• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

Gravijah said:
22e0qd.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thinking about it, I'm a bit nervous about the series' debut on 3DS... it could mean the game speed regresses again as Game Freak learns their way around the new hardware.

Just got my DSI and Pokemon Black bundle from the UK today, but my Club Nintendo points won't work for me here. First to quote this and ask gets the codes for the DSI and the game :D

Kintaco

I'm at the Elite Four, but I'm getting my ass kicked, so I decided to level up some other Pokemon better suited to fight the Elite Four, however they are in the lower 30s. What's the best way to get level them up to the appropriate level?

D-Pad

From the last page:

D-Pad said:
So what are the evolution parameters on MetalKid's IV calculator for anyway?

Another question: Do IV's stay the same when a Pokemon evolves?

Andrex I can help you... We can help each other.

Man, I'm looking forward to Sunday when I can start playing Pokémon White. I'm trying my hardest not to read this thread to keep myself from being spoiled by anything.

That said, I may pick up a strategy guide since I don't know ANY of the new Pokémon.

Andrex said:
Thinking about it, I'm a bit nervous about the series' debut on 3DS... it could mean the game speed regresses again as Game Freak learns their way around the new hardware.
I hope to fuck not. It seems like they learned A LOT from Pearl/Diamond/Platinum, HeartGold/SoulSilver and Black/White to throw it all away with the next Gen/Gray.

Somnid

Kintaco said:
I'm at the Elite Four, but I'm getting my ass kicked, so I decided to level up some other Pokemon better suited to fight the Elite Four, however they are in the lower 30s. What's the best way to get level them up to the appropriate level?

Spend all your money and do suicide runs on the E4. Use Exp share and lucky egg.

TheOGB

Banned
Andrex said:
Wasn't GF one of [if not] the first developers to get a 3DS devkit?

Kintaco said:
Fight Audinos in route 10 by running around until you see shaking grass. There are also trainers in the Nimbasa sports domes that you can fight that are at your level.

Unicorn

Am I the only one who thought the Relocator (main menu) option was something to port your D/P or HG/SS pc boxes over to W/B?

When I realized it was to only transfer 4 legendary pokemone over prior to beating the Elite 4, I really felt GF dropped the fucking ball... especially now that we have to move our stuff over like it's coming from a GBA game...

When will they get this shit right?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TheOGB said:
Wasn't GF one of [if not] the first developers to get a 3DS devkit?

Doesn't mean anything. It took them 5 years of DS development to get the series back to Gen 3 speeds.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
You wanted to trade Shelmet and Karrablast, and I need to evolve my Shelmet. :p

Do you have a Karrablast too? We could go two for two. Also, do you want your Pokemon back? I was thinking about a permanent trade.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Doesn't mean anything. It took them 5 years of DS development to get the series back to Gen 3 speeds.

Yeah, but that was a transition from 2D to 3D-ish. It shouldn't be too bad going to the 3DS since they've already had experience with 3D.

TheOGB

Banned
Unicorn said:
Am I the only one who thought the Relocator (main menu) option was something to port your D/P or HG/SS pc boxes over to W/B?

When I realized it was to only transfer 4 legendary pokemone over prior to beating the Elite 4, I really felt GF dropped the fucking ball... especially now that we have to move our stuff over like it's coming from a GBA game...

When will they get this shit right?
...Didn't they get it right immediately after with the PokéTransfer?

Unicorn

Andrex said:
W/B feels slower than HG/SS. Menu management is slower as well, as is PC functions.

I think I'm disappointed with this game.

for me they go:

HG/SS > G/S > D/P > R/B > W/B > R/S

Gravijah

Unicorn said:
W/B feels slower than HG/SS. Menu management is slower as well, as is PC functions.

for me they go:

Battles are way faster, though. And it's BW, damn it.

Unicorn

TheOGB said:
...Didn't they get it right immediately after with the PokéTransfer?
maybe fore the GBA games.

There's nothing like that for DS games. Pokemon Ranch won't let you put those pokemon on anything other than the original trainer's pc.

Unicorn

Gravijah said:
Battles are way faster, though. And it's BW, damn it.
The battles feel slower than in HG/SS. And if they aren't slower, then they are equal in speed.

But menus, UI, and pc are all slower/worse than HG/SS.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Yes and yes, I'll need just one back but I have a spare Accelgors in my PC I can give you after you send mine back.

So you'll need me to trade both back, then?

Unicorn said:

for me they go:

The menus are indeed worse, but I believe that's because there's two different teams inside Game Freak - the remake team and the main team. While the HG/SS team were making awesome menus, the main team was basically taking what they had done with Platinum and putting it into B/W.

Gravijah

Unicorn said:
The battles feel slower than in HG/SS. And if they aren't slower, then they are equal in speed.

With animations off, I don't see how HGSS is faster. Especially when it comes to weather. I'll boot them both up later to compare, I guess.

D-Pad

Andrex said:
So you'll need me to trade both back, then?

No, just one. We'll make three trades.

My karrablst for your shelmet. You'll keep this.

Then my shelmet for a karrablast. We'll trade these back.

Finally, if you want, I'll give you a different, already evolved Accelgor, which you'll keep.

Unicorn

Gravijah said:
With animations off, I don't see how HGSS is faster. Especially when it comes to weather. I'll boot them both up later to compare, I guess.
I have animations off and it still feels slower. Probably because 1/3 of the world is always raining.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
No, just one. We'll make three trades.

My karrablst for your shelmet. You'll keep this.

Then my shelmet for a karrablast. We'll trade these back.

Finally, if you want, I'll give you a different, already evolved Accelgor, which you'll keep.

No, let's just trade both back. I'm getting on now.

Roto13

Eh, don't worry about it. It's not a big deal. :p
Unicorn said:

Definitely not. I've been going back to HeartGold to catch a few Pokemon to transfer over to Black now and then and the battles and PC are unquestionably slower in HeartGold than they are in Black.

jman2050

HG/SS's battles, menu manipulation, dialogs, and general game speed are all markedly slower than B/W and I really don't see how anyone can say otherwise.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HG/SS PC box is a lot more touch-friendly though.

D-Pad said:
I can't remember, that's why I put them both up. :S

You chose correctly, congrats! XD

Heh, yeah. Dunno why it doesn't list the OT when you view the summary...

Roto13

jman2050 said:
HG/SS's battles, menu manipulation, dialogs, and general game speed are all markedly slower than B/W and I really don't see how anyone can say otherwise.
Oh, yeah, the text speed too. I didn't realize it was so slow in HG until I went back after playing Black. It seemed ok at the time but now it just feels like it's crawling.

TheOGB

Banned
jman2050 said:
Agreed.

However Platinum had the best PC (if it were as touch-friendly as HGSS, like Andrex points out)

Hulud

I'm still relatively new to the Pokemon games as HeartGold was my first foray into the series. If anyone had the time, could you explain to me what exactly I would need to do to breed a Scraggy that knows Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch? (Which parents to use in what order, etc.) I've looked over the basics of breeding but the Ice Punch move is throwing me off because it can only be chain bred, which is still way over my head. Any help is appreciated.

Delio

haha what a interesting Ditto i just caught

Ditto - #132 (Modest)
HP: 12 - 13
Att: 30
Def: 26 - 27
SpA: 28 - 29
SpD: 22 - 23
Speed: 2 - 3

JVIDICAN

Hulud said:
I'm still relatively new to the Pokemon games as HeartGold was my first foray into the series. If anyone had the time, could you explain to me what exactly I would need to do to breed a Scraggy that knows Dragon Dance, Drain Punch, and Ice Punch? (Which parents to use in what order, etc.) I've looked over the basics of breeding but the Ice Punch move is throwing me off because it can only be chain bred, which is still way over my head. Any help is appreciated.
Searching on google I saw smeargle mentioned. :p

EDIT: It looks like it's true. Obtain a smeargle, have it sketch dragon dance and ice punch and you should be set.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hulud said:

I tried going through it but I'm not sure it's possible, without a Smeargle as said.

For Ice Punch specifically, you need a male Medicham. Medicham learns Ice Punch by default so if it doesn't have that move, then go to the Move Relearner and pay a Heart Scale to make it relearn it. Then breed it with a female Buneary or Lopunny. The resulting Buneary should have Ice Punch. Make sure it is male. Breed that with a female Scraggy. It should have Ice Punch.

I've never seen a chain breed as complex as you requested though. The father is the one passing down moves and the mother passes down the species... I don't see how it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom