• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Wichu said:
You need to get a RageCandyBar or two (can't remember where) to wake them up. They can be found
outside Relic Castle

Thanks!

Can these ones be bred to get baby zen mode ones? I guess not...?

BLSwagger10 said:
I'm liking these critical capture but how rare are they supposed to be. I've gotten a lot and I'd say that out of my last 10 captures, about 7 were critical captures.

Is this when the pokeball just shuts and goes grey, as opposed to wobbling a few times first?

Roto13

OMG Aero said:
Not really, I'm after a Smeargle so I can get multiple egg moves on a Zorua without having to do loads of different trades and chain breeding.
I have a spare Smeargle you can have. I'm number 53 on the list. If you want to do something nice for me in return, I could really use a Dawn or Dusk stone. :p (Especially a Dawn Stone.)

DMG-01

Roto13 said:
I have a spare Smeargle you can have. I'm number 53 on the list. If you want to do something nice for me in return, I could really use a Dawn or Dusk stone. :p (Especially a Dawn Stone.)
Speaking of this list, where could I find it and how do I add myself to it? My White FC is 2236-6498-6751.

decaf

OMG Aero said:
I don't suppose anyone has a Smeargle I can have? It would really help me out with breeding egg moves.
I've got a special one to spare if you're on in the next hour or so. Already added your FC.

Also offloading a load of IV-bred egg move Pokémon. Just bring along anything to trade if you're interested (one-off items like Rare Candies wouldn't go amiss though!):

Charmanders with Outrage, Belly Drum, Crunch & Counter
Mudkips with Curse, Yawn, Double-Edge & Stomp
Tepigs with Yawn, Curse, Superpower & Thrash
Pawniards with Sucker Punch, Headbutt, Revenge & Pursuit

4212 3564 6465

D-Pad

Mt Heart Attack said:
Is there any shop in the game that sells Elixirs/Ethers and Max Revives? Can't seem to find them anywhere. (White version here)

Nope. Been like that since red/blue.

When dream world comes out you can start growing the greatest berry ever: The Leppa berry. It's free ether! My berry bag always had about 200 of those suckers tucked away, and I was always growing them. Damn Game Freak for making this game reliant on some website.

Anyone have a Shiny Beldum?

Have a Shiny Dragonite(WTF Shiny Dratini and Dragonaire were Pink but Shiny Dragonite is puke Green) for trade.

PM for FC

Red

Mr. Sam said:
I've got one, that I know of, during my entire 52 hour playthrough.
I had one until beating the game, then suddenly had like 30% of all my capture attempts become critical. Not sure if this is meant to happen, and I'm not complaining, but I see them all the time now.

OMG Aero

caffeinedreamer said:
I've got a special one to spare if you're on in the next hour or so. Already added your FC.

Also offloading a load of IV-bred egg move Pokémon. Just bring along anything to trade if you're interested (one-off items like Rare Candies wouldn't go amiss though!):

Charmanders with Outrage, Belly Drum, Crunch & Counter
Mudkips with Curse, Yawn, Double-Edge & Stomp
Tepigs with Yawn, Curse, Superpower & Thrash
Pawniards with Sucker Punch, Headbutt, Revenge & Pursuit

4212 3564 6465
Thanks, I can go online to trade now if you can. I don't really have anything to offer other than a stack of Zorua though.
Edit: Wait what? How come you traded me a shiny? Thanks a lot! Now I feel bad that all I have is Zorua.

Roto13

I'm raising a few monz up in the Small Stadium and I ran into one a Musician. Do these guys show up as trainers anywhere else in the game? I don't remember seeing them anywhere.

decaf

OMG Aero said:
Thanks, I can go online to trade now if you can. I don't really have anything to offer other than a stack of Zorua though.
Edit: Wait what? How come you traded me a shiny? Thanks a lot! Now I feel bad that all I have is Zorua.
No problem, I've been spending all my time in the Poké Transfer Lab or breeding so I hadn't got round to picking one up yet. Meant to send a Male Tepig in case you wanted to re-breed its moveset, but its stats should be pretty good anyway.

Roto13 said:
I'm raising a few monz up in the Small Stadium and I ran into one a Musician. Do these guys show up as trainers anywhere else in the game? I don't remember seeing them anywhere.
Well, there's that guy strumming outside the trailer on the route to the left of Nimbasa.

Roto13

Is there anywhere you can dive underwater and actually catch Pokemon? Because, if not, I'm taking this Dive Ball as confirmation of an RSE remake. :p
ColtraineGF said:
Well, there's that guy strumming outside the trailer on the route to the left of Nimbasa.
Totally forgot about that guy. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
I suppose.

Still seems like a bit of a throwaway when there are far better Pokemon that you could be using.

Zoroark isn't such a bad Dark-type and its typing could seriously upset your opponent's strategy, depending on how you use it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Roto13 said:
Is there anywhere you can dive underwater and actually catch Pokemon? Because, if not, I'm taking this Dive Ball as confirmation of an RSE remake. :p

No, and that's what I was thinking. :p

zumphry

Banned
Had a lot of fun with my first 7 battles in the Battle Subway. No way I'm ever going to get a 49+ streak going, since I'm nowhere near patient to EV/IV train.

dangerbyrnes said:
no, i do the opposite i yell at the enemy Pokemon.

"damn little blue piece of crap"
"god damn emolga, you would use volt switch"
"get in the fuckin pokeball"

and in the case of audinos

"aaaaggghhhh, damn it i hate you, you just had to use attract"
"die you pink son of a @#$!*"

This x100.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Holy Order Sol said:
So I got my 3DS and transferred some stuff from HG to White. I have to say, having a Ditto walk behind you is some creepy shit.

I started playing Heart Gold again to collect some missing Pokemon for White, and I realized I really do miss having a Pokemon walk behind you.

decaf

ZayneH said:
Had a lot of fun with my first 7 battles in the Battle Subway. No way I'm ever going to get a 49+ streak going, since I'm nowhere near patient to EV/IV train.
How exactly are you meant to get to 49? I've done the 21 Single Battles repeatedly, but then my only option is to head back to the entrance, which seems to reset my counter.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EvilMario said:
I started playing Heart Gold again to collect some missing Pokemon for White, and I realized I really do miss having a Pokemon walk behind you.

I kind of miss it too, but I expected that it wouldn't be back.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
caffeinedreamer said:
How exactly are you meant to get to 49? I've done the 21 Single Battles repeatedly, but then my only option is to head back to the entrance, which seems to reset my counter.

Super Singles. The standard Singles is amazingly easy and only goes to the first round of the Subway boss.

Roto13 said:

From what I understand, wasn't the Dive Ball in Gen IV as well? Where it was changed to work on any Pokemon surfing? It probably has the same function in Gen V.

So is it worth it for me to wait with Dewott for Hydropump. It's only got 5 PP and 80% Acc. Meanwhile I just got Surf which is close in Atk power, has 100% accuracy and more PP.

I'm thinking I should just let him evolve after aqua tail.

Andrex said:
I kind of miss it too, but I expected that it wouldn't be back.

They really should change that though.

Too bad it will be another 3 years until a pokemon 3ds. Which is alright I don't plan on buying it just yet anyway.

RagnarokX

Mank said:
Bwahaha. The Battle Subway opponent had their Starmie use an attack to copy my Starmie's typing. Wow.
I had a starmie decide to copy my excadrill's typing right before taking an earthquake which made earthquake supereffective on it. How nice of it :)

zumphry

Banned
Inferno313 said:
From what I understand, wasn't the Dive Ball in Gen IV as well? Where it was changed to work on any Pokemon surfing? It probably has the same function in Gen V.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Ball#Introduced_in_Generation_III

Dive Ball:
DPPt | HGSS: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live in the sea.

BW: A somewhat different Poké Ball that works especially well on Pokémon that live underwater.
___
Effect: Allows the player to catch wild Pokémon; works better on Pokémon encountered underwater (RSEBW) or while Surfing or fishing (FRLGDPPtHGSS).

Boogiepop

Finally got all the Power items (though the TM list frightens me), so I think I'll go out and catch a good number of dittos to see if I can get any good ones and then get down to breeding. Any consensus on whether it's better to go Power+Power or Power+Everstone?

OMG Aero

Mank said:
Finally got all the Power items (though the TM list frightens me), so I think I'll go out and catch a good number of dittos to see if I can get any good ones and then get down to breeding. Any consensus on whether it's better to go Power+Power or Power+Everstone?
I think you can only use one pass down item when breeding.
I remember hearing that you can only use one Power item when breeding, and yesterday I was breeding a Pokemon with a Power Lens and one with an Everstone and the ratio of eggs that were the same nature as the Everstone parent was far lower than when I just breed with an Everstone normally.

Morokh

Everstone is just 50% if I remember correctly, so it may be bad luck only.

I always used 2 power items to pass down IV's in HG/SS and as far as I can remember that worked just fine.

Mr. Sam

Wasn't planning on my playing my copy of Diamond again, how long do I have to wait until I can transfer pokemon into B/W from the start of the game? Do I just need seven pokemon (one in my party, six in my PC)? Was just planning on getting all the starters over.

Gravijah

Mr. Sam said:
Wasn't planning on my playing my copy of Diamond again, how long do I have to wait until I can transfer pokemon into B/W from the start of the game? Do I just need seven pokemon (one in my party, six in my PC)? Was just planning on getting all the starters over.

Pretty sure you just have to be able to put them in the PC.

Mr. Sam said:

You have to beat the game and get the National Dex before you can trade.

Mr. Sam

Thanks for the help guys, but I'm a little confused. Just to clarify:

I can transfer pokemon from my copy of Diamond to my copy of White (post-E4) as long as I have six pokemon to put in Diamond's PC, yeah?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mr. Sam said:
Thanks for the help guys, but I'm a little confused. Just to clarify:

I can transfer pokemon from my copy of Diamond to my copy of White (post-E4) as long as I have six pokemon to put in Diamond's PC, yeah?

Transferring is only available after you have obtained the National Dex, ie; in the after game. I'm not sure about the Pokemon limits on trading, but you can't transfer less than 6 Pokemon, so it makes sense.

Holy Order Sol said:
Seriously. I do need Explosion though. :/

It's a shame about Explosion's nerf, but it can still be useful.

Mr. Sam

EvilMario said:
Transferring is only available after you have obtained the National Dex, ie; in the after game. I'm not sure about the Pokemon limits on trading, but you can't transfer less than 6 Pokemon, so it makes sense.

So I have to have acquired the National Dex in Diamond as well?

Gravijah

EvilMario said:

Are you sure? You could trade GBA Pokemon into the DS games at the start. Why would it be changed for DPPt -> White.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:
Are you sure? You could trade GBA Pokemon into the DS games at the start. Why would it be changed for DPPt -> White.

I'm talking about TRADING, from BW -> BW. Like I said, transferring is only after the National Dex. I've traded my Wife a number of older generation Pokemon to her Black cart, and she's just at the 8th Gym now.

Holy Order Sol said:
Yeah, besides, I need it for Qwilfish, and even in its current state it's not like there's much available stuff I'd want over it.

Are you using Rain Dance, or Swords Dance? With Rain Dance setup, Destiny Bond becomes the better option in my opinion because of your Speed. With Swords Dance, Explosion will do plenty of damage still.

EvilMario said:
Are you using Rain Dance, or Swords Dance? With Rain Dance setup, Destiny Bond becomes the better option in my opinion because of your Speed. With Swords Dance, Explosion will do plenty of damage still.

It's a Rain Dance team, but I don't intend to have Qwilfish itself replenish the rain. I was aiming for this:

- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Waterfall
- Explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom