• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, got crushed due to last post. Repost:

FunkyMunkey said:
Hey all, is anyone willing to help me out and trade a shelmet so my karrablast will evolve?

I have both karrablast and shelmet if it matters n_n. I'd appreciate it tremendously!~

My FC is 5372 - 0118 - 0788.
Well, I'll help you while I'm waiting. FC's in the OP list. (3739-8842-7058)
Gravijah said:
Any time I read one of Coltraines posts, I imagine that he is Detective Gumshoe.
DOH HO HO HO HO HO

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
I just want a way to back my save up. Losing what is easily close to a thousand hours of cumulative playtime would be a pretty big kick in the balls, to say the least.

We did talk about this before. It does seem like they're moving in that direction. Hopefully Gen 6 will have a true Game Sync option.

Even still, there are ways to back up a save file, if you're willing to get creative.

Izayoi

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
DOH HO HO HO HO HO
Avatars have the strangest effect on perception.

Andrex said:
Even still, there are ways to back up a save file, if you're willing to get creative.
I am. I know there are certain models of Action Replay that let you do it, apparently. Any other ways?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade, I'll be on in about 10 minutes.

D-Pad said:
Is there going to be a gaf-tourny after this upcoming one where previous gen Pokes are allowed?

I've been thinking about it. It would be a fast tournaround though, to capitalize on the excitement from the first tourney. Maybe a week or so after the doubles one ends. It would be singles or triples, haven't decided yet. Probably will be singles, then I might do a triples right after.

Izayoi said:
I am. I know there are certain models of Action Replay that let you do it, apparently. Any other ways?

When I was looking into getting direct feed videos of battles saved with the Versus Recorder, Sixfortyfive and I came to the conclusion it was possible if you backed up your save to a flash cart, transferred it to a PC, then loaded it in an emulator. So something similar is what I was suggesting.

Izayoi

Banned
Gravijah said:
It annoys me when people lack avatars. :(
Yup. Hard to associate them with anything, and I'm terrible with names.

DoomXploder7 said:
even more so when they change them.
Fucking this.

Andrex.

Though to be fair, at least you use the same character.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Izayoi said:
Fucking this.

Andrex.

Though to be fair, at least you use the same character.

I'll always change it back to the "original" though, no worries. Sometimes I just feel I need to change things up a little.

DoomXploder7 said:
even more so when they change them.
I like changing mine currently :sad gumshoe face:

I forgot to put my previous offer up :|

Does anyone here have a Jolly Ditto with 31 IV in Speed? I need one for my next breeding expedition, and I don't really feel up to catching up to 36 Ditto ._.;

I can offer these starters:
Charmander/Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Gen 4 starters
Gen 5 starters

or Modest DP Deino in return, or most of the Pokémon catchable in White.

Enjoy yo spearman, FunkyMunkey (>o_o)>

D-Pad

BTW, if anyone wants to use that old EV counter I made, here is the link:

PKMN EV Journal

JogrW.jpg

Pretty simple. Just click + to add 1 EV to that stat, and - to take one away. It tells you the totals and lets you save and reload your stats. It's a very quick program I threw together for personal use but it works, so hey! Quick Entry lets you enter a number for every stat.

Andrefpvs also posted one a couple pages back too, FYI.

Roto13

I'm not too worried about losing my save file. The last time a game I owned was damaged to the point where I couldn't play it any more was 1994. I can kind of see save file corruption being a worry, but even that's kind of a non-issue thanks to the fact that the card keeps two alternating save files for just such an occurrance.
CoffeeJanitor said:
Wtf @ people fighting against more save slots. There really isn't any hurt in it.

Prolly just another example of GF being lazy.
Lazy? Does Pokemon feel like the kind of game that was just thrown together without any effort? It's pretty clearly a specific design choice.

Harpuia said:
I hear talk of dark pulse deinos. I did research and it seems to be a long and arduous process..who's giving them out? :(
I can give you one. I won't need anything in return, though any pre-Unova starters would be nice if you have any.

Harpuia said:
I hear talk of dark pulse deinos. I did research and it seems to be a long and arduous process..who's giving them out? :(
edit: Ooh, beaten. But I'll leave the info here anyway:

The thing about them is this: Dark Pulse is one of Deino's egg moves. It's the best (and only) Special Dark move Hydreigon can learn. This is good because Hydreigon's best stat is Sp. Attack.

The Pokémon that can learn it and give it to him (Ekans, Arbok, Seviper) don't have DP as part of their moveset. They need to be taught the move in DPPtHGSS (Gen 4), then transferred, then bred.

zumphry

Banned
I'M A STOOPID NOOB QUESTION!: How do you make Pokemon gain EVs and IVs? Isn't it like, specific wild Pokemon to grind, or something? Plus making sure you have a correct nature?

Wiseblade

I wonder what kind of slant Empoleon puts on my posts...

@ Andrex:
Is this going to be a flat battle, Item Clause, Team Preview and all that?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
I wonder what kind of slant Empoleon puts on my posts...

@ Andrex:
Is this going to be a flat battle, Item Claus, team preview and all that?

Yeah, flat battle.

Izayoi

Banned
ZayneH said:
I'M A STOOPID NOOB QUESTION!: How do you make Pokemon gain EVs and IVs? Isn't it like, specific wild Pokemon to grind, or something? Plus making sure you have a correct nature?
IVs are like genes, determined when you catch a Pokemon (or through extensive breeding).

EVs are gaining through defeating wild Pokemon.

Izayoi

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
Unova dex complete , just need to breed/evolve now for a copy of each pokemon.
Yeah, that's the time consuming part unfortunately.

The new EXP scaling system made it a little better, but damn it still takes forever.

Kingbrave

Question: I have an 8 year old son and he loves the cartoon. He can read really well. Do you think this game would be okay for him? I'm looking for a game we can play together other than Mario Kart. Thanks.

Edit: I should note that I've never played a Pokemon game before.

ryan-ts

Kingbrave said:
Question: I have an 8 year old son and he loves the cartoon. He can read really well. Do you think this game would be okay for him? I'm looking for a game we can play together other than Mario Kart. Thanks.

Edit: I should note that I've never played a Pokemon game before.

Yes! Yes! You guys will have a lot of fun and Poke Gaf can help if you need it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well that was educational. My affinity for flying types really does get the better of me, oh well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DoomXploder7 said:
Does anyone know where most of the trading items and breeding incenses are?

Breeding incenses are at the Drifteil City market. I believe you should get most of the trading items just lying around during the main quest.

JVIDICAN

So whats up with random wifi battles? When you join it states no items are allowed, but obviously they are. :p

@ Roto. Let me know when you wanna do the fix.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JVIDICAN said:
So whats up with random wifi battles? When you join it states no items are allowed, but obviously they are. :p

@ Roto. Let me know when you wanna do the fix.

I believe it means you can't have more than one of an item on more than one Pokemon.

Boogiepop

Yesssss! Good Togepi, FINALLY! 30+ in HP, Def, and Sp Def, 12+ Sp At, 24+ Speed and Attack. And it has Serene Grace :)
Got a male with Serene Grace and 30+ in HP and Sp Def (31 in Sp Def, I believe) and crap stats elsewhere, and a male with Hustle and 30+ HP and Speed (and 20+ Def), in addition to what I posted earlier.
If anyone is interested in either, I'm again looking for good IV/breeding pokemon.
Edit: They all have Growl, Charm, Wish, and AncientPower. Not sure if any of that matters.

JVIDICAN

Andrex said:
I believe it means you can't have more than one of an item on more than one Pokemon.
Hmm. I read it as no items at all. It cost me a few battles last night. :(

So that tourney.. is that the double battle one or a different one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom