?
Well if Nintendo only gave my 1 days notice for a 1 day event to get Celebi so I don't really care about the "realness" of them.

Erekiddo

Just finished the main game (White) last night and am about to get started on post-game stuff.

Question though.. does the GTS still limit you to trading for Pokemon you've seen?

I'm looking to get a Zorua (missed the events), but have no idea how I'd obtain one as I've yet to see one in game yet.

Roto13

Regulus Tera said:
Six level sixty Magikarps.

whywouldyoudothat
It's a tradition!
NeoNess said:
Just finished the main game (White) last night and am about to get started on post-game stuff.

Question though.. does the GTS still limit you to trading for Pokemon you've seen?

I'm looking to get a Zorua (missed the events), but have no idea how I'd obtain one as I've yet to see one in game yet.
There's a person in Castelia City who will show you a picture of one, like with the legendaries in Diamond and Pearl. Alternatively, I can just give you one. :p

Erekiddo

Roto13 said:
It's a tradition!

There's a person in Castelia City who will show you a picture of one, like with the legendaries in Diamond and Pearl. Alternatively, I can just give you one. :p

That'd be great. I'll send you a message later on tonight.

ivysaur12

Banned
The fact that I can't connect online is serious impeding my breeding. I need a Pineco and they're not swarming (yes, I've tried changing the clock).

btkadams

Mt Heart Attack said:
Quick Balls really are awesome, I just caught Thundurus on my first encounter with it.
i used a quick ball and caught him too but it was after i had seen him twice (once to paralyze, once to knock down health a bit). i caught him in under 10 minutes from first seeing him so i was quite happy.

I had forgotten that level-up moves could only be bred if both parents had them. :/
This is going to take a bit longer than expected. At least Kingdra will prove useful in the Battle Subway when I'm done.

zumphry

Banned
Andrefpvs said:
Look at this
awesomely nostalgic
piece of crap:
acu8t.gif

Yup.

Hah! I thought for a moment that was Route 2 and not Viridian Forest! (when I should've known it was immediately due to the "central" tree being in frame)

Oh, nostalgia.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Unfortunately Barry is fucking obnoxious and Pearl is Special-only so I didn't include an image with him.

Honestly I just couldn't find one large enough that had all three of them in it.

Ugh I really don't like that Gen 4 image. Why don't you use the piece my avatar is from?

Or perhaps this Platinum image, which Echoes used for an avatar a while back:

Or maybe...

More here.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just bought Black version, this game is tons of fun so far! Been a long time since i have played a pokemon game but its still pretty damned addicting. Got my Boar Goreguts killing and lvling, live is good.

zumphry

Banned
I think this is my first generation where I'm definitely going to have an entirely different team for the third version. In the past I've had some variation, but not since like Gen I/II.

Andrex said:
Ugh I really don't like that Gen 4 image. Why don't you use the piece my avatar is from?

Because nobody likes you Andrex Barry Pearl!

J/K. :p. But just me or does Platinum look high on fuzzy in the first picture?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ZayneH said:
I think this is my first generation where I'm definitely going to have an entirely different team for the third version. In the past I've had some variation, but not since like Gen I/II.

Because nobody likes you Andrex Barry Pearl!

J/K. :p. But just me or does Platinum look high on fuzzy in the first picture?

Yeah, Dawn is the only drawback in that pic...

D-Pad

Speaking of bugs, can someone please trade me a Nincada?

You know, I had a Ninjask and Shedija, but I don't know where the hell they went. :\ Worse, it was part of my awesome Sapphire team!

FC 0647 5048 2722

Edit - Slermy I was planning to do the same. We should do it and then team up against the rest of PokeGAF. I'll-- er-- We'll be unstoppable! Fwufufufufufufufu!

Murkas

Just transfered nearly all my HG/Pearl Pokemon, so now I have nearly all starters to trade. Just missing Treecko.

So if anyone wants to trade:

What I can give
All starters except Treecko

What I would like
Treecko
Pokemon Black exclusives
Zorua

Roto13

D-Pad said:
Speaking of bugs, can someone please trade me a Nincada?

You know, I had a Ninjask and Shedija, but I don't know where the hell they went. :\ Worse, it was part of my awesome Sapphire team!

FC 0647 5048 2722
I can breed you one. Would you happen to have a Mawile, Aron (or one of its evolutions) or a Dusk Stone?

EDIT: Actually, especially an Aron, since it looks like that's going to be a total pain in the ass for me to find.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
jman2050 said:
Visually he's badass but bug/poison dual-type still blows chunks.

Move pool wise, he destroys Galvantula though. And I really enjoyed the idea of an Electric Spider, but it's incredibly limited by its stats and movepool. If only it had Nasty Plot. And I would argue that outside of STAB Electric, Electric typing goes next to nothing being paired with Bug. You're exchanging x4 resist to Grass/Fighting for x2 resist and picking up Flying neutral, and Electric and Steel resist. Meh, considering it won't save him from any Brave Bird user, or Scizor's 2HKO from Bullet Punch.

Amusingly, Scolipede is also faster (112 vs 108), more threatening because of it superior statup moves (Swords Dance, Megahorn), and better support moves (Spikes, Baton Pass, Toxic Spikes).

Poor Galvantula's only claim to fame is a semi accurate Thunder outside of rain. I really do hope it receives a number of great move tutors in Grey, namely Nasty Plot (or Quiver Dance, or Tail Glow!), Baton Pass (for Spider Web), Shadow Sneak (makes sense, limited use), and Trick (according to its description, it's suppose to lay traps).

And don't forget Crustle guys. SHELL SMASH.. or when Genesect appears.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Edit - Slermy I was planning to do the same. We should do it and then team up against the rest of PokeGAF. I'll-- er-- We'll be unstoppable! Fwufufufufufufufu!

Until my flying team swoops in an pecks out their fleshy little bug bodies. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom