• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roto13

EDIT: Well it's only available on Route 224 and I hadn't even been there yet and all of my strong Pokemon were transferred over to Black except for like three. :p It was going to take days.
JVIDICAN said:
Alright. What did you want it named btw?
I'll let you hold on to my shiny scrafty for a bit as insurance. lol
That's not really necessary, but it will be nice to have another shiny in my Pokedex. ;P Just Serperior is fine.

ok mismagius sounds somewhat nice though maybe i should look at her D/P entry
edit: spoke to sooon D: "tormented to headaches and hallucinations >.< "

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
That's not really necessary, but it will be nice to have another shiny in my Pokedex. ;P Just Serperior is fine.
feel free to try it in battle or something I'll have serperior back in 10 minutes. :)

Roto13

JVIDICAN said:
feel free to try it in battle or something I'll have serperior back in 10 minutes. :)
I think I'll just hang around the Wi Fi room. :p I've got everyone running around doing things for me tonight!

EDIT: All done. Thanks for taking care of that for me. :)

D-Pad

Lost count of a stat's EV's... I kept forgetting whether I already counted them or not, and now I don't know whether I'm ahead or behind. What's the best way to go about this now?

JVIDICAN

Roto13 said:
I think I'll just hang around the Wi Fi room. :p I've got everyone running around doing things for me tonight!

EDIT: All done. Thanks for taking care of that for me. :)
No problem! Shiny Serperior actually looks pretty bad ass. lol.

JVIDICAN

D-Pad said:
Lost count of a stat's EV's... I kept forgetting whether I already counted them or not, and now I don't know whether I'm ahead or behind. What's the best way to go about this now?
Over grind what ever EV you were working on to ensure its maxed? Unless it was a secondary stat, then idk. :/

D-Pad said:
Try to fill out the other stats you are trying to EV train, then go back to the one you lost count on. Even if you go 'over', you'll hit the limit if that's the only stat left that needs EVs.

D-Pad

JVIDICAN said:
Over grind what ever EV you were working on to ensure its maxed? Unless it was a secondary stat, then idk. :/

Yeah, it's a secondary. I wanted to stop at 128... It was a pretty silly question, I know. :p

So I've got a team of 6 avg of lvl 40. Just beat the 6th gym, anyone up for a battle who wouldn't totally destroy me?

Been doing work all day looking to take a quick pokemon break. Cant currently progress as I play along with my girl and she's yet to beat the 6th gym. We battle every other gym.

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:
So I've got a team of 6 avg of lvl 40. Just beat the 6th gym, anyone up for a battle who wouldn't totally destroy me?

Been doing work all day looking to take a quick pokemon break. Cant currently progress as I play along with my girl and she's yet to beat the 6th gym. We battle every other gym.
I could just go easy on you. :-
lol. I need a person to battle too. :/

D-Pad

ColtraineGF said:
Try to fill out the other stats you are trying to EV train, then go back to the one you lost count on. Even if you go 'over', you'll hit the limit if that's the only stat left that needs EVs.
Thanks! Where is the lady who tells you when you hit the limit, btw?

And actually, who cares? It's gonna be stronger than if I didn't do it at all. :p

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you ever need to 're-EV', there are berries that reduce them. However, I don't believe they'll be available until Dream World.

Just for a tip, I don't EV if I don't have my entire attention toward it. I find you can end up making too many slips. I also only take down the EV at the end of the battle, in case of something fluky, and keeping it consistent. So at the end of a battle I don't go 'shit, did I already write this one down'.

B/W is really great for training though. They seem to group most of the EV types together in one place, and it makes training pretty smooth compared to other generations. No Vs Seeker is a bit of a let down however.

I just found out that the instrument
Opelucid music lady
plays is an erhu. I recognized the connection as soon as I looked up a video of music from it.

Sounds good normally.

I can't believe I did't recognize it though, considering I've heard it in so many movies of Chinese origin/setting...

Gravijah

ColtraineGF said:
Opelucid music lady
plays is an erhu. I recognized the connection as soon as I looked up a video of music from it.

Sounds good normally.

yeah

too bad it's not a KEYTAR

ok looking at the pokedexes

creepiest ghosts
1) yamask line
2) shuppet line
3) shedinja

least creepy goes to
1) spritomb
2) sableye
3) golett line ( unless that mysterious energy inside them is people...it's people isn't it GF -.-)

aww aren't they just the cutest little murderers
1) drifloon
2) litwick
3) frillish

Roto13

ColtraineGF said:
Opelucid music lady

Sounds good normally.
But it's not a Keytar so this is yet another way in which White falls short of Black.

D-Pad

"You're pokemon... Put in a great effort!"

Does that mean TOTAL EV's are maxed like the previous gen or that one stat has been maxed?

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:
How? I pressed every button? It just says you have contacted me.

(This is my first FC battle :/)
lol. It's my first time setting up a battle. :p
I'll try setting up a battle again, talk to me once I do.

Articalys

Andrex said:
Here's how the GTS currency breaks down:

Wood: Normal, Base-Form Pokemon
Copper: Normal, Evolved Pokemon
Bronze: Version Exclusive
Silver: Starter Pokemon
Gold: In-Game Legendaries (Uxie, Giratina, Kyurem)
Platinum: Event Legendaries

Shininess elevates a Pokemon about four or five ranks.

If what you trade for is on the same level or lower than what you're trading, you shouldn't have any problems.
Except when I go to trade, all I ever see is just "Zekrom any", "Reshiram any", "Haxorus lvl 100", and low level starters, even for common stuff. And would it kill Nintendo to let you see more than seven options at a time? And why does everyone want stuff at high levels? This just feels like a massive joke being played on me.

JVIDICAN said:
lol. It's my first time setting up a battle. :p
I'll try setting up a battle again, talk to me once I do.

Haha you would think it would be easier. I'm having flashbacks of trying to play smash brawl online with my friend on the phone trying to get it to work.

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:
Haha you would think it would be easier. I'm having flashbacks of trying to play smash brawl online with my friend on the phone trying to get it to work.

Yeah I know, It says you want to join me but I cant do anything! D:
Someone halp us! :'(

Gravijah said:
If you guys are having issues, try turning the c-gear on.

C-gear should be on, I always tell it to be at the start.

I see his dude bouncing so then it says connect, but nothing is saying battle ect. I got to a point where it said talking. Don't know if it is being setup correctly.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:
Except when I go to trade, all I ever see is just "Zekrom any", "Reshiram any", "Haxorus lvl 100", and low level starters, even for common stuff. And would it kill Nintendo to let you see more than seven options at a time? And why does everyone want stuff at high levels? This just feels like a massive joke being played on me.

DO NOT GO TO TRADE

Go to get traded with. Put your stuff up and ask for something. Using my guide, you'll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom