• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulud

Thanks for taking a look guys. Good to know it actually is complex and I'm not just slow. :p

I think I may just go with a Bulk Up set for my Scrafty and save myself some trouble. I'll use my Darmanitan and Archeops as my main phys. attackers.

While I'm at it, I would appreciate you guys' thoughts on my current team.

Scrafty
Reuniclus
Jellicent
Scolipede (toyed around with eelektross and ended up replacing it with Scolipede)
Darmanitan
Archeops

I'll only really be battling my friends IRL and we have agreed to not bother with EVs/IVs. Any obvious replacements? Thanks.

I think I overdid it a bit. Raised ALL of my Pokemon to level 40 before fighting Skyla and completely annihilated her, :lol. Luckily, this game seems to be just as adept as catching up to you as you do leveling up, so I'm at about level 45 for everyone at this point and made it to Opelucid City. Currently fighting through Mall R9 and will proceed to buy things after. Team:

Death Ray (Eelektrik; waiting to evolve until Coil)
Lampent (Waiting to evolve until I find a Dusk Stone or whatever it requires)
Citadel (Ferrothorn, complete with Rocky Helmet)
Archeops
Scrafty
Spot reserved for HM Slave/type coverage/
Reshiram

Izayoi said:
I did. Say... is there an image limit to GAF posts?

No. His whole shtick is surprise, which is completely lost with Team Preview.

I'm not sure if it fools the AI either.

Seems kind of useless.
It's not fully useless. You can see the other person's team but you can't see the order they picked so you don't know who will be Zoroark or not. You will know he is there but you just don't know who it will be.

D-Pad

Wow! Struggled through the last battle (battle no. 7) of Super Single Subway...

Struggling through the entirety of round 2... :\

Also: Fuck Mandibuzz.

Delio

What you guys think of this Cottonee?

Cottonee - #546 (Jolly)
HP: 20 - 21
Att: 6 - 7
Def: 22 - 23
SpA: 10 - 11
SpD: 22 - 23
Speed: 27

JVIDICAN

ShikaTheReaper said:
I felt that pain last night. Manage to beat one of them though XD
Yeah I managed to beat one too. Had reuniclus trickroom the guy and proceeded to flame thrower him to hell with Chandelure. Luckily he picked Sceptile, Scissor, and heracross for his team. :-

JVIDICAN said:
Yeah I managed to beat one too. Had reuniclus trickroom the guy and proceeded to flame thrower him to hell with Chandelure. Luckily he picked Sceptile, Scissor, and heracross for his team. :-

had a guy using that pink jelly pokemon with scald and recover -_-. i got away with nasty plot and night shade on my zoroark and won.

D-Pad

Oh look. It's that Nightslashing Bisharp again from the 8th battle. WTF these guys are trading up Pokemon. >:\ Subway is cheap.

Delio

D-Pad said:
Oh look. It's that Nightslashing Bisharp again from the 8th battle. WTF these guys are trading up Pokemon. >:\ Subway is cheap.

I love how they start tossing water pokemon in Masse when Terrakion is my lead. I just chuckle a bit.

Styles

Thanks Shika, I was hoping you that you also had the legendaries so I could trade back with, but you've helped me immensely.

Vect said:
Thanks Shika, I was hoping you that you also had the legendaries so I could trade back with, but you've helped me immensely.

no problem my friend just made it to the 8th gym in black. so if he gets them before you do ill ask him to trade with you.

D-Pad

Delio said:
I love how they start tossing water pokemon in Masse when Terrakion is my lead. I just chuckle a bit.

So far they've been nice to Crobat in that regard...
I'm on the 13th battle, car no. 6. If I lose now I'm going to cry.

Edit - Passed 6, on 7 yay!

And I fucking lost.

Tangela went down with no problem.

Archeops took down two of my Pokemon and Dragonite finally finished it.

But... Of course... Here comes fucking Arcanine which just happened to know fucking dragon pulse. I was finished in two hits.

FML. All that work for nothing.

The Lamp

TheOGB said:
they should have done the sprites like the artwork
GprXM.png

Stupidest looking legendaries ever.

Throbbing tails fingering their front clouds is all I see.

Gravijah

See, what I'm confused about is like... on their white mustaches, there's that black stuff. Is that a mustache on top of their mustache, or is it supposed to be their mouth?

Delio

D-Pad said:
So far they've been nice to Crobat in that regard...
I'm on the 13th battle, car no. 6. If I lose now I'm going to cry.

Edit - Passed 6, on 7 yay!

And I fucking lost.

Tangela went down with no problem.

Archeops took down two of my Pokemon and Dragonite finally finished it.

But... Of course... Here comes fucking Arcanine which just happened to know fucking dragon pulse. I was finished in two hits.

FML. All that work for nothing.

I feel the pain. I had the worst luck with that Aztec bird blowing my team apart.

The Lamp said:
Stupidest looking legendaries ever.

Throbbing tails fingering their front clouds is all I see.

My favorite details are their well coifed...clouds. Hair? I dunno.

The beasts already used that gimmick, one, and at least they had the decency of being amorphous, passably realistic (for animals that generate weather patterns out the back of their necks) clouds.

D-Pad

Delio said:
I feel the pain. I had the worst luck with that Aztec bird blowing my team apart.
They could easily lessen the blow by giving you SOMETHING. It wouldn't feel like wasted time. :\

Gravijah said:
See, what I'm confused about is like... on their white mustaches, there's that black stuff. Is that a mustache on top of their mustache, or is it supposed to be their mouth?
I'm pretty sure that's their mouth.

Gravijah said:

great i was seeing it as mouths but now they've become moustaches-.-

RagnarokX

Thagomizer said:
Yes, but the designs as in the games are still silly.

...but again, Pokemon. Most of the designs, even the good ones, are pretty silly.
I'd say their biggest problem is that the differences between them design-wise are extremely minimal.

Is anyone else having issues with the WiFi club? I've been attempting to trade with my cousin but it never connects. It just says "Communicating with X" then it says "X failed to respond." I saw today that they would be delaying the Dream World or whatever until March 30, but I think that's a whole other issue right?

I've read a few forums where some users are having similiar issues, but they seem to be all related to rom versions.

Insaniac

so the vitamins like proteins, carbos and calcium give 10 EV points till you hit 100 in that stat, but do the clever wings and stuff work past 100?

Articalys

Insaniac said:
so the vitamins like proteins, carbos and calcium give 10 EV points till you hit 100 in that stat, but do the clever wings and stuff work past 100?
Bingo. Wings give you 1 EV point no matter what (well, unless the stat is maxed out of course).

RagnarokX

D-Pad said:
Ugh, it's so easy to forget to tick the EV counter after each battle... I need something in-game, Game Freak, c'mon!

Did you see the Pokemon art thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425226

Edit - Just noticed this:
"Selfish people are making Victini suffer."

OH YEAH WELL... Shit. Need my EVs though, sorry Victini. :(
I love how they make a big deal about Victini being locked in a tiny room, then you stuff it in a tiny ball and then leave it to rot in a virtual prison forever.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Victini is one of the most boring legendaries ever. So he has perpetual energy or some shit.

And that's it. No cool backstory, just him having fun inside his own paradise. Bleghg.

Morokh

I just read from several websites talking about shinies that breeding with Masuda method in B/W gives you a chance of 1/1366 instead of 1/2048.
And Everstone works with it.

if this turns out to be true that's interesting news :p

Izayoi

Banned
Morokh said:
I just read from several websites talking about shinies that breeding with Masuda method in B/W gives you a chance of 1/1366 instead of 1/2048.
And Everstone works with it.

if this turns out to be true that's interesting news :p
Both are true.

Think my last post got drowned in the previous pages, but I have club Nintendo points for Pokemon Black and a DSI for anyone living in UK or Europe. Just quote this and reply.

Wiseblade

OneMoreQuestion said:
Think my last post got drowned in the previous pages, but I have club Nintendo points for Pokemon Black and a DSI for anyone living in UK or Europe. Just quote this and reply.
Me! I'll take them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom