• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glix

EvilMario said:
Two ways.

One is I've played through every title (Fire Red, Emerald, Pokemon XD/Col, Pearl/Platinum, HGSS) many, many times.

Secondly, GTS. Usually it's a 'rare' Pokemon for a 'rare' Pokemon, but occasionally you can find people offering something like a Jirachi for a starter, an easier to obtain legendary Pokemon, etc.

I do tend to release any hacked Pokemon I come across though, so that hurts my numbers. Haha.

There is no way to tell if you have a clone though :(

N4Us

All I remember from Gen4's GTS was that anybody would trade ANYTHING if you offered a Zangoose.

I hope that stays true because I bred like 20 of those fucking things

D-Pad

Andrex said:
If you really want to learn it, pick up JavaScript: The Good Parts. It's a really thin book and a lightning fast read, but brings you up to pace very quickly. Then start messing around with jQuery.
Much thanks. I'll definitely look in to it.

These next few weeks will probably be spent leveling my Pokemon team for the tourny though, so it'll have to wait. I'm still trying to decide my strategy and collect some much needed in game items (the power items, etc, fucking cheap ass subway gotdamn)...

Zomba13

Just transfered over the shiny beasts so I could get Zoroark. Went there with nothign to weaken it. Thunder Waved it to para it then threw a bunch of balls. Gotcha! 'Entei' was caught! :D

Gravijah

N4Us said:
All I remember from Gen4's GTS was that anybody would trade ANYTHING if you offered a Zangoose.

I hope that stays true because I bred like 20 of those fucking things

They were sorta rare in DPPt and HGSS but they're not too bad to get in BW i t seems.

Articalys

EvilMario said:
Two ways.

One is I've played through every title (Fire Red, Emerald, Pokemon XD/Col, Pearl/Platinum, HGSS) many, many times.

Secondly, GTS. Usually it's a 'rare' Pokemon for a 'rare' Pokemon, but occasionally you can find people offering something like a Jirachi for a starter, an easier to obtain legendary Pokemon, etc.

I do tend to release any hacked Pokemon I come across though, so that hurts my numbers. Haha.
I figured that was the case; I would never be able to stand replaying a whole game just for a second copy of one of the legendaries, though. I can see how the starters would be easier, as long as they were being requested at lower levels.

Plus I don't want to lose the saved games I already have.

Glix

Articalys said:
I figured that was the case; I would never be able to stand replaying a whole game just for a second copy of one of the legendaries, though. I can see how the starters would be easier, as long as they were being requested at lower levels.

Plus I don't want to lose the saved games I already have.

Once you've transferred everyone over, does it really matter anymore?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Here's how the GTS currency breaks down:

Wood: Normal, Base-Form Pokemon
Copper: Normal, Evolved Pokemon
Bronze: Version Exclusive
Silver: Starter Pokemon
Gold: In-Game Legendaries (Uxie, Giratina, Kyurem)
Platinum: Event Legendaries

Shininess elevates a Pokemon about four or five ranks.

If what you trade for is on the same level or lower than what you're trading, you shouldn't have any problems.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HenryGale said:
Maybe one day pokemon games will allow for multiple save files. One day.

The only way I'd go for that is if you could also password-protect your save file. Otherwise there would be no point imo...

But the way it is now, with two save files (one as a backup) works for me.

Andrex said:
The only way I'd go for that is if you could also password-protect your save file. Otherwise there would be no point imo...

But the way it is now, with two save files (one as a backup) works for me.

Come again?

How about for people who spent a ton of hours playing and hit a wall in things to do in the game. Instead of having to erase the game to try another starter begin the game again ect you can have another save file. You know like tens and hundreds of thousands of games have had for years now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Got a mild nature thundurus with pretty good IVs in 4 stats... only problem is one of the two that aren't so good is Special Attack
23/28/28/6/8/24

To keep or not to keep...

Gravijah

HenryGale said:
Come again?

How about for people who spent a ton of hours playing and hit a wall in things to do in the game. Instead of having to erase the game to try another starter begin the game again ect you can have another save file. You know like tens and hundreds of thousands of games have had for years now.

Think he's just talking about the backup save file that is created in case the main file gets corrupted.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HenryGale said:
Come again?

Every Gen 4 and probably 5 game has two copies of your save file. One of them is a backup that kicks in if the game detects your main one is corrupted in some way. Fault tolerance.

Looking for some trades to fill out my Pokedex.

FC - 1893 0485 7241

Have (all level 1 unless marked as otherwise)

Totodile x1
Totodile L12 x1
Oshawott x2
Charmander x1
Tepig x1
Chimchar x2
Zorua x3
Zorua L12 x1
Snivy x3
Snivy L18 x1
Squirtle x2
Bulbasaur x4
Shinx x1

Looking for (any level)

#30 Nidorina
#32 Nidoran Male
#33 Nidorino
#44 Gloom
#61 Poliwhirl
#64 Kadabra
#76 Golem
#97 Hypno

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Holy Order Sol said:
How does this even happen.

To my knowledge it's impossible. I spent almost 400 hours in SoulSilver and I still didn't accomplish everything.

Glix

HenryGale said:
Come again?

I think they don't allow this because they don't want sharing within the household. They want to force people to buy both versions.

I think that it could be rectified by ONLY allowing you to start a new file if you have beaten the game or something like that....

Izayoi

Banned
I get most of my spare Legendaries from the GTS. Hawk that place and you'll find mistake listings and people offering for something that they think is "rare" (got a Reshiram for a level 100 Arcanine a week or so ago).

Multiple versions helps to some extent, but you can get way more by just hawking the GTS for a few hours.

Gravijah said:
Really? I like the Gen V version better. But really, any version is fine.
I'm with you. I much prefer the Gen V version.

D-Pad

Lost the very first super single subway battle to a preschooler... Fucking hell. How the hell do you guys do this?

Yeeeah, going back to single subway. At least I'm almost guaranteed a power item there...

Boogiepop

Well, here's what my extras came out as. All Calm Togepis.
Male, Hustle: 26-27,0-1,26-27,28-29,31,22-23 (Damn you, Hustle!)
Male, SG: 30-31, 26-27, 12-13, 24-25, 31, 6-7 (Damn you, low defense stat!)
Female, Hustle: 12-13, 26-27, 6-7, 4-5, 31, 4-5
Female, SG: 0-1, 6-7, 26-27, 0-1, 31, 24-25
Male, SG: 0-1, 16-17, 26-27, 4-5, 31, 14-15
Male, Hustle: 0-1, 26-27, 10-11, 16-17, 31, 22-23

I pulled off 2 more Calm ones, and I'll be evolving them and using them as the parents for a new generation. What else helps in increasing Happiness other than massages? I want to get these two up to breedable ASAP.
Anyway, anybody interested in the above Togepis?

Andrex said:
To my knowledge it's impossible. I spent almost 400 hours in SoulSilver and I still didn't accomplish everything.

Holy Order Sol said:
The name you're looking for is Pokémon Stadium 3.

Thing is you guys are not the avg pokemon player. I don't know what the hell IV's really are nor do I care. I want to get all the Unova pokemon, and read a bit into some of the more advanced stuff and call it a day. You can put 1-200 hours into the game doing just that.

Beyond that I find no enjoyment in getting all the pokemon from other games, spending hours breeding worrying about these other stats ect. By wall I mean within the campaign, and not being a collectaholic.

I'd like to not erase all the time I put intuit he game, and maybe start a new one with snippy or tepid try a different setup on my team ect. Instead to do this I have to delete my old game. Which sucks.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HenryGale said:
Thing is you guys are not the avg pokemon player. I don't know what the hell IV's really are nor do I care. I want to get all the Unova pokemon, and read a bit into some of the more advanced stuff and call it a day. You can put 1-200 hours into the game doing just that.

Beyond that I find no enjoyment in getting all the pokemon from other games, spending hours breeding worrying about these other stats ect. By wall I mean within the campaign, and not being a collectaholic.

I'd like to not erase all the time I put intuit he game, and maybe start a new one with snippy or tepid try a different setup on my team ect. Instead to do this I have to delete my old game. Which sucks.

What's the difference? Either you're a casual player or a hardcore player. If you're casual then it doesn't matter what you lose when you start a new game.

Oni Link 666 said:
Looking for some trades to fill out my Pokedex.

FC - 1893 0485 7241

Have (all level 1 unless marked as otherwise)

Totodile x1
Totodile L10 x1
Oshawott x2
Charmander x1
Tepig x1
Chimchar x2
Zorua x3
Zorua L12 x1
Snivy x3
Snivy L18 x1
Squirtle x2
Bulbasaur x4
Shinx x1

Looking for (any level)

#30 Nidorina
#32 Nidoran Male
#33 Nidorino
#44 Gloom
#61 Poliwhirl
#64 Kadabra
#76 Golem
#97 Hypno

Hey, if you're still needing it, I can give you a Nidoran♂. I'll be wanting a Charmander though! My FC is in the Google Doc in OP.

Gravijah

EvilMario said:
Welp. Second time I've missed typed it with the same mistake: 1978 9457 7327

edit: Online now.

Same. If you can see me, initiate the trade. For some reason I have trouble seeing other people sometimes... Also, I can see why you mistype your FC. :p

DoomXploder7 said:
oh, where do you find the "someone" who created the PC system?

I suck with names... I think it's the place with the first gym? Oh, it also has the Dreamyard near it. So yeah, there. In a building.

Red

HenryGale said:

I loved that in G/S there was another set of gyms to complete after the E4. It made the quest feel so much more substantial. 8 gyms doesn't cut it. Even if there was a way to rematch gym leaders, that would be great. I'm with you, I don't worry much about EVs or IVs, I just like to play, I like the collection and the basic challenge, but when you get to the end it all slows down so much. I'd like more.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Gravijah said:
Same. If you can see me, initiate the trade. For some reason I have trouble seeing other people sometimes... Also, I can see why you mistype your FC. :p

I suck with names... I think it's the place with the first gym? Oh, it also has the Dreamyard near it. So yeah, there. In a building.

It's terribly buggy sometimes. I have to quit out a lot and reconnect to be able to start a trade.

Roto13

Ugh, I'm trying to find a Duskull. Apparently the only place they exist in any of my DS games is on Route 224 in Pearl. Apparently I haven't actually been to Route 224 in Pearl, so I have to go through some nonsense with unfought trainers and uuuugh, it's so slow I can't even play it any more. I was in a six-Pokemon double battle and it was seriously taking ages. I got as far as two KOs and just turned it off. I don't have the patience for this.

It's not in my Pokedex (nor are either of its evolutions) so I'll probably be back later to bug PokeGAF for one. Be ready.
HenryGale said:
Maybe one day pokemon games will allow for multiple save files. One day.
I think the way Nintendo sees it is your Pokemon game is your own personal Pokemon trainer account. It's less about going through the story from start to finish than it is about collecting and training Pokemon and battling with others. A Pokemon game with two save files is kind of like a cell phone with two phone numbers, contact lists, etc. Really, if you don't care about collecting Pokemon, you probably shouldn't care about erasing your save file in the first place. If there are a few you want to hang on to, you can just give them to someone to keep for you until you can trade them back, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom