• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG Aero

Izayoi said:
I did. Say... is there an image limit to GAF posts?

No. His whole shtick is surprise, which is completely lost with Team Preview.

I'm not sure if it fools the AI either.

Seems kind of useless.
I wouldn't say Zoroark is useless. In online battles the opponent may see your team but they have no idea if you pick Zoroark in your team of three, and in a full battle they don't know when you are going to bring it out. If you are clever with it you could double bluff people and make them think that you are using Zoroark when you actually have a real Pokemon out.

Izayoi

Banned
OMG Aero said:
I wouldn't say Zoroark is useless. In online battles the opponent may see your team but they have no idea if you pick Zoroark in your team of three, and in a full battle they don't know when you are going to bring it out. If you are clever with it you could double bluff people and make them think that you are using Zoroark when you actually have a real Pokemon out.
I suppose.

Still seems like a bit of a throwaway when there are far better Pokemon that you could be using.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
I should have figured this from the second I saw the Jasmine avatar, but you're a pretty big fan of Pokemon, aren't you?
"Pretty big" would probably be somewhat of an understatement.

Mr. Sam

Guys, remember the other day when I was trying to catch a Metang? And then it turned out it had a catch rate of 3 and was nigh on impossible to catch? Well, it took pretty much all my sanity, the exhaustion of my ultra ball supply, a half dozen full restores and a lot of luck but I JUST CAUGHT A METANG WITH A HEAL BALL.

Who wants to touch me? I said, who wants to fucking touch me!?

OMG Aero

Mr. Sam said:
Guys, remember the other day when I was trying to catch a Metang? And then it turned out it had a catch rate of 3 and was nigh on impossible to catch? Well, it took pretty much all my sanity, the exhaustion of my ultra ball supply, a half dozen full restores and a lot of luck but I JUST CAUGHT A METANG WITH A HEAL BALL.

Was it a critical capture? Because if it was it totally doesn't count.

Morokh said:
I just read from several websites talking about shinies that breeding with Masuda method in B/W gives you a chance of 1/1366 instead of 1/2048.
And Everstone works with it.

if this turns out to be true that's interesting news :p
Holy crap really!? Guess I'll do some shiny breeding.

Am I the only one who, if playing alone in a room, speaks to my Pokemon to encourage them? Particularly online, I'm like:

"Good work, Sparky! Just one more solid hit!"
"Take a rest, Princess!"
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Woshhhyyyyy!"
"Dodge it!"

etc.

Andrefpvs

Wait, what's this I'm hearing? Can I now use an Everstone to pass on Natures even if the Pokémon are from different countries?? And still get the shiny odd bump bonus? :D

Someone tell me please 'cause I've got an awesome Ditto whose only downside was that it was Japanese!

D-Pad said:
Yeah, the databasing part shouldn't prove a problem at all, but I gotta get the details down on paper first to truly know. As you said, the information is out there, all I have to do is assemble it and use it to suit my needs. To be boastfully honest, the only thing I'm truly not sure of is the bordered font. :p I was never good at that.

GUI is Game Maker's doing... I should have mentioned that I'm using Game Maker. :S Sorry! That's how I have an interface. That's the only reason I have an interface. :p My major is computer programming but I haven't started on any specific yet, asside from Ruby, which I'm learning on the side for fun. On the other hand, I've been using Game Maker for years, so I'm pretty comfortable with it.

Oh I see, thanks. I should take a look at Game Maker. :)

I remember quite a few years ago when I was starting to get interested in game development that I had to chose between RPG Maker and Game Maker. I went with RPG Maker.

Wichu

Andrefpvs said:
Wait, what's this I'm hearing? Can I now use an Everstone to pass on Natures even if the Pokémon are from different countries?? And still get the shiny odd bump bonus? :D

Someone tell me please 'cause I've got an awesome Ditto whose only downside was that it was Japanese!
Yeah, this should be the case. In 3rd and 4th gen, the nature and shininess were determined by the same hidden variable, making it difficult to control both at the same time (though they somehow managed it for Pokéradar/Red Gyarados). In 5th gen, the nature is now determined independently, making it easy to program it to control both.

Woffls

OMG! I just walked like 150 steps in a cave without a single encounter! No repels, no held items on the lead, just walkin straight through like a motherfucking boss. Then I caught a Jynx with a Pokéball.

... then I caught Metang with one
Poké
ball ;D

I was holding out on beating the Elite 4 round 2 because I wasn't sure if you could beat them again, and I was exp sharing for the Dex and all that. I beat them, with the intention of just going back to see if I could still beat them and NOT save. Turns out there's an autosave after the Hall of Fame :( But it's okay because you can beat them again! So, can I just beat them an infinite number of times now?

Woffls said:
OMG! I just walked like 150 steps in a cave without a single encounter! No repels, no held items on the lead, just walkin straight through like a motherfucking boss. Then I caught a Jynx with a Pokéball.

... then I caught Metang with one
Poké
ball ;D

I was holding out on beating the Elite 4 round 2 because I wasn't sure if you could beat them again, and I was exp sharing for the Dex and all that. I beat them, with the intention of just going back to see if I could still beat them and NOT save. Turns out there's an autosave after the Hall of Fame :( But it's okay because you can beat them again! So, can I just beat them an infinite number of times now?
You can always battle the E4 no matter what. No limit. Don't think there has ever been a limit.

Andrefpvs

ryan-ts said:
Yes, you can use that Japanese Ditto now.
Wichu said:
Yeah, this should be the case. In 3rd and 4th gen, the nature and shininess were determined by the same hidden variable, making it difficult to control both at the same time (though they somehow managed it for Pokéradar/Red Gyarados). In 5th gen, the nature is now determined independently, making it easy to program it to control both.

Holy crap! Awesome. I'm off to whore that Ditto now and make wonderful babies! Thanks guys!
6gV99.png

Wichu

CoffeeJanitor said:
Anyone on here into competitive battling? I think there could be enough people in this thread to constitute some competitive play...
Not in B/W yet. Gotta beat the game first, and get some decent Pokémon. Also, I've had a lack of IRL opponents lately, so I haven't been EVing my Pokémon... Wi-Fi isn't as much fun. I know a couple of people getting B/W (including both my brothers), so I might be able to get some practice :)

Morokh

Doing a new Neogaf Pokemon League like in the HG/SS days could be a good idea :p

Was late to the party at that time and didn't finish my team :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Regulus Tera said:
Victini is one of the most boring legendaries ever. So he has perpetual energy or some shit.

And that's it. No cool backstory, just him having fun inside his own paradise. Bleghg.
He was also used my Winston Churchill to win WWII.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
D-Pad said:
Ugh, it's so easy to forget to tick the EV counter after each battle... I need something in-game, Game Freak, c'mon!

Did you see the Pokemon art thread?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425226

Edit - Just noticed this:
"Selfish people are making Victini suffer."

OH YEAH WELL... Shit. Need my EVs though, sorry Victini. :(

Victini seems pretty dark. After you win the Grunt says "Living with Victini means accepting Victini's cruel destiny... Someday we will test you to see if you are truly ready"

What are the odds Victini is the focus of Grey, and not Kyurem?

Wichu

EvilMario said:
Victini seems pretty dark. After you win the Grunt says "Living with Victini means accepting Victini's cruel destiny... Someday we will test you to see if you are truly ready"

What are the odds Victini is the focus of Grey, and not Kyurem?
There's a theory that Victini is partially based on the Manhattan project.

Roto13

Mr. Sam said:

*touches you*

Android18a said:
Am I the only one who, if playing alone in a room, speaks to my Pokemon to encourage them? Particularly online, I'm like:

"Take a rest, Princess!"
"Dodge it!"

etc.
Well, I certainly hope so.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Android18a said:

"Take a rest, Princess!"
"Dodge it!"

etc.
You are not alone.

Wichu said:
Not in B/W yet. Gotta beat the game first, and get some decent Pokémon. Also, I've had a lack of IRL opponents lately, so I haven't been EVing my Pokémon... Wi-Fi isn't as much fun. I know a couple of people getting B/W (including both my brothers), so I might be able to get some practice :)
Yeah I still have to beat the game but I'm def gonna start forming a competitive team after that

Jinko

Why do people keep assuming the next pokemon will be grey ?

Isn't it standard to have 2 version anyway ? or are we talking remake ?

Roto13

Jinko said:
Why do people keep assuming the next pokemon will be grey ?

Isn't it standard to have 2 version anyway ?
No, it's standard to have two versions and then a third one later. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum were all third games. :p

Android18a said:

"Take a rest, Princess!"
"Dodge it!"

etc.
I just insult them when they suck.

And btw.. Princess, Sparky? My monsters are named after Roman historic character. "What the fuck MARKANTONY one hit killed AGAIN you're a goddamn disgrace!"

Android18a said:

"Take a rest, Princess!"
"Dodge it!"

etc.

no, i do the opposite i yell at the enemy Pokemon.

"damn little blue piece of crap"
"god damn emolga, you would use volt switch"
"get in the fuckin pokeball"

and in the case of audinos

"aaaaggghhhh, damn it i hate you, you just had to use attract"
"die you pink son of a @#$!*"

Mr. Sam

dangerbyrnes said:

I feel bad making my pokemon kill the new love of their life.

Nah, I'm kidding. It brings me great pleasure.

vall03

dangerbyrnes said:
no, i do the opposite i yell at the enemy Pokemon.

"damn little blue piece of crap"
"god damn emolga, you would use volt switch"
"get in the fuckin pokeball"

and in the case of audinos

same here, especially with the higher leveled Audinos

"damn it! use Heal Pulse! *uses Double-Edge* no!! !@#$%"

OMG Aero

CoffeeJanitor said:
I caught a patrat today if that's any consolation.
Not really, I'm after a Smeargle so I can get multiple egg moves on a Zorua without having to do loads of different trades and chain breeding.

TeegsD

I'm liking these critical capture but how rare are they supposed to be. I've gotten a lot and I'd say that out of my last 10 captures, about 7 were critical captures.

Mr. Sam

BLSwagger10 said:
I'm liking these critical capture but how rare are they supposed to be. I've gotten a lot and I'd say that out of my last 10 captures, about 7 were critical captures.

I've got one, that I know of, during my entire 52 hour playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom