• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
RagnarokX said:
But Braviary sucks and Madibuzz's name is a reminder that the localizers don't know what a vulture is and suck at making names. Why oh why did they did they come up with cofagrigus? Just make something simple like Sarcophos.
Mandibuzz is playing off of Mandible, which her bone skirt looks like, and Buzzard, which is a Vulture. The name makes sense.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mandibuzz isn't the name we should be complaining about. We should be complaining about how dumb Eelektrik is.

Regulus Tera said:
I just caught Cobalion. Do I need to have him in my party to capture Terrakion and Virizion?

Nope.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It says I've traded with 35 people now. :) I'm not gonna go after Thundurus until I get that Master Ball because I'll be SRing a ton...

jman2050

I'm really waffling on how viable Eelektross would be on a serious team. His movepool is pretty good, he can run physical, special, or mixed sets pretty well and being able to learn a grass type move covers the big hole that most pure electric types have in coverage. And of course there's Levitate.

But he's slow and doesn't quite have the defensive options to make up for it. Coil is good but even against physical attackers you're giving your opponent two free moves before you even do anything if you gtry to take advantage of it.

RagnarokX

Chet Rippo said:
Mandibuzz is playing off of Mandible, which her bone skirt looks like, and Buzzard, which is a Vulture. The name makes sense.
Buzzards and Vultures belong to the same family along with Hawks, Kites, and Eagles. In People use "buzzard" to refer to a wide variety of birds, usually vultures in North America. The closest thing we have to the kind of vulture that Mandibuzz looks like is the California Condor, which is a vulture. Given the bones making it look kinda tribal it's probably based on a stereotypical african vulture. Vulture sounds cooler than buzzard nonetheless :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Anyways I wanna put up a serious (SRS!) trade request now.

I want a Tornadus. I want it with the natures Naive, Hasty, or Timid. And I want it to have a good Speed IV. Average or high IVs in other stats would be appreciated.

If you trade this to me, I will give you a Master Ball, and three of the following Pokemon. Or, if you don't want what's on the list, I will fully train any Pokemon of your choosing, including EVs, nature, ability, moveset, and if the Pokemon can be bred, I guarantee two perfect IVs of your choosing. (Hold item not included.)

The list of legendary Pokemon I can trade:

• Zapdos
  • Articuno
  • Moltres
  • Shiny Raikou
  • Shiny Entei
  • Shiny Suicune
  • Celebi
  • Jirachi
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Regigigas
I do not know the nature or IVs of any of these, but I could find out on request. They all have zero EVs.

Andrex said:
Anyways I wanna put up a serious (SRS!) trade request now.

I want a Tornadus. I want it with the natures Naive, Hasty, or Timid. And I want it to have a good Speed IV. Average or high IVs in other stats would be appreciated..

Well now... Time to beat the E4 so Tornadus revives...

I'll get working on this. Hopefully I can do it before other people do. Or if someone else does hopefully mine will have better IV's.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
About the Master Ball, it will be given whenever I get 15 more trainer IDs and after I catch a suitable Thundurus.

Gravijah said:
Aww too bad mine is Calm. Got no use for it.

If I get no other requests then we'll be in touch, k?

Obsessed said:
Well now... Time to beat the E4 so Tornadus revives...

I'll get working on this. Hopefully I can do it before other people do. Or if someone else does hopefully mine will have better IV's.

Sweet, thanks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
Might take awhile... What speed IV are you willing to settle for? How good must the other IV''s be? Does synchronize work on fleeing legends?

I don't think so. To be completely clear, this is going to be a very difficult task.

I don't want to be too imposing but 29/30/31 in Speed is a must. The rest should be over 15/16 but it isn't that much of an issue if one low stat is a total outlier.

Qwomo

Chet Rippo said:
The names are still bad.

Gen V has forced me to nickname my Pokemon for the first time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Landorus is also a dumb name. I mean, Tornadus and Thundurus kind of gel together, but Land + Orus just does not.

Andrex said:
I don't think so. To be completely clear, this is going to be a very difficult task.

I don't want to be too imposing but 29/30/31 in Speed is a must. The rest should be over 15/16 but it isn't that much of an issue if one low stat is a total outlier.

Oh I know how difficult it is going to be. I'm up for the challenge.

Hmm... is there a downloadable IV calculator for this gen? I wont be able to access the internet tomorrow or most of friday, but I'll have a crapload of time to play Pokemon. If I could check its IV's without needing to use metalkid I could make better use of that time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
The names are the least of the problems when it comes to the genies...

Well yeah, but I've aired my grievances about that before. TBH their designs are kind of growing on me, even if I'll never think they're "good."

Obsessed said:
Oh I know how difficult it is going to be. I'm up for the challenge.

Hmm... is there a downloadable IV calculator for this gen? I wont be able to access the internet tomorrow or most of friday, but I'll have a crapload of time to play Pokemon. If I could check its IV's without needing to use metalkid I could make better use of that time.

I personally don't know of any.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Well yeah, but I've aired my grievances about that before. TBH their designs are kind of growing on me, even if I'll never think they're "good."

THEY COULD AT LEAST LOOK DIFFERENT

oh wow look different colors and some extra crap

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:

What I don't get is how Blue/Purple = Electric, and Purple/Green = Flying. To me it seems like Thundurus and Tornadus' designs should be switched.

Articalys

So, how does one actually get items from White Forest? Everytime I walk through there I find nothing. I feel like it was designed to punish people who rush through the game...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
So, how does one actually get items from White Forest? Everytime I walk through there I find nothing. I feel like it was designed to punish people who rush through the game...

You'll see the little Pokeball overworld item icon just laying on the ground every so often. It seems to be random. Some days you get something, some days you won't.

D-Pad

Hey! IV breeding isn't half bad. Once you get the IV you want it's pretty easy to pass it down along with the nature. Checking the IV's are a little frustrating but other than that... I'm okay with this.

Wow @ anal beads. Can't unsee that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
D-Pad said:
Hey! IV breeding isn't half bad. Once you get the IV you want it's pretty easy to pass it down along with the nature. Checking the IV's are a little frustrating but other than that... I'm okay with this.

Getting good IVs on a roamer is hell though. IV breeding isn't so bad if you have a Ditto with good IVs.

Obsessed said:
Meh. I'll probably need most of the time to even catch one with one of the three natures you're looking for.

Yeaaaaah... I don't want to know the painful details of your quest. XD Would make me feel worse.

Articalys

Andrex said:
You'll see the little Pokeball overworld item icon just laying on the ground every so often. It seems to be random. Some days you get something, some days you won't.
I guess I just have bad luck then, since I've been there five days straight and nothing. Maybe I need to increase the town population through entralink then...

Andrex said:
Getting good IVs on a roamer is hell though. IV breeding isn't so bad if you have a Ditto with good IVs.

Yeaaaaah... I don't want to know the painful details of your quest. XD Would make me feel worse.

Don't feel bad. I'm going to feel bad taking three of those beautiful legendaries.

TheOGB

Banned
Gravijah said:

they should have done the sprites like the artwork
GprXM.png

D-Pad

Andrex said:

This is the first time I've done anything relating to IVs so I'm surprised. Especially after hearing all of the horror stories about it. :p Game Freak could have been nice and placed all of the hintful NPC's in one area. Flying from Route 3 to Mistralton and then to Nimbasa gets old pretty damn fast.

Gravijah said:
I give you the three shiny dogs, you give me it, I give it to Andrex, I make him breed something complicated.

Sorry but I can't do that to Andrex.

Deal! Now just give me a suggestion for something ultra complicated.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Obsessed said:
Sorry but I can't do that to Andrex.

Deal! Now just give me a suggestion for something ultra complicated.

If you trade with Gravijah you won't get the Master Ball...

RagnarokX

Gravijah said:
The names are the least of the problems when it comes to the genies...
Ugh, genies. They are based on Raijin, Fujin, and Inari; spirits of thunder, wind, and fertility in Japanese myth. Kami trio.

D-Pad

So what are the evolution parameters on MetalKid's IV calculator for anyway?

Another question: Do IV's stay the same when a Pokemon evolves?

Andrex I can help you... We can help each other.

Styles

Yes yes, could someone with Black Version trade me Tornadus and Reshiram briefly so I can get their data on my pokedex?

Thank-you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom