• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks man. Trading with people is its own reward, I get one more trainer ID closer to that Master Ball. Plus with more FC's my online room expands, I think my SS one was like five rooms long.

D-Pad

Andrefpvs said:
That looks promising! You'd have to assemble a database with each Pokémon's data, no?, but that information seems to be widely available. Please let us know of you go ahead with this project :)

I don't even know how to link my program to a GUI via APIs, lol.

Yeah, the databasing part shouldn't prove a problem at all, but I gotta get the details down on paper first to truly know. As you said, the information is out there, all I have to do is assemble it and use it to suit my needs. To be boastfully honest, the only thing I'm truly not sure of is the bordered font. :p I was never good at that.

GUI is Game Maker's doing... I should have mentioned that I'm using Game Maker. :S Sorry! That's how I have an interface. That's the only reason I have an interface. :p My major is computer programming but I haven't started on any specific yet, asside from Ruby, which I'm learning on the side for fun. On the other hand, I've been using Game Maker for years, so I'm pretty comfortable with it.

DoomXploder: Not browser based... Mac? I'll have to get back to you on that... Game Maker is Mac compatible but I'm not quite sure if you can cross platform develop without having a Mac computer.

TheOGB

Banned
Andrex said:
Thanks man. Trading with people is its own reward, I get one more trainer ID closer to that Master Ball. Plus with more FC's my online room expands, I think my SS one was like five rooms long.
So does the Pal Pad expand like the PC boxes?

Refugio

Oni Link 666 said:
I'm still looking someone to show me a Tornadus.

All I need is for someone to trade me one for a sec to get it in my Pokedex so I can then ask for it on the GTS to get Landorus.

FC - 1893 0485 7241

If you still need it, I'll do it. Friend code's: 4856 5941 0231

And I can give you a mandibuzz if you want Trex :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
isys said:
If you still need it, I'll do it. Friend code's: 4856 5941 0231

And I can give you a mandibuzz if you want Trex :p

Sure, if that's OK with Obsessed. You want anything?

What purpose does Game Sync serve and why is it so poorly explained in the game that I have to ask on the forums? Also why does it always say 'Undergoing Maintenance' every time I try and use this feature?

C-Gear just seems ugly and a waste of interface space.

Gravijah

Blu_LED said:
UGH! Female Unfezant is the ugliest thing ever. Why didn't anyone tell me to catch a male Pidove?

wtf it > male

Blue_Gecko said:
What purpose does Game Sync serve and why is it so poorly explained in the game that I have to ask on the forums? Also why does it always say 'Undergoing Maintenance' every time I try and use this feature?

C-Gear just seems ugly and a waste of interface space.

It's for the Dream World but it's not open yet. Was gonna open on the 30th but the Earthquake changed that. :/ Also holy shit your avatar is too big.

Gravijah said:
wtf it > male

It's for the Dream World but it's not open yet. Was gonna open on the 30th but the Earthquake changed that. :/ Also holy shit your avatar is too big.
Yeah, I haven't posted since I was messing around with new images. Would like to get a Poke' avatar but I'm not the best with image editing.

Changed it so I don't get raped. =x

jman2050

Delio said:
Male Unfezant > Female. It's so FAB of course the pidove line sucks so meh. Staraptor,Noctowl for LIFE.

*Make physical attack-based flying pokemon that is less powerful and slower than Staraptor*

*The best reliable physical moves it learns are facade and aerial ace*

Did I miss something here?

Anyone else using Blitzle? I think it's cool, like a lightning version of Ponyta. Will probably be a permanent member of my team as long as it stays useful.

quabba

If having your pokemon follow you conflicted with the storyline they could have enabled it for the post game.

So I got a shiny eevee off GTS Negotiations, I thought it was hacked but its IVs really blow so maybe not? Can I check or should I even care?

Roto13

quabba said:
If having your pokemon follow you conflicted with the storyline they could have enabled it for the post game.

So I got a shiny eevee off GTS Negotiations, I thought it was hacked but its IVs really blow so maybe not? Can I check or should I even care?
What level is it and who is the original trainer?

Blue_Gecko said:
Anyone else using Blitzle? I think it's cool, like a lightning version of Ponyta. Will probably be a permanent member of my team as long as it stays useful.

i'm on the fifth gym with his evolved form.

i love it, i like it better than the joltick i got off GTS. (joltick wouldn't work with my team since i already have scolipede as my bug.)

also, i had a ponyta on my pearl playthrough.

Red

quabba said:

Nah, doesn't matter. My experience with the online stuff here is just as bad as it was in D/P. I've fought two random matchups, the first of which had me pitted against a shiny Reshiram and Zekrom, the second of which totally prevented me and my opponent from damaging each other at all (the other guy had a shiny Tyranitar and Garchomp). I needed to shut off my DS, because the battle otherwise would never have ended.

It's what I've come to expect. There is a lot of shit in the Pokemon community that really shouldn't be there. I'm not a very competitive player, don't know if it's standard to cheat or hack for "perfect" Pokemon in that circle, but it's pretty frustrating running into it again and again.

As I was writing this I received a shiny Archeops from the GTS. At this point, it's just going to happen, you should expect this sort of thing. Shinies don't really hold any special value when they're popping up like this left and right.

I have an unrelated question: where is the best place to raise during the post-game? I don't want to retackle the E4 just yet, but I've finished every other trainer battle. Where are the daily battles located? Am I right in assuming they are only the Big/Little Stadiums, The Riches, the Ferris Wheel girl, and the triple battle house? Anything else I'm missing?

Can
Cynthia
be fought everyday? Just finished her off for the first time this morning.

Oh, and where is the
legendary in Challenger's Cave?
I've searched high and low and can't find it.

Delio

jman2050 said:
*Make physical attack-based flying pokemon that is less powerful and slower than Staraptor*

*The best reliable physical moves it learns are facade and aerial ace*

Did I miss something here?

Pretty much. It gets some support stuff but other than that Bravairy and Mandibuzz are just on another level from it. Too bad you dont get them till late.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Omg the evolved form too. Thanks Isys. <3 Obsessed I can still trade with you if you want too.

general observation:

One thing I like that I've noticed so far is that there are a lot more random areas where you can heal your Pokemon outside of Poke Centers.

Just been leveling around Challenge Rock / Pinwheel Forest and I love the random girl trainer who heals your Pokemon every time you talk to her after you defeat her.

dangerbyrnes said:
i'm on the fifth gym with his evolved form.

i love it, i like it better than the joltick i got off GTS. (joltick wouldn't work with my team since i already have scolipede as my bug.)

also, i had a ponyta on my pearl playthrough.
Awesome. Definitely keeping him then as my go to Electric glass canon. Debating on whether or not to keep Pansear as Blitzle just learned a fire move and I don't really like him to begin with.

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
So, as I was saying earlier. I have a Oshawott and Tepig ready to go whenever. If you're after a starter from a previous generation, that can also be arranged. :p
Oshawott and Tepig would be great. :D
FC: 4899 5707 4049

RagnarokX

Delio said:
Pretty much. It gets some support stuff but other than that Bravairy and Mandibuzz are just on another level from it. Too bad you dont get them till late.
But Braviary sucks and Madibuzz's name is a reminder that the localizers don't know what a vulture is and suck at making names. Why oh why did they did they come up with cofagrigus? Just make something simple like Sarcophos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom