• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Andrex said:
DO NOT GO TO TRADE

Go to get traded with. Put your stuff up and ask for something. Using my guide, you'll get it.
Fair enough.

Anyone have a minute to help me flip some Shelmet and Karrablast?

FC 2451 4377 8843

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:
C-gear should be on, I always tell it to be at the start.

I see his dude bouncing so then it says connect, but nothing is saying battle ect. I got to a point where it said talking. Don't know if it is being setup correctly.
Yeah, I always enable C gear. :/ I'll back out and try rejoining.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Thundurus
Lax Nature (+Def, -SpDef)
IVS:
HP: 23
Attack: 16
Defense: 8
Special Attack: 30
Special Defense: 26
Speed: 29

It's not the nature I want, but when the IVs come out to an average of 22 per stat..... think I should keep it?

Hahaha wtf why are you still lvl 81. Why the hell does this game make no fucking sense to me. I cant play with real levels locally and now online we aren't 50. Fantastic.

I knew the leveled didn't bring me up to 50 I fig then would bring you down haha. i'm boned. Hahaha.

How can I play like this locally!? Anyone know?

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:
Hahaha wtf why are you still lvl 81. Why the hell does this game make no fucking sense to me. I cant play with real levels locally and now online we aren't 50. Fantastic.
dont worry I'll leech seed you to death! :D

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:

I knew the leveled didn't bring me up to 50 I fig then would bring you down haha. i'm boned. Hahaha.

How can I play like this locally!? Anyone know?
Like I said in my edit try Setting the rules at flat rules. See if that does anything

Roto13

Articalys said:
Except when I go to trade, all I ever see is just "Zekrom any", "Reshiram any", "Haxorus lvl 100", and low level starters, even for common stuff. And would it kill Nintendo to let you see more than seven options at a time? And why does everyone want stuff at high levels? This just feels like a massive joke being played on me.
Low level starters are actually a pretty good deal for anything. I keep a bunch of them (and Zorua) handy just because they're in such high demand and they're easy enough to breed.

Articalys

Roto13 said:
Low level starters are actually a pretty good deal for anything. I keep a bunch of them (and Zorua) handy just because they're in such high demand and they're easy enough to breed.
Yeah, I'm trying to breed some Oshawott but the rate is only 20%... anyone want to swap Dittos?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
GaimeGuy said:
Thundurus
Lax Nature (+Def, -SpDef)
IVS:
HP: 23
Attack: 16
Defense: 8
Special Attack: 30
Special Defense: 26
Speed: 29

It's not the nature I want, but when the IVs come out to an average of 22 per stat..... think I should keep it?

No. Your nature will be more important than your IVs even. It gives essentially a 10% boost to one stat. And if that one stat happens to be your critical 108 base speed, or intimidating 125 base SpAtk, you really want it. :p

Even though I got destroyed it was fun. Haha we'll have to do it again with flat rules. I just have to get back to finishing work for now. Good game .

Guys.

I'm 50 hours in and sick to death of my current team. I wanna start from scratch. My current lineup is as follows:

Volcarona
Samurott
Zekrom
Braviary
Krookodile
Stoutland

I'm looking for a team that offers something different in terms of play while also being competitive. I'd like a strong grass type in particular. Suggestions?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Super_Chicken said:
Link to your guide please.

That was it, the GTS currency post thing. Re-posted for posterity:

Andrex said:
Here's how the GTS currency breaks down:

Wood: Normal, Base-Form Pokemon
Copper: Normal, Evolved Pokemon
Bronze: Version Exclusive
Silver: Starter Pokemon
Gold: In-Game Legendaries (Uxie, Giratina, Kyurem)
Platinum: Event Legendaries

Shininess elevates a Pokemon about four or five ranks.

If what you trade for is on the same level or lower than what you're trading, you shouldn't have any problems.

JVIDICAN

HenryGale said:
Even though I got destroyed it was fun. Haha we'll have to do it again with flat rules. I just have to get back to finishing work for now. Good game .
Lol. yeah. Congrats on killing a fully Ev trained Serperior. :p

Red

MrCookiepants said:
Guys.

I'm 50 hours in and sick to death of my current team. I wanna start from scratch. My current lineup is as follows:

Volcarona
Samurott
Zekrom
Braviary
Krookodile
Stoutland

I'm looking for a team that offers something different in terms of play while also being competitive. I'd like a strong grass type in particular. Suggestions?
Ferrothorn offers some cool possibilities, but has a huge weakness to fire (4x). Serperior with Contrary might be a good idea. Others here would definitely know better though.

JVIDICAN

MrCookiepants said:
Guys.

Volcarona
Samurott
Zekrom
Braviary
Krookodile
Stoutland

Get yourself a Scrafty! Now! :D

Crunched said:
Ferrothorn offers some cool possibilities, but has a huge weakness to fire (4x). Serperior with Contrary might be a good idea. Others here would definitely know better though.

I'd never taken any notice of Ferrothorn but it actually does look interesting. Thanks.

JVIDICAN

Crunched said:
Sadly they wont be legal for likely another year. :'(

JVIDICAN

MrCookiepants said:
I know I'm in the minority, but I really dislike Scraggy/Scrafty's design. I've heard nothing but good things, though. I guess he's worth a try.
regular scrafty is ugly. But shiny scrafty.. he's hawt. <3
fk1i6v.jpg

Articalys

This is pretty crazy: first it takes me about 5 minutes of walking back and forth to get the first egg at the 20% rate, and then I get three more in about two minutes. Guess the RNG gave up.

Anyone want to do a starter-for-starter swap for an Oshawott?

JVIDICAN

Crunched said:
Why's that?
It hasn't been released in dream world yet. Neither in US/EU or JPN. In fact its over world sprite doesn't even exist in black or white(something dream world pokemon require). So unless it's given away at an event you wont see it(unhacked) until gray releases.

Articalys

I was just disconnected from GTS twice as many times as I actually managed to connect, and half of those got disconnected partway through as well. And I know the wifi in my apartment works just fine.

What the hell, Nintendo. At least I managed to get my request posted.

Butane123

Articalys said:
I was just disconnected from GTS twice as many times as I actually managed to connect, and half of those got disconnected partway through as well. And I know the wifi in my apartment works just fine.

What the hell, Nintendo.
I haven't even been able to connect at all tonight.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Articalys said:

What the hell, Nintendo.

As this thread proves*, B/W are the most popular DS Pokemon games yet. I'm personally waiting until April 6 before I really start complaining about the online problems.

*This thread is almost at 14,000 posts, which is about 85% of the thread totals for the D/P and HG/SS threads. When we hit 14k, this thread's first month will be more than the two most popular months combined for either the D/P or HG/SS threads.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:

What the hell, Nintendo. At least I managed to get my request posted.
Japan time. Afternoon in Japan is when everything comes crashing down in flames.

Izayoi

Banned
Andrex said:
Dude... not cool...
Woah, yeah.

I definitely was not talking about the recent disasters. I would not have donated my food budget for the month had I thought the events were amusing in any way.
Cup noodle, my only friend. ;_;

No, I was talking about the GTS servers. It's just after school is out in Japan, and as such the servers are experiencing a huge load right now. It happens every night, the GTS becomes basically unusable.

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
I guess this is my Pokemon wifi inexperience showing through then. So if I wait until about, what, 2am PDT, it should get better?
Worse, probably. Starts letting up at around 5AM-6AM PDT.

Can someone hook me up with a level 1 Oshawott or egg? The 2 I got via trades were wack :(

I don't have anything to offer though..unless you want those Oshawotts I don't want :)

EDIT: NM. Finally found one I like on GTS !

upandaway

Whoaaaaa. I had no clue that Pokemon still evolved even if they fainted during the fight.

That's awesome. I really thought I was screwed out of the evolution this time.

1:24:40
612 caught
almost there

also whats everyone's most and least favorite type?
mine are Fighting and Water(cause of the over abundance and the large amount of "simply a fish pokemon") respectively.

( yeah i'd have to say that if there were less water pokemon i'd hate normal the most probably)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom